Author Topic: Meet Mr No Name - he's Valentino  (Read 42347 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Meet Mr No Name - he's Valentino
« Reply #287 on: April 25, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
Desley, our local pound shop has Sudafed diffusers, do you want me to pick one up for you? (Well, Tino!) Glad he had a good night.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »
Sending lots of good vibes for Tino and hope you have a good weekend  :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2009, 06:51:16 AM »
I am so pleased Tino is doing well for now :Luv: Sending him some good vibes and hope he has a good weekend . :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2009, 05:52:16 AM »
Yay! Glad to hear that he is having some happy times....hope it lasts for as long as possible!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #283 on: April 24, 2009, 07:55:34 AM »
Thanks everyone, he had a really good night, so he has had a reprieve for the weekend, but I do think we are down to weeks going off his blood results - for some reason, he eats more outside (although still only half of what you give him, but at least he is having some food). I have just taken him outside for his breakfast, and he has eaten his half of a half tray, plus half a slice of ham. I made him come downstairs twice last night and he did stay - the second time he got fed up of sitting with me, and started eyeing up the ironing board (which I leave up all the time for Kiz), and he did manage to get on it, and slept there for a good hour till I had to go to bed, so definitely still some fight in him. Still sneezy though, so got plenty of steam going in the bathroom again, and had eucalyptus going last night.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:15:50 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2009, 04:29:02 AM »
:hug: :hug: Not much that can be said really. You'll know when it's time and until then Tino is getting the love he deserves.

Could'nt say it better myself!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2009, 23:13:47 PM »
 :hug: :hug: Not much that can be said really. You'll know when it's time and until then Tino is getting the love he deserves.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2009, 23:08:40 PM »
you've been on a long journey with Tino, Desley, and I am so sorry you seem to be reaching the end of the road

it's wonderful that you have brought him so far, and I'm sure you will know when it's time to wish him God speed to the Bridge :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2009, 22:48:01 PM »
Maybe, but I dont think he is going to have as long as I had hoped, I am tempted to make an app for this weekend, as even if I can pull him through this, it is only going to be a matter of time. My main concern is heart failure, everyhing I have read says symptoms are laboured breathing and coughing, rather than sneezing, so hopefully it is just a cold. HE has eaten more today than the rest of the week though, but barely moving from the cat room - he started off looking brighter, and I did get him to go downstairs, and he ate quite a bit out there (neighbours have seen it all now, me sat outside watching a cat eat, while two others hover thinking they can get something), but then he went straight back up into the cat room and didn't move - even when I tried to sit on the chair iwth him, he didn't want to know, and normally he loves to sit on my knee if I sit there. Thinking about it, I can't remember the last time he did jump on my knee, he jumped on my mum's last Wed but I'm not sure if he has jumped on mine since, and that is one of his favourite 'tricks' - wait till human is about to get up, then dive on!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2009, 14:04:23 PM »
Maybe as he's a bit bunged up he's having trouble with eating? Poor baby I hope he gets more good days.... :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »
Doubt it - he is very good at finding tablets in things, and can spit them out 3 times in a row, or ignore the one piece of chicken that has meds in it!! I have some Periactin in, but he isnt being sick.

He seemed a lot brighter when I got home last night, and interested in food, but then went really subdued, he didn't even come downstairs last night, and didn't eat much overnight (I did leave him 3 kinds of wet food, plus chicken and dry), and while he seems interested this morning, he has barely touched anything. He is a bit snuffly, so left the shower on longer this morning for the steam, and have left a tissue with some eucalyptus oil on it for him to see if that helps clear him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2009, 10:08:56 AM »
Are you able to get half a small tablet down him Des? I mean hidden in the chicken or whatever?

Them tablets I mentioned to you are working wonders on Teddie....she has managed to keep everything down for over 4 weeks now!  ;)

But saying that she has no problems with her tummy or eating and I know that what does one cat good may not be the answer for another!  :Crazy:

Positive vibes coming Tino's way~~~~~~~ :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
Yeah, but living with constant nausea can't be good for him, and he still isn't completely solid (in fact, hardly pooed at all yesterday, unless it was while he was out), his tummy makes such awful noises.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2009, 08:01:30 AM »
so am I keeping him going for him or me

I don't think so, hun.   :hug:  A cat who is suffering would not be so playful or interested in his surroundings, I feel.  As JaneyK says, we all have days like that, and as we get older, they become more frequent than they ever were.  Doesn't mean to say he's ready to jack it all in yet. 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2009, 07:56:24 AM »
This is more days than normal though, I wonder if it is the heat, I had turned the heating up in his room last week, so turned that back down again, but he did something really odd this morning - he jumped in the bath after I had my shower (he is known to jump on the windowsill while I am in the shower), and was sniffing the bottom of the bath. I tried to stop him as I had used shower gel, and in the end put his bowl in the bath with him, and he did drink some of it - I also wiped his legs and chest with cold water to help him cool down, as he is looking rather sweaty again. I bought him loads of food last night, he tucked into the first tray, but only ate half of what I put down and the same with his chicken. If it was any other cat, I Would say what he ate yesterday was enough, but iwht his thyroid he needs to be eating more. His tummy does still make noises, but I daren't put any meds into his food - what other way can I get SEB into him, bearing in mind he hates his mouth being touched. While he is eating somethign every day, I am going to give him some time in case it is just an off couple of days, but if he is still like this in a few days, then I will have to really think, as I suspect it is nausea, and having an upset tum at the moment myself, he can't be feeling great and he has no chance of getting better, so am I keeping him going for him or me?
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2009, 07:14:06 AM »
Our cats have always had days where they don't fancy eating, even humans feel like that sometimes, I would just see how he goes xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2009, 14:50:14 PM »
Desley, Paddy has days like this when he won't eat, but for the most part he makes up for it later.

