Author Topic: Sapphire & Amber - 2 New Persian Arrivals  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Sapphire & Amber - 2 New Persian Arrivals
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 20:18:16 PM »
Fingers crossed for these two.
Please spay your cat

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 18:35:02 PM »
Love that pic of Sapphire - she's beautiful  :Luv2:  I'm getting to really like Persians but couldn't face all that grooming

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 18:01:24 PM »
I must say Sapphire DOES look exceedingly grumyp that photo LOL!  :rofl: but I'm sure she's feeling better already with a light breeze under her!  :evillaugh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 15:58:20 PM »
blue point it is! ;)  Thanks Gillian.

Amber is a very odd mix of colours but she is beautiful. Luckily for her all her shaving is at the back legs and underside so at least you can only see it when she turns her back to you!  bless her.  Whereas poor Sapphire will be a bit breezy from midline down everywhere bless her. Will try and get better piccies later on.  (these are OH's)  ;)   
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 15:10:40 PM »
Aw bless 'em  :Luv2:   I would have said Sapphire looks more like a blue point than lilac point.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 14:58:15 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: - No , i cannot have any more !! :rofl:
Yes, Amber is blue and cream i am sure , she is very like my Bungly.
Hope they soon get their forever homes - they are just gorgeous.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Sapphire & Amber - 2 New Persian Arrivals
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 14:09:02 PM »
We have had a few little ones come into the rescue over the last few days and several more requests for help which we can only add to the waiting list.

2 of the little ones to get a space were these delightful little girls.  Amber & Sapphire.  Both have come from a home where the owner felt it wasn't fair on the cats with them working so many hours.

Both were very badly matted, Sapphire more so than Amber.  Sapphire was matted very badly along her underside, legs and chest and Amber was very bad around her back end and legs.

Both went through a lot of shaving yesterday and we have spent some time with them today grooming, thinning and getting a better look at their raw skin.  Luckily there were no real big sores just a few patches that were very raw and red looking and are now getting a chance to heal and breath with all the thick heavy matting gone.

They are 2 very gorgeous wee girls with fabby natures although Sapphire isn't as forward as Amber.  Sapphire is also a cross Persian / Mainecoon apparently whilst Amber is a Persian according to the details given to us which makes sense as Sapphire doesn't have the same eys and face shape as a persian.

They still need some work to get them looking their best and for their shaved areas to come back in but they will get there with time and we hope we can have them in their new forever homes very soon.   I have put a couple of piccies below and if you are wondering what the white stuff is its some eye envy powder as both had very crusty eyes.

This is Amber  - Not sure whether she is a blue cream ????

This is Sapphhire - who I would describe as a Lilac point?   Bless her in this pic she does look very miserable but she is feeling much better now the matts are gone and can actually stand and lift her head!!!!  :Crazy:

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat