Author Topic: Serves them right!  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Serves them right!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 19:18:32 PM »
Maybe the supporting fraudsters side of things will encourage them to stop pet ads incase they get lumbered with all the blame :wish:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »
Okay, so I contacted one of 'warning' adverts and this morning I've recieved a nice letter proving just how these scammers are inadvertantly helping rescues...  :sneaky:

Thank you so much for your email and advise. I just find it very irresponsible that a brand name like G**tree does not implement stricter checks on the adverts placed, especially where animals are involved. I tried finding a companion for my Jack Russell and I responded to at least a dozen ads. In every case, the owner was away on missionary or religious business, and would ship the puppy to me. I knew straight away that if a person was working in Scotland, then they would no advertise to sell a dog in Kent. It just makes me angry that people will stop at nothing to make a quick buck illegally. I have now found my JR a beautiful rescue puppy from Viking Oak, and we take ownership of her in 2 weeks. We are so very happy to have found her, and know she will be well loved and cared for, and we cannot wait for her to join our family.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
we're seeing a lot of that up here as well on the edinburgh site..... only a couple of weeks ago we were contacted by a lady who had already shelled our £180 for a kitten that never arrived  :shocked:

how they fall for these ads I have no idea....
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 22:57:41 PM »
I think a lot of us in rescue would be absolutely delighted if the scammers continued to the point it drove all those silly buyers away and into the arms of bona fide rescues.  ;) And if the tree site became so unreliable that no one would buy puppies and kittens from it, the BSBs would have to give up or move on.  :sneaky:

So I think I'd like to see wall to wall scams peppered with the occasional genuine ad from rescues.  :)

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 22:46:01 PM »
Hum I nearly got a Pug not so long ago, nearly. I emailed something that i thought was a scam and kept it going up untill I had to pay for the delivery, which when I said I would collect the dog myself, the person did not contact me anymore  :rofl:

They thought they had me hook line and sinker lol

There is also a repost scam button, which is a good thing if the stupid idiots can see its a scam  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 22:40:55 PM »
We have a lot of them down here in nottinghamshire,and we also get the warnings about scams as well,its time some of these free sites started to take notice and do something about it >:(
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Serves them right!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 22:33:29 PM »
The 'tree' site seems to have finally imploded.  :evillaugh: I have recently been a tad confused about the number of ads for pedigree puppies in the Kent section. All showing professional chocolate box poses taken again backclothes in a studio situation.  :shify: Last week I also noticed a few 'warning' ads from people who have been scammed out of money while trying to buy nonexistent puppies and kittens.  :innocent:

I have just had a look again today and among about 20 adverts trying to sell kittens and puppies, I reckon maybe 3 are genuine. The rest are full of bad English and poor terminology like "puppy come with shots and wormings".  :evillaugh:

You may think I am harsh but I have no sympathy for idiots conned into parting with lots of dosh on the promise of a cheap pedigree puppy or kitten. Serve them right!  :innocent:

Wouldn't it be good if it got such a problem that the 'tree' people were compelled to ban advertising animals?  :sneaky:

Link to CatChat