He loses weight quickly, which is always alarming, but then he regains substance when he does eat.  It's not ideal, I agree, but so long as he's still pottering, rolling and sitting on things to stop you reading them, and "enjoying life with Desley," then try not to fret too much.   :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2009, 14:15:58 PM »
Aw bless him...its really upsetting when they dont eat as they should, atleast a bit of dry is better than nothing but as you know you would prefer the wet!  :(

Hope this is just a few days off and beautiful Tino will pick up from this....Good Luck Des!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

C'mon Tino you can do it!!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »
Tino is still really picky with his food, we must have gone through 5 kinds of wet food this weekend, going to buy something he ate last weekend tonight, he hasn't even eaten much chicken this morning, he has had some dry overnight though. I dont know if he is just having a couple of off days (he has eaten dry overnight), or if this is his way of saying he is feeling too bad.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2009, 18:20:50 PM »
They were both happy last night - I wasn't, as first they laid on my knee and stopped me doing paperwork, then they laid on the paperwork!! He has had another good afternoon, had a potter and roll round outside, and some more turkey, but I did put some med in his tea, so now refusing to eat that!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2009, 16:19:34 PM »
Aw bless....they both looked so chilled out and happy!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »
Awww  :Luv2: :Luv2: , they both look great. x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
Desley, those photos do my heart good.    :wow:    :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »
Thanks - he definitely does still have life in him, I was shocked to see him jump on the worktop, and then to see him on the fridge freezer - he might look frail, but certainly isn't stopping him!! He also had a good roll in the dust outside too, he loves doing that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »
lovely piccies :Luv:

if he can jump up on a work top there is certainly life left in the old dog cat
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »
awwwwwww bless them :Luv2:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:39 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
WEll, he had a fab afternoon - started off grumpy cos I had to go out unexpectedly and he had just wanted to get some fresh air!! He was funny with his turkey, he actually jumped on the worktop while it was cooking and then camped out on the fridge freezer to wait!! He actually did spend some time sat on my knee yesterday too, which was nice and he even got to spend the night loose in teh house cos of how him and Sam were sleeping, I didn't want to disturb them.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
HE is happy, although I seem to have overdosed him on Dreamies treats looking at the contents of his litter tray - will limit those now!! He still isn't keen on the Prokolin in his food, so I have only just let him out of isolation for today in the attempt to make him eat some of it!! I have pulled some turkey out of the freezer for his tea, so he will have some nice, unmedicated food then, an I might be brave and try and put the Prokolin in his mouth.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2009, 07:03:24 AM »
 :hug: :hug:  Am glad your Mum has seen him like that.  I know I've said this before, but let him set his own pace.  You'll know when things are getting a bit much for him, but meanwhile - if he's happy in himself.....    Paddy's been written off by our vet on more than occasion, but thank heavens he never takes any notice!  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2009, 19:14:34 PM »
He does still sound a happy boy  :) and that is good news.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2009, 18:39:42 PM »
certainly sounds as though he is happy Desley and thats what counts! ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2009, 18:11:19 PM »
Thanks - my mum was of the 'let him go' opinion at first, until she popped round today - he wouldnt let her back out of the bathroom, cos he wanted a fuss, and her exact words were 'he doesn't act ill', so even she has changed her mind - he is eating really well today, poo still not solid, and still clumps of fur all over the place, but that doesn't seem to bother him too much. I bought him some nice new food at the cash and carry, he wolfed the first pouch. I was bad and forgot his chicken though!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »
He doesn't seem to be aware of the fact he is on limited time, he seems very content, even if he does rebel about being in isolation from time to time!! I hope he has a lot of time left, but realistically I do think it will only be months if we are lucky, but he will be spoilt as it is all about quality now

That's the main thing - that he's content, and enjoying himself.  That's down to you, that is - he's blossomed under your care.  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2009, 09:15:06 AM »
Thanks - he is certainly happy enough, although I am sure he would prefer his food not to have medication in it!! His fur is coming out in clumps though, I hope it is just normal moulting, but I did take a tremendous amount off him yesterday. He doesn't seem to be aware of the fact he is on limited time, he seems very content, even if he does rebel about being in isolation from time to time!! I hope he has a lot of time left, but realistically I do think it will only be months if we are lucky, but he will be spoilt as it is all about quality now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2009, 20:53:28 PM »
Aww, sorry to hear that 'Tino is not as well as he could be.  All I can do is echo what has already been said here, he's in the best place possible with you, and the pleasure he's getting from your sofa must mean so much to him!

Hope he will continue to enjoy pottering on for a while yet.  :Luv:

I can quite understand that you feel a break from the oldies would do you good.  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2009, 19:40:34 PM »
Thanks Desley

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2009, 19:04:52 PM »
Will pm you Jane. I foster anything that is needed, it just seems that we have had a lot of old poorly strays recently.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #249 on: April 14, 2009, 18:48:37 PM »
Big hugs for Tino  :hug:

I'd like to do what you do Desley but for some reason I don't think they get that many oldies round here, whenever I've asked or maybe the fosters keep the older ones?  I have thought of asking about fostering old and ill cats they get in is that what you did?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 18:54:58 PM by janeyk »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #248 on: April 14, 2009, 18:41:23 PM »
It does seem that way at the moment, I am going to try and take a couple of younger cats in next though, just to have a bit of a break, although Sam is very good for comforting (so glad the rescue agreed not to rehome him due to his health - no signs of being ill fortunatley, but he is borderline for so many things, who knows when that will change) and I have plenty of choc and alcohol in the house.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat