Author Topic: Appeal for home/rescue space for two males - canterbury  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Appeal for home/rescue space for two males - canterbury
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 13:02:31 PM »
Great that she is keeping them - Sometimes people need some guidance. Hopefully she will go for an economical but quality food  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »
Beth, that sounds like good news

helping people keep their cats has to be better than taking them in and trying to rehome them, for owners, rescues and cats

I think so too, :) she really does love them, and doesn't actually have any problems with them apart from affording the stuff for them. I've given her lots of links for cheap but good treatments and food and i think she's taking my advice. ;D

Mark, thanks for that, i'll forward it on to her now. ;) :thanks:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 11:56:54 AM »
Beth, that sounds like good news

helping people keep their cats has to be better than taking them in and trying to rehome them, for owners, rescues and cats
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
She will need to speak to Sally who deals with the vouchers. Not sure how it works but I'm pretty sure Sally finds out the nearest vet to them that we deal with and send the voucher/s to the vet so they just pay the difference (or nothing depending on the voucher).

Here's the link to the neutering page http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=EX5 (recognize the cat on the homepage?  :shify: )

So if she leaves a message with a contact number (hopefully a landline!!!!!) Sally will phone her back.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:42:33 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:05 AM »
they sound sweet, but two entire males, a year old :shocked:

I wonder what the circumstances are which forces her to part with them :sneaky:

apparently they've not got any usual entire male problems, but she's struggling financially... anyway, i think she's decided to try and find the money to get them flead, wormed, (why i suspect they've lost weight :sick:) and snipped and keep them... will update as and when i know more. :innocent:

Mark, if you'd be able to give me contact details for any vouchers she may be able to get help with i can pass them on to her to encourage her to get them done ASAP. ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
Does Sharon know about this? - I'm sure they could go on our list but it they would need to be neutered first. Probably best to sort out vouchers and get the people to have them neutered so their hormones (and smells  :evillaugh: ) have a chance to settle before they come in.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 11:02:22 AM »
they sound sweet, but two entire males, a year old :shocked:

I wonder what the circumstances are which forces her to part with them :sneaky:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
poor things, they sound very sweet

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
Appeal for home/rescue space for two males - canterbury
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 19:56:46 PM »
"They was born on the 4th of june 2008 , we got them about late July. Both males. Peanut can be a bit of a bully when it comes to food and you have to watch he doesn't push Panda out the way. I have to admit they seem to have lost a bit of weight recently , maybe its the heat i don't know but they do get fed plenty. A mix of tin and biscuits, biscuits are always in their bowl during the day. They cant have tins that have gravy in them , it has to be jelly as gravy gives them a funny tummy. They are lap cats , both of them. In the evening they will both sit try and sit on your lap at the same time They never ever have hurt my toddler on purpose or by accident. They play fight but they have never had a proper fight. Peanut is terrified on balloons , he hides away shaking until they are gone.

I need them to go together , to separate them i really think would be cruel as they love each other so much. As i type they are cuddled up on the sofa together fast asleep. Peanut also has a thing for eating plastic so you have to be careful with that."

Both entire males, one black and white, one ginger and white, if anyone can help their owner will be most grateful, she's really upset to be having to re-home them, but due to circumstances and finances they do need a new home. Pics to come ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 19:57:34 PM by Beth »

Link to CatChat