Author Topic: PHONE CALL WANTING 2 CATS.  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: PHONE CALL WANTING 2 CATS.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »
but they told us the scrambled eggs comes frozen and they just carve off a slice

Years ago possibly in the 70's you could buy boiled eggs like that. The frozen packs were  about 1' long.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
Ela, did this person work for Asda? 

Too posh for that, in her eyes anyway.  ;D She was a solicitors PA.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Ela, did this person work for Asda?  :sneaky:

We once ordered a breakfast in Asda cafe. We were told we couldn't have a fried egg as they had run out and the superviser wasn't there to go and fetch some from  the shop floor.  :-: They then told us we could have scrambled eggs instead.  :shocked: We reminded them they didn't have any eggs but they told us the scrambled eggs comes frozen and they just carve off a slice and microwave it.  :sick: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 19:37:21 PM »
This call reminded me about the time when the bread strikes were on, we were in a pub and a lady asked for a sandwich, the bar person said I am sorry we have no bread, so the customer replied well can I have a toastie then. When the bar person replied a little more loudly (but not aggressively) we have no bread, the customer stormed out of the pub moaning and I am sure still did not understand.

:evillaugh: :rofl:
thick as 2 short planks  :tired:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 15:35:02 PM »
It must be a pain getting those sort of calls  :tired:

I hope the chap doesn't go elsewhere and get a cat!  :(

Im sure he will!  >:(

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 09:19:34 AM »
It must be a pain getting those sort of calls  :tired:

I hope the chap doesn't go elsewhere and get a cat!  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
PHONE CALL WANTING 2 CATS.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:32:50 AM »
The caller asked for 2 adult cats  and  lives on a road where we know cats are constantly involved in RTA’S and an area where numerous cats go missing, in fact it is the area where I wrote about, 'it's alright as it is  the other leg this time after a cat had a broken leg after it was involved in a RTA for the second time.

Anyway I asked if it was an indoor  or indoor/outdoor cats he was looking for. (Even though I know we would only home indoor I always ask as if I said we only home indoor in your area immediately the caller may tell me what I want to here and not what they really think). He said I want them to go out as they have to go to the toilet doesn't they? (Wrong answer and I could not be bothered to explain that all cats need a litter tray provided at all times as I could tell the information would go in one ear and out of the other). I explained that in his area we consider it far too dangerous to home cats to go out and the reasons, he then replied well have you any kittens then. I really wanted to say that kittens soon grow up to be cats, but just said as sweetly as I could said that our position re homing is the same for kittens as it is cats.

This call reminded me about the time when the bread strikes were on, we were in a pub and a lady asked for a sandwich, the bar person said I am sorry we have no bread, so the customer replied well can I have a toastie then. When the bar person replied a little more loudly (but not aggressively) we have no bread, the customer stormed out of the pub moaning and I am sure still did not understand.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:35:13 AM by Ela »

Link to CatChat