Author Topic: Abbi's tale  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Abbi's tale
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »
Aw bless her! I love her bow tie across her nose!  :Luv:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 14:57:24 PM »
 :welcome: Brenda

I'm pleased to hear Abbi has finally surfaced, naughty little thing!
I think she looks adorable (I have a soft spot for b&w's). ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 19:57:16 PM »
Shes just oozes mischief, what wonderful eyes  :Luv2:
Great flour trick  :wow:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 19:13:48 PM »
Glad she is ok, what a sweet little face  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 18:21:47 PM »
Glad she's been 'captured' - what a clever idea about the flour! Hope she starts to relax in her new home soon  :Luv2:

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 18:17:47 PM »
Oh! Brenda that has made my day!  I am so pleased to hear that she is in a more suitable area!   :cheer:

I wonder if they will keep her  name I christened her with?  I am hopeless trying to think of new names.  :Crazy:
Coventry Cat Group

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »
My goodness what a strange story  :shocked: Glad she has now realised that her humans are not that bad  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
Abbi's tale
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:55:28 AM »
I'm a fosterer with Covcats and had been looking after Abbi since last October when she came to us with a nasty abcess on her head (hence her name!!). She had been living rough for a while, being fed by kind neighbours.  She's a nervous girl but very affectionate on a one to one basis.  Unfortunately that's not always possbile as I have 3 others and she was being bullied by my delinquent white cat Harvey.  Anyway, she went to new owners 2 weeks ago.  A lovely couple, experienced cat owners, and she would be the only pet.  Purrfect!.  I had a call a couple of days later, she had become scared, run behind a kitchen unit and found a hole the fitter had left which let her under the floorboards!  The enterprising, and very patient owners took up the carpet and floorboards in the hall and laid some flour.  They soon found that she was coming up to user her litter tray and feed, and then going back down.  Clever girl!  We lent them a couple of cat traps, but she was so canny she put her dainty paw through from the outside and yanked the food out that way!  I heard on Friday that she has at last been caught 'upstairs' and is now in a bedroom and deigning to be stroked by humans.  All bodes well for a happy life for all three of them.

Link to CatChat