Author Topic: A Question  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: A Question
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 17:02:43 PM »
If you've spotted them over a couple of years, but have never seen kittens, they could have been done already.  :sneaky: See if you can get a closer look at their ears - are they nicked, torn or crumpled looking?  :shify:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 08:58:52 AM »
I can only agree with the others. Trapped a mum and kits at the NEC in September and mum was the most purry thing - not the kittens i have to say! :Luv2: - though the kits did calm down and the new owners say that they are wonderful. Mum is still with us.

Offline MooCat

• Adult Cat
    • Myspace Musician
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 05:54:18 AM »
 Havent rung C.P yet ive got issues happening that need attention , but im taking food in for them
and it all seems to be disappearing , cant be other wildlife eating it as i leave it where only they could
get at it and havent seen them during the week for last 2 weeks hopefully cause theyre full and sleeping.
"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:22:25 AM »
Glad you are going to ring the CP and are looking out for them, do let us know how you get on please  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MooCat

• Adult Cat
    • Myspace Musician
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:38:02 AM »
Hi again , many thanks for the replys , took some dry and wet food in with me today and
left it in a hidey place that ive seen them use before hope theyve had a good bellyfull of whiskas
will check on monday and replace as necessary.
 Decided i will contact my local CP over the weekend and see what they advise , would be quite
willing to have a go at trapping them myself if im provided with the necessary gear.
 As a couple of people have said it will be worth it even if they just get neutered/spayed and
returned , if theres an even better result than that then , well ill keep my fingers crossed , will only contact CP as i dont
trust the R.S.P.C.A at all.
 Ones Black and White and the others mainly White with a ginger tabby head , back and tail they must
be at least 4-5 years and are either very shy or feral and seem to live under one of the storage containers
that we have at the rear of the factory , to be honest ive only seen them a handfull of times in the last couple of years
but after the recent bad winter ive been seeing them a lot more ,  anyway i feel a lot better tonight for knowing theres food there for them
will keep posting if theres any developments next week.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:08:40 AM by MooCat »
"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
Hi Moocat - where abouts are you?

Each rescue will be different, with the RSPCA usually putting to sleep ferals but CP will try and trap, neuter and return. It's really hard to tell though as Noah who we just took in we thought was feral as he was hissy, spitty and very ill, but once we've got him a little bit better, he's a real purrer who loves attention and is definately homable.

I would contact CP headquaters on 08702 099 099 and ask for the local branch. Some smaller branches don't do TNR, but we do and if you're close we'll try and help (Leeds)
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:07:18 AM »
I would definately contact someone as there is nothing to say that they are not dumped domestics that have got a bit wary of humans after having spent a lot of time on their own.

Failing that, if they are feral and are looking well nourished it may be worth contacting a rescue with a view to Trapping them and then neutering and returning.  If you are on an industrial area then you will probably find that businesses are happy for the cats to stay around as they perform a role and keep the vermin problem down and quite often there are people who will feed them even if it is scraps. 

good on you for noticing and wanting to do something about it.   Let us know how you get on.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:15:04 AM »
Our Cat Protection would give you a trap to set for them and if they are in a safe place with people to feed them they would be released back there.  If they were kittens idealy they would be fostered and homes found (sadly this is rarely the case as they never have enough fosterers so they are usually all released :().  I have done this many times but they have been released where I live as me and 2 other neighbours look after them.  If they are not in a safe place as far as I know they try to find one.  If I were you I would contact CP but whatever you decide best of luck.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:16:41 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MooCat

• Adult Cat
    • Myspace Musician
A Question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 02:01:26 AM »
 Spotted 2 cats at the rear of my workplace today i have seen them before but am now sure that theyre
living rough as theres no residential property for at least a quarter of a mile in any direction.
 My question is what should i do im worried about leaving them in their current position as they must be struggling
to survive but at the same time would i be making things worse by contacting a rescue and them being trapped as
i know a lot of cats especially ferals are being PTS due to the current homing crisis.
 Ill be taking some food in tommorow and leaving it in an accessable place for them would any people involved in rescue
please leave me some advice as im in a bit of a quandry.

Link to CatChat