Author Topic: Meet Tyson - A little one that was not meant to be - RIP my little fighter  (Read 13931 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Meet Tyson - A little one that nearly was not meant to be
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 19:32:50 PM »
Apparently mummy cat is fine but owners do not want commitments of kitten (think that's why PDSA got them to sign him over, were worried that not too much would be done to make sure he survived).

He is a real fighter - is now in the small ICU, after a thorough cleaning and all new bedding etc.  Whilst cleaning and preparing it for him he made several escape attempts from his box.

At the moment I have very good feelings about this little chap, but it is very early days, so keeping everthing crossed and lots of  :wish: :wish: :wish: :wish: :wish:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 19:31:10 PM »
Bless him  :Luv:
Lots of positive vibes coming from this direction.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 18:14:04 PM »
Is Mummy cat OK?  And will little Tyson go back to her or is it too late/not practical ?
People Power Works!!!

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 18:10:49 PM »
awwwww  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 17:47:18 PM »
respect too to the PDSA for contacting you too - not sure some other rescue orgs would have bothered
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 17:26:44 PM »
He's amazingly strong for what he has been through.  The nurses said they couldn't get him to feed but as soon as I got him I gave him some special KittyStim that I have, and then he took a good 1.5ml of milk and had a snooze,  An hour later he is wiggling around, took another 1.5ml and did a nice pooh :).  His suckle reflex is good so, although very very very very early times for him, I am pleased at his responses.

But all good vibes for him are extremely welcome, thank you :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 17:25:58 PM »
 :omg: that's bought a tear to my eye, poor little thing.  Have absolutely everything crossed that he makes it  :Luv2:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 17:22:50 PM »
Poor little soul - Lots of good vibes and gentle  :hug: coming for little Tyson  :Luv2: 

I do so hope the little chap is OK  :Luv:
People Power Works!!!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Had a call from the PDSA this lunchtime.  A mum cat was spayed at 10am this morning.  Owner thought she was in early pregnancy but due to being in a car accident and having broken her pelvis when she was younger it was decided to spay her rather than risk her trying to give birth.  When carrying out op, discovered one kitten in womb, full term. :scared:

Due to the fact that they did not expect to find a full term kitten mum had been given pre-med and anaesthetic.  Little kitten was given a few hours to recover from this and is now ensconsed in a little box until I get home and swap bigger kittens into bigger ICU and move the now named Tyson (what else do you call a little fighter like him) into the smaller ICU.

So here's some piccies of Tyson at age 7 hours old. :Luv2: :Luv2:

In the last one, tried to show how small he is against my inde4x finger.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 22:51:52 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »

Link to CatChat