Author Topic: Another one wanting to rehome due to "Asthma"  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Another one wanting to rehome due to "Asthma"
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 18:45:42 PM »
I think that some with asthma have real problems but they already know so would not have a cat.

My sister is very bad if in contact with fur and stuff and had to vanish back to the car after being in my house for a few minutes. She loves cats but swells up if she gets scratched or anything and she and animals of any sort just dont mix well......and she probably would end up in hospital but thats not the right way to be.

She cant even have a flu jab cos of the egg/chicken thing...yes she doesnt just have asthma but his highly allergic too.

I dont know if something like this can happen suddenly although I know her allergy probs did.

I know a doctor said I had asthma and gave me all the medicine to take but read the notes and thought , I dont like sound of this and went back. She said go for a jog, well a fast walk round the block and come back........and I was better in the test after, than before  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Another one wanting to rehome due to "Asthma"
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 16:45:33 PM »
 >:(

they've cottoned on here that someone has to be in hospital before we can help (if we can)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Another one wanting to rehome due to "Asthma"
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 23:59:14 PM »
I phoned a woman back (out of our area btw) who said she has asthma and her 2 cats have been given the blame -  she thought it was better to rehome than PTS  >:( - she said it as if she expected a medal  >:( - I gave her a list of rescues in her area (Margate) but said to call again if she gets stuck to go on our list. I said it is a long way and unlikely we could collect cats from 20 miles away (to make her try harder locally)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 00:05:40 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat