Author Topic: What a day....  (Read 2585 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: What a day....
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »
trust me when I say they were left nameless.... and short of a few strips or two....  we certainly tore not 1 but several strips off the staff who brought him into us!!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 20:01:29 PM »
Oh please let me have the names and address of the care workers.  I'd love to pop round to their house with my VERY LARGE scissors and cut into one one of their ears!! I'm sure they won't mind cuz it will heal ok!!!  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Although the "person" who did this also deserves the same treatment ... they are obviously mentally deficient and as such can't be held totally responsible.  The care workers on the hand need a seriously good hard slapping in my opinion.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 19:41:44 PM »
so when you report the owner for cruelty you can name them as accessories... :evillaugh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 19:40:46 PM »
sounds like the care workers put their clients needs ahead of the kitten.

didn't they just!   think it was more maddening that they couldn't really see what all the fuss was about as they came out with "its healing now so what's the big deal!!"        needless to say it didn't go down well! 

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 19:20:37 PM »
Aww, what an up and down day for you, fingers crossed for them all, especially the oldie. I hate to see oldies in rescues.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 19:09:52 PM »
sounds like the care workers put their clients needs ahead of the kitten. Hope they learned their lesson. Pity poor Bam Bam that had to be the source of their learning... >:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 14:13:46 PM »
What a princess  >:( >:(

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 13:04:03 PM »
I'll pass on all the cuddles and good wishes!  :)  thanks guys.

Re the wee ginger, (who we have called Bam Bam lol ) its actually a rather disturbing story in all... very long but the cliff notes version of events went something like this.....

We were approached by a local government care agency who had told one of their clients that they could have  a kitten and had taken the 'person' out to shop for toys, litter boxes, etc, etc etc.  However they had NO cat at this point.

When they arrived with us they gave us the background and told us she was fully lucid and would be supervised closely so as to ensure that no harm would come to the kitten.  Straight away we had BBBIIIIIGGGGG doubts.  :scared: We told them we'd think about it and discuss with the rest of the bods at the shelter and get back to them to let them know what we advised....  :tired:

SO, we all sat down and were talking about it and although we had already agreed that this particular person was in NO way suitable for a kitten we also weren't convinced that a adult wouldn't be suitable for her either... in fact any cat.  During the meeting we received a phone call from a neighbour of this said person who was flabbergasted at the thought this local government care organisation could even contemplate allowing this 'person' to have a cat of any sort!!!   :scared:

Allegations were also made that this 'person' had previously tied a cat (tightly) to the fence and left it there of which the neighbour had to rescue!!!!!   >:(

We contacted the care organisation who would not admit nor deny that this had happened and we passed on our recommendations to her care worker. 

"Under no circumstances has this 'person' to be left to care for a kitten or cat"

Well, it would appear that they totally ignored our advice and went somewhere else for a kitten!!!  So, little Bam Bam ended up with said 'person' despite our recommendations.  They wouldn't say 'where' the kitten came from but they had got him at 5 weeks old!!!!!  (way too young for a start!)

After 2 weeks with said 'person' they took the kitten off her with plans to bring it straight to us (we didn't know anything about this at the time!)  But on taking him back to the office he was SO thin and weak and with the damage to his ear that the carers looked after him for another 2 weeks before they brought him to us. 

We were and are Furious!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  They totally ignored our advice and recommendations and went ahead anyway jeopardising the life of a cat in the process!!!  Poor wee Bam Bam was in a terrible state!  Needless to say we were livid at the staff and reported a complaint to their head office!!!  For all the good it will do now!

Wee BamBam's ear is healing nicely now its just his ear looks a bit funny as it has a big kink in it and a big V at the top where the cut as healed and left a gap.  (she cut from the top of his ear towards the bottom about an inch....

So damn infuriating.  His temper had definately been broken but with lots of TLC and time he has turned into a wonderful little kitten that we'd like to find a very special home for.

Next time I'm up I'll get a couple of pics... will post one up of Bonny later today  :)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 21:50:39 PM »
Why would anyone do that!!?  >:(

Wonder what she would think of someone cutting off her ears with scissors - what are these people on? I am glad that he is recovering well now though, I hope he can erase that horrid excuse for a human being from his memory.

Please give a special kiss to the oldie for me  :shy: and also the poor cat with the burnt feet and collar too tight - our Doc was left in the same condition and he has a ring of white hairs around his neck to show for it  :(

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 21:03:38 PM »
I think mor4e cold is heading your way so hope you and all kittys are nice and warm.

Love to see some pics   ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 20:42:46 PM »
!  yes you read correctly.... she cut into his ear with scissors!!!!!!! grrrrr  >:(  >:(

And "people" like that are allowed to walk the street?
I would have the woman PTS with a bus  >:(

Anyway, glad business is brisk  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
What a day....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 20:06:12 PM »
Been absolutely mad hectic not to mention rather shall we say ' shallow' people phoning and driving me up the wall!!!  I swear if I hear "I'm looking for a kitten for the bairn for Xmas" again... I'll scream!!!  >:(

Its been bitter bitter cold up here and winds howling round the shelter making it even harder work getting round everyone as it is so damn cold!!  even the cats were feeling it today and were all huddled in their cosy beds in the warmth in their heated units.  We've even had threats of snow!!!!  <hope not>

On an up note we got a home for Snuggles and Lucy together who were 2 older cats that have been looking for a home for a while.   ;D

Couple more came in.  :tired:  Poor wee thing who is a fair age... maybe 14 or so... owner died and no-one in the family wanted to take the cat in so she has come to stay with us for a while until we can find a placement for her.

Then there is little bonnie... lord only knows where she has been but she has had all 4 paws burnt and her feet look really sore!  She has come in as a stray with a collar so tight I'm surprised she can even breathe!!!  bless her.  So she is getting lots of TLC.

I did get a smile today tho when I visited with a little ginger kitten that arrived a couple of weeks ago and is doing brilliantly well now.  He came in at 9 weeks old, very skinny, scared, very very aggresive with an ear that was essentially 'broken' across the centre where the previous 'owner' had held his ear while cutting into it with a pair of scissors!!!!!!!!  yes you read correctly.... she cut into his ear with scissors!!!!!!! grrrrr  >:(  >:(

He is doing grand now tho and is lively, happy and a cheeky little rascal like any ginger kitten should be... bless him.  He is absolutely adorable. (Must get pictures!)  and has no fear whatsoever now as he hares round the room at a 1000 miles an hour!!!

I hope to catch up with the forum posts tomorrow as I'm completely exhausted tonight and going for a sit down, feet up with my own furbabes.   Hope that everyone is as well as they can be.

Touch base really soon!   :)

Hugs & Purrs to everyone

Sxxx

Link to CatChat