Author Topic: Neutering voucher help?  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Neutering voucher help?
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 09:19:01 AM »
To find out the true facts about CP neutering I would suggest that you contact Ian MacFarlaine RVN
Neutering Manager
Veterinary Department. (He will be away until 6 April)

I am sure he will confirm that CP are supporting numerous individuals and charities to the tune of many hundreds of thousands of pounds  a year and do intend to continue to support individuals and charities in their neutering efforts. However, where there are CP branches they are expected to help the cats. HQ are now looking into ways and making it  priority to find  areas of the UK where external support is thin, and areas where there is no CP branch or no CP branch willing to neuter ferals.

Now to me that seems a wonderful effort on their part to make sure that all areas of the UK have a fair crack of the whip.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 07:38:49 AM »
It's true that CP are having to reduce the neutering grants as we all suffer from the credit crunch.

My grant has increased this year.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 19:17:10 PM by Ela »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 21:38:10 PM »
We have had our neutering budget cut and told we have to make it last. So Ela... you may find a different response if you ask for a top up this year.  :innocent:

It's true that CP are having to reduce the neutering grants as we all suffer from the credit crunch. Don't forget also that CP HQ had a lot of money in the iceland banks and may never get it back... so yes, I can believe you were told that Dabs. Everyone is suffering from reduced donations and CP just want to make sure there's a CP left for cats in need in future generations.  ;)

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 21:10:01 PM »
Perhaps a CP bod can shed light on this for me. I sent an email to CPHQ complaining about a lady having been refused neutering vouchers. It took the CPL 3 months to answer my email and then I got a really sh** email telling me that they were cutting back on the neutering vouchers that they were giving out this year and were no longer going to help the smaller charities with neutering costs for feral colonies, over and above those that they had already committed to helping.

Sp please understand my confusion at what I have been told by HQ and what you are saying Ela.

yours sincerly

Confused of Tunbridge Wells!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »
No problem. I have left a message for our neutering co-ordinator. We work different hours so hard to actually speak to her but she's very good at acting upon messages so this should be sorted ASAP.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
I was going to offer to help but notice it may be sorted.  HQ have advised all branches that full cost vouchers can be given  if it is a difference between a cat being neutered/spayed at the right time (not when an owner has the difference).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 19:16:55 PM by Ela »

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 13:30:42 PM »
Forgot to say thank you so much for this - the lady s very grateful!

J xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 17:38:44 PM »
I'll leave a message for our neutering co-ordinator tonight :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 17:20:16 PM »
Oh wow, thanks so much!

As she doesn't have any credit, would it be OK for me to either PM you her details or leave the details on the answerphone myself?

Jen
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 17:17:01 PM »
If she can get to one of our CP vets then we will be able to help. Please ask her to call East Surrey Cats Protection on 0845 371 2739 and leave her details on m,ailbox 4. Our neutering co-ordinator will call her back to arrange the neutering swiftly. We don't do half price neutering, we always cover the whole amount.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Neutering voucher help?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 17:11:59 PM »
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help. I had an e-mail from a lady who lives in Surrey (we're in Leeds!) and so I managed to get a half price from head office to send her. It's worth £26, but she's asking if we have any full price ones as she only gets £80 a week. We do have full price vouchers but they're for our campaigns we're running.

I wasn't sure whether there was someone who works for a more local charity or whether there was any other way she could do this. She only has a mobile and doesn't have any credit to sort things out. I know it's not my job to do all this, but ultimately I just want the cat neutered!

Link to CatChat