Author Topic: 12 ferals in danger of being shot/drowned...(Yorkshire)  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 12 ferals in danger of being shot/drowned...(Yorkshire)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »
very best of luck with these, hope you can sort something out
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »
So hope they get the right help, bloody farmer :(

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »
Thanks you guys!

Sylvia the co-ordinator of the branch is back today or tomorrow and is extrememly experienced at dealing with this type of situation. My old co-ordinator is pretty confident that she can talk him round and deal with the situation. Of course any offers of feral homes are always appreicated!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 16:37:45 PM »
Whereever possible we always try and bring ferals round, but we've already got 7 in care who obviously take up room for so much longer than domestics and we just can't give up any more room to take in more. These are apparently truely feral and not semi, or timid!

I can put a plea out and see if anyone can take any but I can see where your coming from.  I deal mainly with ferals and they do take up a lot more time and room, and this is why I am fit to bursting with them as I'm a sucker when it comes to the wildies  :tired:  I have ferals here that I've had for a good 2/3 years and finding homes can be a bit of a nightmare especially when you know yourself once they get settled, they are just as loveable as the next cat but all this takes time.  Even ones I've tamed down, you can guarantee as soon as they are rehomed, they revert back to being feral initially until they gain that trust.  I'll put a plea out for some farm homes or similar and see if anyone has any ideas  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 15:10:44 PM »
To be honest, both of our branches are exteremely experience in dealing with ferals and it's the core of our work really and we've offered to TNR, to deal with slowly etc. but it really is one of those cases where they want rid now and that's it, fuill stop.

Whereever possible we always try and bring ferals round, but we've already got 7 in care who obviously take up room for so much longer than domestics and we just can't give up any more room to take in more. These are apparently truely feral and not semi, or timid!

Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 14:44:24 PM »
Can't you try big CP its a case of Trap and Neuter and the release - better to keep the colony together - we have the last survivors from a farm and after 2 weeks in CP Pens they came to us fully litter trained and now 6 months on have blossomed and are inside cats - aged 14 and 2 at age 8 so this dump and run technique of trying to move them can work it just takes a bit of time and it can work

We will watch this closely but have a number of dumpees growing daily now with the lighter nights and brighter torch putting heat pads out in my ferals outdoor homes

Mine adapted and spent 3 weeks in our downstairs study and then let loose with my crew

Please don't right off feral cats they can and do adapt in fact majority of ours are feral and range from house cats to indoor/outdoor in  every night ranging from aged 14 to 18 months!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 14:38:38 PM »
Stupid man , when they are gone he will be moaning about mice etc!

Didnt Tan know of somewhere that wanted ferals?

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 14:30:33 PM »
any chance you could get him to agree to dealing with a couple at a time??
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
12 ferals in danger of being shot/drowned...(Yorkshire)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 14:28:01 PM »
Hello all,

Just having a chat with our sister branch and they've had a farmer on the phone saying he has 12 adult feral cats who he will shoot or drown if we can't take in. The RSPCA don't want to know and would PTS ferals anyway...

... if you know of anyone wanting ferals just PM me (long shot I know!) With domestics we can usualyl find space for them or squeeze them in some where but you can't just dump a whole load of ferals somewhere can you?!

We've offered to neuter and return but he wants them gone....

Any suggestions really welcome xxx

Link to CatChat