Author Topic: short term home needed  (Read 9053 times)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Re: short term home needed
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 21:17:30 PM »
Depending where you are in Surrey, we may be able to help. We home very quickly and use many indoor fosterers where the cat is in a home environment while it's waiting for a home. Either that or in a large, luxury, heated pen with an experienced fosterer who devotes lots of time and attention. We also home really rather quickly so the cat could be with a loving family in no time at all.
I don't deal with bringing the cats in as I am in charge of homing but if you could consider handing the cat over to have it's chance at a lovely, forever home then please call 0845 371 2739 and leave a message in mailbox 3. Our welfare co-ordinator will call within 24 hours. EVen if you're out of our area we may still be able to help as you are Surrey based. Please look at our website eastsurreycats@yahoo.co.uk to see the good work we do.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 21:12:59 PM »
To be honest, unless you can provide a permanent home for the cat inside your house, it is fairer to rehome it via a local rescue. Living outside isn't really a good life for a cat even if you do really like it and provide it with food and shelter. I know it's hard but if you can't give it everything it needs then the kindest thing is to find someone who can. What part of Surrey are you in?

Offline jadedorothy

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 20:25:30 PM »
i dont know wether what sex it is and everything about it , as i said . it is a lost cat . however , it is very nices cat and i would keep it so my last choices would be resuce centre.... i am just looking for a short term home soo please help ..anyone?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 19:05:51 PM »
Is it a domestic cat? If so it may be better for the cat to be given to a rescue so it can have a chance at living in a home environment. Sadly a garden existance does take its toll on them over winter  :(

Rescues in your area: http://www.catchat.org/adoption/surrey.html

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 15:54:16 PM »
Could you let us know if this cat is male/female and if it has been neutered. Approx. how old? Anything else about it that might help someone decide if they would like to foster for a short while.

Offline jadedorothy

• Kitten
short term home needed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 15:14:20 PM »
hiya . i am request a nice ppl looking after a lost cat short term in midjune till begining of august .

i found this cat about a years ago . at the beginning it just stay around in my garden . but then after 2 days it remind in my garden and i found out it been unfeed . therefore i went out to a concer shop to get some cat food for it . at the same time i check all the miss cat notices and none been post about this cat. i also check it collar and found it was old and dirty . later on the cat been basiclly live in my garden . and i provide the cat the basic need including a shelter ,food and water.

it been an year now sinces i start feeding this cat and now i develop a great relationship with this cat. however , in july and august i must be aways to hong kong for 2 month and i am worry if this cat is unfeed and may be suffer from . i would really wish to keep this cat but i couldnt afford to send this cat to a cat boarding .all of my friends is also unable to look after this cat as they also have their own pet or they will be away .

i be thinking would if be possible to place it for a short amount of time . i would be happy to provide the cat food will be collect this cat home when i return from HK. i understand the problem but this is my only solution . ps i live in surrey

thank you for looking at this email and please reply ASAP .

Link to CatChat