Author Topic: Now the phone calls have started  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Re: Now the phone calls have started
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 23:09:52 PM »
Good luck Dawn - if you need any help please shout
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 17:56:07 PM »
Some people are just to sick for words, to put the little ones in a tin with the lid closed is unbelievable >:( i hope they get stuck in a lift and the air runs out for them :censored:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 16:28:51 PM »
A Quality Street tin? People are.....I'm not allowed to put it! *Exhales deeply.*

Hope the little ones make it.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 16:05:55 PM »
Oh god Angie, some people are just so sick  :censored:  :censored:  Hopefully the guy will realise it's not easy handrearing and will hand them over and at least they are in with a chance  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 16:03:20 PM »
I had a call from a young guy who was out for a walk and heard some noises. It turned out to be 3 4-week ish old kittens in a closed quality street tin in a bush. He and his friends have taken them on and they were phoning for advice. I just hope he manages to do a half decent job with them -  i did offer to help.....

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:31:29 AM »
The scary thing is these people will do that or even worse  >:(

People are just horrible and yes I feel bad but I can't save them all and with the emotional crap, I really don't need it, I have enough problems of my own I need to sort  :tired:  I've still got a houseful as I've still got to get the stable cats sorted, I've got 2 caged for going up there and 3 have already gone, I've got another 5 to sort but don't want to leave them in cages too long whilst waiting to fit it in with Margaret as they get too stressed, and the Brighton 7 will now be going over the end of this week  :shy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
The scary thing is these people will do that or even worse  >:( - still emotional blackmail and passing their problems onto others without a thought.

Dawn  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:06 AM »
why is it they always resort to emotional blackmail when they don't get things their way!!! 

Because they are a***holes  :sneaky:  I just responded by saying that a vet won't put a healthy animal to sleep but yes I do worry about what he will do with them  :'(  I've also told him to email me details and I'll ask around for him, god I hate this time of year  :tired:  I had a guy on the  phone last night about a stray that's been trying to get in his house, she's been crying etc and he wouldn't feed her for fear of encouraging her.  I've asked him to put food out and I'll try and get her in somewhere, I'm a little worried as he said she is predominantly white but her ears look burnt, I'll have to go and check her to see if she needs the vets and I did feel bad about her last night as it was p***ing it down  :(  Also got a feral to sort that has given birth in a plant pot in someones garden  :tired:  Apparently there are loads of others round there that need spaying/neutering so I'll do what I can and then I'm changing my number  ;)  Not really but at this rate I'm never going to get sorted  :tired:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »
 :hug: What a charming man, trying to guilt trip you. You can only do so much, Dawn.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:44 AM »
why is it they always resort to emotional blackmail when they don't get things their way!!! 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Now the phone calls have started
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
Had 3 calls in two days about stray cats, god knows how many from people who want to get rid and just had one from a guy whose mother has approximately 5, she's elderly and ill and the cats aren't being let out etc etc, I gave him some numbers for other rescues that may be able to help explaining that I am still chocca which I am, his response was if he can't get anywhere, they will have to go to the vets for the needle  :censored:

Link to CatChat