Author Topic: Call on line - kittens wanted because........  (Read 1998 times)

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
Re: Call on line - kittens wanted because........
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 19:53:11 PM »
I don't know what I'd do in that position!!! If a neighbours cat was unneutered I think I might even be tempted to accidentally take them to the vets!!!!  :shy: That sounds terrible doesn't it!!!! I think I'm probably just an interfeering busy body!  :rofl:

I remember a few years ago there was a big story, (front page and everything!) with our local newspaper, about several cats on a local council estate who mysteriously got neutered. Resulting in several 'very angry!!!'(????) owners. They were so mad about their cat being neutered  :shocked: Cue photo of council estate Mum, hands on hips with mean stare quoting, "If I ever get my 'ands on who did dis' to my cat.....!" But no cats in photo's...???? Probably got rid of them for another money making machine.   >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 13:08:41 PM »
The problem is that if she does not get a female from you then she will either lie to the next rescue she contacts or obtain one from the free ads.
There aren't any other rescues here - if she wanted breeders, she will have to pay for them. Hopefully Sharon knocked some sense into her. She won't be getting anything from CP  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 21:48:32 PM »
The problem is that if she does not get a female from you then she will either lie to the next rescue she contacts or obtain one from the free ads.

What on earth is wrong with some people, you know what has sparked this off, being the beginning of the kitten season they have seen the ads for kittens being sold from street matings at 60-100 each. What they do not see is the reality of a Tom hanging around, the reality of queening and the reality of what happens when this years cuddly kittens are next years rescues. Grrrr!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 18:03:35 PM »
I just found out the next door neighbour has an full tom...!! Neighbour suggested get a female and maybe kittens!! Oh my...!! You can imagine my response to this.. Told her that her neighbour isnt doing her any favours (FIV, FELV) and does she want a full tom in her house (he sometimes comes indoors and sleeps on her bed)...!!

Told her to go away and think about it!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Call on line - kittens wanted because........
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 17:14:24 PM »
The other cats in the area are young and she wants them to fit in  :-: :Crazy:

Sharon is going to speak to this one - just so many things wrong with this call  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 17:14:40 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat