Author Topic: Call themselves human!  (Read 10553 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Call themselves human!
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
I do hope that the steroids keep her well for quite a few weeks, so she can have that bit longer in a wonderful home.
Please spay your cat

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »
Well she has had two breakfasts this morning and is a lot brighter. However I have come to the decision that if/when she goes downhill again then I will make that final choice. I am not keeping her propped up just for a few extra weeks. She has a home here for however long it takes and will be loved to the end. If she is till gong this strong next weekend then we have a chance. Yes, we have turned a corner, but I know that it may only be a stop gap.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 10:08:30 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this, and fingers crossed she does make a miracle recovery. Whatever happens though, she will have been warm, safe and loved and sadly sometimes that is all we can do for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 04:11:14 AM »
Sending positive vibes for Purdy~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 23:48:27 PM »
Wonderful news about her sister, but am sending Perdy all the positive vibes I can muster. Hope she can be helped.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 23:17:49 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Perdy, poor little girl. :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 23:10:05 PM »
awww, poor Perdy tons of healing wishes going her way  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 21:10:11 PM »
Lots of hugs and prayers for Perdy.

Lynds xx

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 21:06:55 PM »
Oh, No!! :'(  Thoughts and prayers for Perdy and lots of Healing Vibes and  :hug: :hug: :hug: for you
People Power Works!!!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: Call themselves human! updated, not looking good for Perdy
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 21:02:37 PM »
Perdy the little Tortie had to be rushed over to the vets today as she seemed to be detoriating fast. Struggling to eat and very depressed, she went down rapidly in only a couple of hours. The vet thinks she is in the final stages of kidney failure, hence her appalling condition and failure to improve.

The back of her tongue is ulcerated and he cannot feel one of her kidneys and can just feel the tip of the other. He reckons she is running on only 40% kidney function. He has given her an injection of antibiotics and steriods to prop her up as she is too ill for any test apart from blood tests which we have not done today as I did not want to put her thru it.

This is last chance saloon for her and if she does not respond then I am afraid that we will have to do the humane thing for her. She has perked up tonight and is now back to greeting me when I walk into the cat room and has started to eat again.  I know that once the steroids wear off then I will not be able to bear to prolong her suffering by keeping her going on steroids if she starts to go down hill again.

At least I can give her some comfort in the last week or so she has with us and she will know what love and comfort is, which she clearly did not know in her last so called home.

Her sister by contrast is doing well and I will bring her into the house in the next few days, get her assessed and put her up for rehoming complete with fashionable hair cut! 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 21:54:57 PM »
So sorry to hear about Murphy  :hug:

Hope Purdy and Nicky can be nursed back to health and find loving forever homes.  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 19:33:27 PM »
You sound to be doing really with them  :) best of luck and keep us updated xx

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 19:00:39 PM »
Well Perdy is in and scoffing very nicely on her A/D thank you! As soon as she came out of the carrier in the cat room she saw the tin in my hand and helped me open it.

Hopefully now we can start the long haul to recovery. Had the go ahead from the charity it is going into the local papers, so just need some decent photos and a write up.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 17:52:31 PM »
the worms  :sick: suggest you are right to split them, as you need to know which one produced them if you are to get them well again, especially Perdy
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 17:18:25 PM »
You sound to be doing well, shame they can't stay together though if they are close?

We have a feral called Perdy and she is so sweet!  :Luv:

They do not seem that bothered about each other and I have agonised all day whether I am doing to right thing. However Perdy needs the extra feeding and special diet and Nicky doesn't. Also I have to be in and out of the run several times a day to check on Perdy and it is stressing Nicky out. I would have loved them to stay together but due to differing needs I need to split them up. It is a shame, but they will soon be back together again. Not an easy decision to make. If they had been looked after in the first place.  :shify: Been presented with a nice pile of worms that one of the wee souls has managed to vomit up today.  :sick:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 13:46:04 PM »
Aw poor babies....hope they respond quickly as they did not deserve what they have gone through!  :hug: >:(

Sorry to hear about Murphy.....RIP xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 13:10:51 PM »
You sound to be doing well, shame they can't stay together though if they are close?

We have a feral called Perdy and she is so sweet!  :Luv:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss, dabs.

Thank goodness that Purdy and Nicky were found in the nick of time and you are there for them.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
I like the meaning of the name. (And the use of a unisex name on the undecided cat!)

Hoping these two come on in leaps and bounds.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 11:25:01 AM »
Thank you all for your kind thoughts on these little ones and for Murphy.  :(

The tortie has been called Perdita, Purdy for short. Her name means "Lost" as she has such a pitiful lost look about her, just like something that has come in from the cold. Her black litter mate has been called Nicky. Still querying the sex of this little one. The vets intially thought a girl then a boy, then a girl. I have tried to look but being a semi long haired, jet black and a bit lively it has been a bit of a challenge! The only thing I am sure of is if it is a lad then he has been neutered.  :rofl:

Purdy is inquisitve and friendly and first at the pen door. Nicky is the shyer of the two and tries to make herself invisible when you go in.

I am worried about Purdy she needs the A/D where Nicky does not and as they are not overly bothered about each other I am going to bring Purdy in and isolate her in the cat room. She can then have the intensive care that she needs and Nicky can finish her isolation in the pen and can be fed routinely. I do not want to split them up as they have been thru a lot together, but Purdy has greater needs than Nicky. I know that Purdy is eating well, but I cannot monitor what Nicky is eating as she/he will not eat while I am around. Nicky will be ready to go once her isolation period has passed and she is not so traumatised, where as Purdy will take months. I have just sorted out a lad that came in Christmas in a similar state and he is still with me as they need so much work.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »
RIP Murphy

I am so glad that these two were found in time, and i am sure with lots of nice food, they will come round in no time. I would definitely do something to highlight their story.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 10:44:36 AM »
Sorry to hear about Murphy  :hug:

Glad you found these 2 babies in time - I can't believe people could be so heatless to dump cats where they might not be found. I hope whoever did it dies alone and hungry in their own excrement  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
and that poor black cat makes me want to cry - Whatever happened to her back ? 

She had to be shaved, WC. Her coat was too matted for any other action I think.

Thanks - Thats what I feared .... I cant imagine what state she must have been in to need her BACK done .... "undercarriage" yes ....  At least fur grows back  :(
People Power Works!!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 22:06:47 PM »
and that poor black cat makes me want to cry - Whatever happened to her back ? 

She had to be shaved, WC. Her coat was too matted for any other action I think.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 22:05:41 PM »
So sorry to hear about Murphy :( its always hard to loose a furbabe unexpectedly but somehow maybe Murphy sent these two to you knowing they needed help :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 21:11:10 PM »
 :RIP:  Murphy

So pleased that these two beautiful cats have found their way to you - thank you so much for taking them on, they really look at home there.

What are their names?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 20:36:42 PM »
Im so sorry about Murphy  :(  :hug: for you

Those poor cats - Torite is a real little skinny-Minnie and that poor black cat makes me want to cry - Whatever happened to her back ?  Her face reminds me of Mr T when we took him in - such a sad, sad look ....

Im SO glad they are safe now   :hug:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 20:37:56 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 20:12:06 PM »
I'm so sorry about Murphy. :hug:

The pictures of the torti made me go cold - that poor girl. (I swore too, generally I manage not to straight away.) is the other cat a black and white? I hope they've got names - their new life should begin with a new name.  ;)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 20:08:24 PM »
I am so sorry about Murphy  :hug:

Poor little cats, so sad :(  They are safe now. :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 19:58:17 PM »
So very sorry to hear about Murphy  :hug: i think somehow he has had a paw in sending these very needy little ones to you .

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 19:50:46 PM »
firstly :hug: I'm so sorry about your Murphy Dabs xx

:Luv: bless those 2 kitties, do you think they are old they look it - or is it because they are in poor condition?  well done for helping them.

It is because they are in such poor condition. The teeth says that they are only about 5!

Thank you all for your kind words abt Murphy. Looking at his empty chair is the hardest.  :'(

poor things  :(

:hug: for you, I know what you mean having recently lost my Schui xx

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 18:43:49 PM »
so very sorry you have lost Murphy :hug:

and so glad these little ones have a chance now they are with you
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 18:41:23 PM »

:Luv: bless those 2 kitties, do you think they are old they look it - or is it because they are in poor condition?  well done for helping them.

It is because they are in such poor condition. The teeth says that they are only about 5!

Thank you all for your kind words abt Murphy. Looking at his empty chair is the hardest.  :'(

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 18:38:01 PM »

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 18:38:46 PM by janeyk »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 18:34:23 PM »
OH hunnie I am so sorry for your loss, Murphy will be playing hard on the bridge with my Vesti and Sofa I am sure.

Also those 2 poor cats, all very sad  :'(

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 18:33:38 PM »
oh my goodness that is shocking :'( those pics of the tortie made me wince :( poor babies. Glad they're in safe hands at last. :Luv2:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Call themselves human!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 18:25:26 PM »
Had a call from the vets yesterday, 2 cats dumped in a carrier overnight, could we accommodate? Without hesitation the answer has to be yes of course. Warned one of the girls a "Bit ropey". The other girl needs shaving as she is so matted. Got to the vets to pick up and nearly cried. The tortie girl is so thin, she must not have eaten for weeks. The other girl apart from a mega matted coat which needed a quick number 1, is in far better shape than her sister.

It turns out that the cats had been dumped in a carrier and left right round the back of the vets, where no one usually goes. It was only because one of the vet nurses was parking his bike round there that he heard them. The carrier was so full of wee and poo, they had been forced to toilet in the carrier and then lie in it.

I hope the piccies show how thin the tortie is as I am so tempted to go to the press.  >:(

While having to deal with this, my beloved Murphy had a stroke last night and had to be PTS this morning. On the one hand we have a much loved cat that I wept buckets over last night and this morning and two of the most sweetest cats left hidden with the damm owners not careing if they are found or not!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat