Author Topic: At this rate it will be Castor Oil and a hot curry!  (Read 3297 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: At this rate it will be Castor Oil and a hot curry!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »
awww  great news. hope that mum and babies continue to thrive! :hug:  and belated many happy returns to OH.

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:19 AM »
Awwww, congrats, hope Mum and babies are all fine  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »
Congrats
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 20:10:16 PM »
Congratulations, i hope the whole family are well  ;D
I always leave bedding in, amazing how clean they are  :wow: like to think it helps the kittens know where they are by smell being blind  :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 14:16:51 PM »
Well done to all involved!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 13:48:57 PM »
Congratulations to you and mummy puss and Happy Birthday to OH. :hug: :hug:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 13:04:14 PM »
Three so far, 1 black and white, 2 black. The third one looks like a tiny little dot, so may be the runt of the litter.

Mum very tetchy now and will not let me check over the little ones or her or let me try and get some dry bedding in. Popped the fan heater on to keep the little ones warm and popped in a dry towel in the hope she may scoop it up for a nest.

Will try and get to change to bedding in a couple of hours if she will let me.

She is tucked away right at the back of the kittening box, so may be struggling for piccies at the moment.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
Great News! more baby pics on the i think :wow:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 12:15:45 PM »
congrats - beat me to it!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
Just had first baby and that took her 45 minutes of bearing down and 10 minutes of baby in the birth canal, ran downstairs to call the vet and ask for advice and heard this awful screaming. Ran back up with phone in one hand and car keys in the other to find she had delivered!  :Crazy: She has cleaned him up, but no idea what to do with the placenta and cord, so I have torn the cord for her and she is now happily nursing him.

I know that there is at least one more in there, so as she seems happy at the moment, I am taking this chance to get a cuppa! I think I am getting too old for this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »
 :hug: :hug: Hope all goes well for her.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
Well, little ones are on the way. Mum knocked me over this morning for brekkie and I thought that it would not be today then. She scoffed and has now decided to go into the box and there is a lot of frantic licking of the back end with some fluid on the bedding.

Not long now then.

OH's birthday as well today. My last foster cat produced on my birthday last year, so both of us have had extra special pressies!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Looks like we are both playing the waiting game then. Rosie does feel as if she has milk coming on on the hind teats, that has been there for a couple of days though. She has checked out two of the three nests that have been provided for her this afternoon, nothing special, just a quick pulling of the top layer, but it is a start I suppose.

Just had her second sachet of kitten food, she normally has devoured 3-4 sachets by now plus dry food as well, so ever hopeful that something may be happening.

John kept an eye on her this afternoon while I went to the hairdressers and he said that she keeps looking at her belly in surprise, so she may be feeling some pressure. A lot of time in the litter tray, but she has been doing this for the past week, so that means nothing at the moment apart from lack of room in there.

We are taking it in shifts at the moment so one of us is around, but after Monday she is by herself, one has a mortgage to pay and cat food to buy, so she does need to get a shift on.

I don't mind staying up till the wee hours, but only if there is something to show for it. Poor Ang, you must be  :tired:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:44:22 AM by dabs »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 14:33:22 PM »
Lol - I'm in the same boat here.
After being let down by Rugby CP, we went over to fetch a pregnant feral. She likes her belly rubbed but becomes hissy if you try to do anything else to her (like trying to show her that the litter tray should not be slept in and the nice fluffy blankets should not be peed on :Crazy:).

she cried all last night and only shuts up when I'm there rubbing her belly. I went to bed for a couple of hours late morning  :tired:

Belly big, nipples big, think she's dropped a bit and no movement from the kittens. Will wait till near the end of next week before trotting off to the vet as vet advice is once milked up you shoould not leave it more than 10 - 14 days.

Went with Judith to fetch two more girls on thursday, one's not far behind this one and the other a bit behind that. Oh hell!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
At this rate it will be Castor Oil and a hot curry!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:36:35 PM »
Rosie is a little stray that came in two weeks or so ago from someones garden, quite round in the belly and not with worms!

The owner of the house saw the local toms gathered around her between the 13th and 17th of Feb, so by my reckoning is now cooked and ready to deliver. No signs of anything at all, the babies have become very quiet over the last 24 hours and they moved round on Thursday so her belly has sunk, but that it is about it.

No nesting behaviour, no nothing. Nibbled at her brekkie this morning having spent the last two days pigging out, but that is about it.

I am back at work on Tuesday and looking at her dates, I know that I have till about Thursday of next week before I need to seek a vets advice, but I do wish she would get a shift on. I will be giving her a hot curry and taking her over speed bumps at this rate!  :evillaugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat