Author Topic: web hosting for charities?  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: web hosting for charities?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 14:52:19 PM »
Hi Angie,

I have server space as part of my self employed work that I do evenings and wkends. I had been considering some kind of rescue hosting for Purr's rescues so now is probably as good a time as any to start.

I'm a web designer so I'm sure I can help sort out a Content Management System if you need a new one, but in theory you should just be able to transfer over the one you are using at the moment, I guess this depends which one it is though. I don't suppose you could find out from your current host? I know a couple of good free ones if needed.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
The Guy that hosts our website has phoned to say due to illness he can no longer provide the service so we have 3 - 6 months to find a new host.

So that is another of our members standing down.  Good jobs done for many years by all of them.  Don't worry Angie, I am still in!

Will talk to our computer expert when he wakes up.
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 17:55:01 PM »
Will PM you Angie!

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
web hosting for charities?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 14:24:28 PM »
The Guy that hosts our website has phoned to say due to illness he can no longer provide the service so we have 3 - 6 months to find a new host.
Do any of you rescues (or non rescues!) know of a good host that does not cost anything (or much at any rate).

Currently the website is built using some data management package that means we do not need to worry about HTML and new pages are simply created by adding sections using numbers. So any known providers that have some easy form of page builder would also be good!

Link to CatChat