Author Topic: Got another homecheck to do for a couple of my babes!!  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Got another homecheck to do for a couple of my babes!!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 14:53:06 PM »
Well if Clyde's not happy can i go instead lol....he cant be as stressed out as he is acting or else the chicken would not of tempted him....hmmm like most men the way to his heart is obviously through his belly  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 03:12:55 AM »
A quick update........Clyde is still not sure about his new home and still seems very nervous.  He is still hissing and I think he will take some time to settle.  Boston seems to be taking it in his stride and seems a lot more settled.  Their new mum and dad think they are both utterly gorgeous and are prepared to give them the time they need, hopefully they will both settle down pretty soon.  Here's a couple of pics of the view from their new home........I'm sure when they get out there, they'll love it  ;)  When I go over again, I'll take some more piccies, my batteries were very low when I went last time so could only take two  :sneaky:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 19:26:34 PM »
I spent a couple of hours with Clyde and Boston this afternoon and I'm sure they're going to be fine.  Clyde was stressed out but it's to be expected really.  Cheryl has bought a feliway diffuser and also treated them to a cooked chicken  :Luv:  As soon as she put the chicken down, Clyde came running out like a rocket and wolfed it all down  :rofl:  She said he's been spending his time hiding but they both really perked up when I arrived and I suppose Clyde having the chicken as well, was a bonus for him.  Cheryl and Nick are fab people and they really want to do everything right and don't want Boston and Clyde to be unhappy or upset by anything they do.  I couldn't have wished for a better home, I'm over the moon for them.  I'm going to pop over again next week to see how they're getting on but I think I will see a big improvement.  I took them some Rescue Remedy and some Catnip over as well so hopefully this will help.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
I'd take some G & T over also ..... sounds like you'll need it after the week you've had lol  ;D

I think I'm going to end up on the Valium after this week  :evillaugh:

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »
cstatic  :)  I'm going to take some RR over and some catnip  ;)

I'd take some G & T over also ..... sounds like you'll need it after the week you've had lol  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »
Clyde has been hissing and Boston sprayed yesterday and hissed  :tired:  I'm going over shortly to see them.  Cheryl doesn't mind in the slightest but she worried as they seem unhappy, I'm sure it's just a few teething problems with them and when they realise what they've got through those doors, they'll be ecstatic  :)  I'm going to take some RR over and some catnip  ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 07:52:34 AM »
Am glad it is a perfect home for them, and would be wonderful if they would take more.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 01:15:03 AM »
well done Dawn thats fantastic . You are very successful at this . ;D How do people find you ?  do they get referred from local cat protection /PDSA ? Vets or from on Purrs /Cat Chat

I get quite a lot off my CC Rehoming Page but a lot of my feral homes come via the vets, and word of mouth as well.

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 19:29:34 PM »
well done Dawn thats fantastic . You are very successful at this . ;D How do people find you ?  do they get referred from local cat protection /PDSA ? Vets or from on Purrs /Cat Chat

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 16:39:33 PM »
 :Luv: DD I have such admiration for you and all the hard work you do you are truly an angel, 

keep up the good work and I hope you get a minute to yourself soon
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 16:10:25 PM »
The new place for Clyde and Boston sounds perfect (any room for me too?!)

Sadly no, they are saving the room for Tiger and Co, for when Boston and Clyde settle in   :evillaugh:  It's great when you find the perfect home, I did shed a little tear driving up there........it is just soooooo perfect for them.  They also have a stream running through some of the land, plenty of barns to explore, just so much for them to do really.  The only thing I'm worried about is once they get outside, they won't want to go indoors again  :shify:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 16:06:28 PM »
thats great news dawn and the boys will love their new home in time.

it does sound absolutely perfect :)

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 16:05:58 PM »
What great news Dawn, The new place for Clyde and Boston sounds perfect (any room for me too?!)

Must be so rewarding when you find a perfect home for the perfect cats like this?  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 16:01:55 PM »
I took Boston and Clyde to their new home yesterday and what a fabulous place, and their new mummy and daddy are lovely  :Luv:  :Luv:  The sights are breathtaking, just fields and fields, sheep and more sheep, pheasants.......you name it, it's just a cats paradise  :yesss:  :yesss:

Cheryls organised their own little room with some hidey places, toys, and beds etc until they settle in.  She phoned this morning worrying about Clyde as he'd had a couple of hisses at her.  Boston has allowed her to stroke him and she even got a purr this morning  :Luv:  :Luv:  They've both eaten a little and I'm sure in time Clyde will realise what a wonderful life he is going to have.  I hated leaving them but only because I'll miss the pair of them but I would be cruel to deprive them of this wonderful home.  I had to go up a long dirt track to get to it and there are no roads in sight........just perfect  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 20:51:22 PM »
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Fingers crossed, Tiger!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 19:23:33 PM »
With everything that's gone on with the Manchester cats, these guys are still here.  Cheryl is absolutely lovely and has said as long as I get some rest, she really doesn't mind when they go.  I was hoping tonight but Boston knows and will not come out from his hiding place  :tired:  I've just had a long chat with her and she said as soon as Boston and Clyde settle in, they do want some outdoor kitties as well  :yesss: I felt like crying when she said this as it means Tiger can then join his pals, and hopefully Annie and Daphne (Boston's Mum), I'm getting really excited for them now......it sounds fab and I'm sure they will have a wonderful life  :Luv:  :Luv: 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 15:20:53 PM »
It is a shame hubby won't have 3 as they all get on - I'd give another hint when you go that he'll miss them  :sneaky:

I'll be doing my best tomorrow  ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »
It is a shame hubby won't have 3 as they all get on - I'd give another hint when you go that he'll miss them  :sneaky:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 07:40:56 AM »
Aww, fingers crosse for them - shame hubby wont have 3, but at least it is a good home for 2 of them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 00:12:34 AM »
Here's a couple of pics of these gorgeous, scrummy babes  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 00:02:56 AM »
I spoke to Cheryl this morning and sadly hubby will only go for 2 babes  :sigh:  I'm a bit gutted for Tiger as him and Boston get on really well but he also gets on with all my other cats so he should be okay.  I'm hoping once they realise what gorgeous boys Boston and Clyde are, they may be tempted to add to their family  ;)  I'll be going over on Thursday with both cats and to do the homecheck, I'm not worried as it sounds absolutely perfect for them.  Cheryl has been out and bought lots of toys, 2 beds and a large scratch post for them to keep them entertained whilst they're settling in.  She also bought lots of dangly toys.........Boston absolutely loves them but does demolish them within minutes  :evillaugh:  I will let you know how things go, but I got a horrible feeling I'm going to make a fool of myself when I leave these 2 behind, but I have to think of these guys and Cheryl will be able to provide them with the freedom they both want, whereas I can't   :sad no:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »
I do hope it works out and 3 furry bundles would be perfect for them and no arguements as there is 3 causing the chaos 
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 08:37:42 AM »
 :Luv:

What a wonderful sounding home!

:yayyy: :yayyy:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 08:01:17 AM »
Best of luck & fingers crossed for them all xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »
Fingers crossed for them all.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Got another homecheck to do for a couple of my babes!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 01:33:19 AM »
Had a lady phoned up earlier and sounds the perfect "meowmy" for a couple of my babes.  I can't believe it but I've mentioned Clyde and Boston to her  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  They weren't really for rehoming but talking to her, she is just perfect for them  :Luv:  Her and her partner have moved right out in the middle of the countryside, an old farmhouse with plenty of land, no people and you've got to get to it via a dirt lane.........perfect home for a couple of semi feral babes I thought  :)  Call it madness but I've mentioned Tiger as well, but for him to go with the other two, not on his own.  They're is someone home 24/7 apart from one day a week when they may both be out all day.....I'm sure this won't be a problem for any of them.  Clyde got out a few weeks ago, and since then he's mithered at the back door constantly  :sneaky: and is always wanting out.  He would love to have access both in and out and although Boston doesn't mither, he is full of mischief and has escaped on occasion and I hate to say it, but he does love the outdoors.  I can't provide them with that here 24/7 without spending my life on pins in case anything happens and it would be a shame to deprive them on what seems the perfect home just cos I love them to bits, and want to keep them  :sad no:  I've never mentioned Boston to anyone for rehoming and Clyde was rehomed as a baby but turned into Satan cos he was so frightened but you just know when that special someone comes along to give them the life you want for them.  I'll be doing the homecheck next Thursday or Friday as both Cheryl and her OH will be there so I will let you know the outcome, fingers crossed, they'll opt for the 3  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 01:34:41 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat