Author Topic: Can anyone help ?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Can anyone help ?
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 18:54:31 PM »
I hate it too -  >:(breeders pushing kittens on to people who would be quite happy to take an older moggie

it isn't just the encouraging of breeding either - it also has the effect of making inexperienced people, many of them very young from their posts, think far too much about kittens, and not enough about cats
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 18:36:01 PM »
Im not signing up as that forum drives me mad, far too much breeding going on for me. So if you please post that a nursing queen can be spayed, they continue producing milk whilst its in demand spayed or not. Many ferals are TNRd this way in spain etc, its not ideal but something to think about.
Once kittens are eating some solids and able to lap they could cope without mum for a few hours

The fleas wont just belong to him, the older cat will carry them in, and so can the owner!

I feel so sorry for this tom being blamed for everything that any responsible owner should be doing - regular flea treatments and neutering before first heat  :tired:

Oh bless you how awful, I would make out to the RSPCA that he is agressive and a threat to both people and other cats, maybe they will come and get him

:rofl: made me laugh  :thanks:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:30 AM »
Perhaps you will care to take a copy of the 'why neuter' page on my site and pass it on.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 07:37:51 AM »
I feel sorry for the poor little cat :( it really is irrisposible of this woman to not have her spayed and to let her have another litter while nursing one lot is absolutely disgusting , she should never be allowed to keep a cat, she says she loves animals but if thats the case why not spey >:(
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 14:27:59 PM »
There are more reason's than pregnancy to spay a cat.... :scared:

Even if the tom was caught and neutered what is stopping another tom catching her scent and coming again....they can travel for miles!  :scared:

Definitely the cat needs done.... :Crazy: >:(

Sounds like another case of.... :brick:

ps...My sister's cat was spayed when the kittens were 7 wks old....once they are all weaned I cant see any reason not to do it then!  ;)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 14:44:34 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
I'm sorry, Daisymac. While I can sympathise that she may have thought it unnecessary to have her indoor cat speyed the first time she didn't learn her lesson and her cat is now pregnant again and she goes on to say 'I cannot bear the thought of another (third?) litter of kittens to re-home' and asks what she can do about it. The problem of the tom cat spreying and avoiding capture is one thing, but she can prevent her cat having another litter of kittens. I have no sympathy for her whatsoever and it makes me angry and upset when so many animals are needing homes that people like her are so irresponsible.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
she really needs to get her cat spayed that is what is attracting him

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Can anyone help ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »
I also belong to another cat forum where I have seen a post by a lady who is having awful problems with a Tom cat,  I really feel for her but dont know what to suggest,  I am sure you guys will be able to help her better than we can on the other forum: xxxx

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/37707-catching-feral-tom-cat.html

Link to CatChat