Author Topic: Bruno (Maine Coon) needs a home - Greater Manchester  (Read 3394 times)

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Bruno (Maine Coon) needs a home - Greater Manchester
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 07:35:14 AM »
Actually, it might not Carol, we are getting a lot of calls from people who want adults rather than kittens - I have homed 2 adults and a kitten in the past fortnight, the two boys are reserved and going this week, and our mum cat is reserved even though she isn't ready for another 3-4 weeks, the kittens haven't even all been reserved yet. The last pedigree I had ended up going to a pedigree rescue after 8 months as we hadn't had any interest and he wasn't happy here
Please spay your cat

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 18:37:49 PM »
Its great that he will have a super new home soon and well done to the people  who want him (all of them) for going for a rescue rather than a breeder.  BUT, I find it quite sad that had he been a moggy things would probably have been very different.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »
Well, the Maine Coon rescue has had 4 people interested, I am just waiting for a telephone number for the closest one, and fingers crossed, it does sound good, they have a 1acre garden and someone there 24/7, I dont think he could cope with being indoor only, he stares out of the window too much, and it turns out he could have been a stray for around a month, so I think he has had too much taste of the outside. There were even people in Bristol willing to travel for him!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:21 AM »
What a handsome boy....even with his designer coat lol!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »
Awww. He's got a poodle cut.

I wish I could have another cat as I'd have him in a heartbeat.

:hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 08:46:10 AM »
 :Luv: he's wonderful!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 07:42:56 AM »
He doesn't look much like a Maine Coon at the moment, bless him, as he was very matted so has lots of bald patches, including a pretty much bald tail. He has a massive head though, it must be nearly as big as my hand!! Vet reckons about 5-6yo, and I am in contact with a Maine Coon rescue who are going to put out his details to see if anyone is interested, she thinks there is a good chance someone will be, and hopefully he will be in a new home next week, he is going to need a lot of work to get his coat right, but I dont know enough about the breed. He has a massive appetite and adores catnip. I can really see why people love this breed, he is fab, soo affectionate.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 22:08:58 PM »
What a shame they can't trace the chip  :( Look forward to hearing more about him when he's settled in  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 21:47:26 PM »
awww, can't wait to see pics of this cutie.

Me too.
Do you know how old he is?

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 21:11:16 PM »
awww, can't wait to see pics of this cutie.

hope the op goes well.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »
Oo this one sounds lovely Des.....Sounds like he has travelled a long way from home and what a shame they have no way of contacting them!  :(

Positive rehoming vibes for this Big fluffy man.....hope he is well after his op!  :Luv: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Bruno (Maine Coon) needs a home - Greater Manchester
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »
Bit of an unusual story behind this one - he turned up as a stray at a factory, they fed him for 10 days while seeing if an owner came forward, and then took him to my vets to be checked over - he turned out to be an entire male Maine Coon, vet thinks around 5-6yo. He is microchipped, but it is registered to a Belgium company who the vet can't get hold of, she has spoken to local vets and somewhere in Yorkshire that has an involvment with Maine Coons. RCVS's advice was to advertise for a week and then she is free to castrate and rehome - it is the end of the week now and no-one has come forward for him, so he should be being castrated today and coming to me tonight, as the local RSPCA is full. I haven't met him yet, but the vet tells me he is a large brown tabby (But might still be underweight), he has had to have some parts shaved due to being matted. I have found a local Maine Coon rescue in the area but can't contact them till tonight, and I Do know a pedigree rescue on the Wirral, but it would be nice to rehome him without travelling too far, as I dont know if he is a good traveller or not. If anyone is interested, please contact me desley at onetel.com. I will have pictures tonight.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat