Author Topic: Braindead or heartless - you decide?  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Braindead or heartless - you decide?
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 08:57:30 AM »
People like the owners of Milly are our best hope now as they live about 30 yards from the vet where Jet (allegedly) went missing.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 22:53:42 PM »
Sadly jet hasnt not been found despite a few leads.. We have now had to move on... but posters are still out there you just never know.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 20:39:09 PM »
And people wonder why I prefer cats!  :censored:
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 18:08:05 PM »
That's terrible. I hope 'she' is found soon.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 14:25:58 PM »
Just plain stupid  :Crazy: Hope she can be found safe!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »
Stupid, braindead and heartless  :Crazy:

Hope Jet is found quickly and gets the treatment s/he needs.

Poor little puppy dog.  4 weeks old and not with his mum.  Hope he's ok too.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
Poor little pup. :( Hope it's OK.

I think people are, in the main just thoughtless. Not sure if that makes it better or worse, though.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »
 :Crazy: "did her best" !!!!!!!!!  :Crazy: Did she not think when she phoned the vets to maybe tell them that the poor kitty was due to come in on the Friday but was looking poorly ?????? Some people are just mad. I think the reason she dumped her was for her on guilty conscience. I hope she gets whats coming to her.  >:(

Fingers crossed Jet is found soon  :hug:

I think plain stupid really.

I do despair - however much you try to educate the public nothing seems to get through sometimes.

While at the vet yesterday, a lady came in with a pup she had bought via the internet in Birmingham.
The pup was the size of a 12 week old kitten and was supposed to be a pedigree boxer. She'd paid £200 , was told he was 6 weeks old. The parents were not there to be seen. She took it to the vet 'cos it had been crying most of the night.. The vet said it was more like 4 weeks old.

(no papers of course......)

4 weeks old Angie!!!!  :censored: Will/can anything be done about those so called breeders? Oh what is this world coming to  :scared:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »
I think plain stupid really.

I do despair - however much you try to educate the public nothing seems to get through sometimes.

While at the vet yesterday, a lady came in with a pup she had bought via the internet in birmingham.
The pup was the size of a 12 week old kitten and was supposed to be a pedigree boxer. She'd paid £200 , was told he was 6 weeks old. The parents were not there to be seen. She took it to the vet 'cos it had been crying most of the night.. The vet said it was more like 4 weeks old.

(no papers of course......)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 23:11:17 PM »
but your comment about things happening behind the scenes makes me think perhaps I'm allowing her too much leeway? 
Not sure what is happening but I think it is being looked into whether she can be prosecuted for abandonment. The main thing is the cat ATM though - poor baby  :(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:26:23 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 22:39:54 PM »
I would agree totally heartless, to dump an injured ill cat defies discription :censored: i do hope this little one can be found and helped before its to late :(
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 22:39:09 PM »
I just hope the poor thing is found  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 22:27:34 PM »
Heartless is what i think - really hope she gets her comeuppance and soon - :censored: :censored: :censored:

me too.  what a nasty  :censored:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 20:20:26 PM »
Heartless is what i think - really hope she gets her comeuppance and soon - :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 20:17:17 PM »
I would be useless at keeping my tongue zipped in situations like this which would work against the interests of the cats concerned I know. 

In answer to your specific question Mark, my head says brain dead but my heart says heartless. Thing is, if she were completely heartless, she wouldn't have bothered doing anything at all? but your comment about things happening behind the scenes makes me think perhaps I'm allowing her too much leeway? 

Very much hope your efforts are rewarded by finding the cat but damaged face and hind legs doesn't sound hopeful  :(

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 20:01:12 PM »
How sad, I hope someone finds her

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 19:53:19 PM »
Definitely try and get media help - poor cat.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 19:48:40 PM »
Poor baby  :( Could you maybe get the local paper to run an article, it might help find her.  Bit of a heartstring tugging story - old person dieing leaving beloved cat, cat injured and now lost in strange area type angle (rather than the stupidity of the neighbour  >:().

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Braindead or heartless - you decide?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 19:36:28 PM »
Last week, a woman had phoned the line (Julie dealt with it) and there was a case where an old lady had died and the neighbour said her cat was living as a stray in the garden. The cat was put on the list to come in ASAP. She was contacted on Wednesday to say that the cat could be taken to the vet on Friday as there was a space. She said she had left the cat outside the vets the night before (after closing time) in a cardboard box marked "Stray Cat" Pudding spoke to the vet so they went to have a look. They found the box but the cat was gone  >:( - Pudding phoned her to ask why she put the cat at risk when it was so close to coming in. She said it had got ill over the last week and its back legs were going. Also its face was injured as if it had been hit in the face. She claimed that she had phoned the vet and was told "We don't take strays" so that is why she dumped it.  >:( = She started getting all defensive saying she did her best and wouldn't be guilt tripped as she was having a baby in a weeks time etc. So we have an elderly (at least 12) sick, injured cat in a strange area because some stupid/heartless idiot wanted rid - the poor cat was living outside anyway  :Crazy:  >:(
Things are happening behind the scenes and I hope she gets her comeuppance  >:(

I was out yesterday looking in the overgrown walkways they have here and again at 7am but no luck. It is the area where the people that own Milly live (the missing cat in the news last year due to our scum council them take the posters down) - I have spoken to Milly's owners who are also helping to look for her. Gillian, one of our welfare people is printing leaflets to post in the area and Julie is trying to get a media appeal going.

I hope Karma works on this woman!  >:(

btw - the cat is called Jet = black "Probably" female.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:35:30 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat