Author Topic: freeads - causing trouble!  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: freeads - causing trouble!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 13:05:43 PM »
Angie, maybe you should take this person up on their offer of disclosing their address to you.  I'm sure the taxman would be interested to know about their presumably undeclared income  :sneaky:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »
I hate seeing them too, especially when they are charging £50 upwards for a moggie  :shocked:

I have just landed myself with a pregnant cat from a free ad, nice one  :tired: but Im glad I got her as I couldnt bear the thought of her going anywhere else  :scared: and I will not be charging anything for the kittens, if I did it would be to make sure they are getting the righ home and the donation will be going to cat rescue. I will also be taking any kittens to their new homes just to be sure  :)

Cats are like kids to me, they need love and respect and a home for life!

I have too complained to ad trader about this and got told they would be adding some guidelines...yet to see  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »
unfortunately I've tried that already with a couple of them and either got no response or they allow the ads and can't see why it is a problem... in their eyes while it is allowed in that category they won't stop them posting!    Yet when I've put up ads to encourage people or at least make them aware of why to avoid them... my ads have been removed or rejected!!!!!   rediculous!

if enough people complain they may just get sick of all the mail

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
I would suggest collecting the ads over a period of time as evidence, and then try to get the local paper to name and shame
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
unfortunately I've tried that already with a couple of them and either got no response or they allow the ads and can't see why it is a problem... in their eyes while it is allowed in that category they won't stop them posting!    Yet when I've put up ads to encourage people or at least make them aware of why to avoid them... my ads have been removed or rejected!!!!!   rediculous!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »
report the ads to the free site. lets all start kicking up a fuss!

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »
to be honest I'm sick to death of seeing kittens on the freead sites .... certainly round here... it is the same people posting time and time again over the year.... in fact I contacted 1 person a few weeks ago... who eventually admitted to being a Moggy Cat Breeder!!!!!   but who didn't state this on any of their ads or initial emails.  It was only when I suggested that I hoped mum cat would be spayed to prevent her having any more that they returned with this information and their 'disgust' at even mentioning such a thing considering they had been breeding moggies for 8 years!!!!

I was furious.... and the fact that they were so indignant and couldn't see why it would be an issue considering the numbers of cats both moggy and pedigree in rescue every year and whilst they may believe that they are putting these kittens into good homes what kind of message does it send??  yes it is OK to breed from your cats to make a buck or two.   >:(

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
freeads - causing trouble!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:24 AM »
Hi,

i've started reporting ads on the free sites hoping someone will get fed up and maybe stop doing them.
Browsing through birmingham site , I see someone else has also been making some trouble - fantastic!

had to laugh at the following 'ad' on there -..... in fact I've had to post!

AS I SAID MANY TIMES, YOUR WELCOME TO VIEW MY HOUSE, IM NOT A BREEDER, LOTS OF PLP END UP WITH KITTENS, ITS NOT THE CAT OWNERS FAULT, IM NOT RUNNING A KITTEN FARM, THE PERSON, ON HERE WHO SAYS, WERE BREEDERD BECOUSE MY FAMILLY HAS 2 CATS, IS JUST AFTER ATTENTION, AS WHY DOES, HE/SHE NOT RESPONSE TO ME, WHEN I ASK, THE PERSON , TO COME DOWN AND SEE THAT IM NOT A BREEDER, VIEW MY HOUSE, AS FOR THE RSPCA THREATING, I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, THERE INVESTIGATION WILL SHOW THAT IM NOT A BREEDER BUT A INNOCENT PERSON, IM JUST LIKE EVERY OTHERE PERSON ON HERE TRYING TO GET MY KITTENS TO LOVING HOMES, BUT PLP LIKE THIS PERSON, ARE CRAVING FOR ATTENTION, IF ANY ONE THINKS IM A BREEDER THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME, FACE TO FACE, AS I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, I DO REPEAT THE ADDS BUT THEY ARE THE SAME KITTENS, IF THIS PERSON PAID MORE ATTENTION , HAVE A NICE DAY

Link to CatChat