Author Topic: Home check today  (Read 8977 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Home check today
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:36:57 AM »
awww that's awful Julie, well done you for doing something about the situation  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Home check today
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 02:36:35 AM »
Hope the same thing happens to those sort of people when they get old - someone should turn round and say -we aren''t going to treat/help you -you are old  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
I hate people like that !
I have a poor old tabby cat that comes to me -unfortunately i am not sure who is owners are now ( he had 2 on here that i know of ) he always has scratches all over his nose and his fur has matts and he is a short hair -they must try a bit ,i think as i have seen him occasionally without as many matts !
He comes to me for a feed most nights -eats well and is certainly not thin - think a few round here feed him.
I also have a lovely cosy cat house he sleeps in occasionally too.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Home check today
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 00:09:49 AM »
I was asked to do a check by a dog rescue which saves and treats street dogs from Romania, gets them neutered vac and chip, then passported and eventually rehomed in the UK. A great idea and they do wonderful work.  :naughty:

Unfortunately the home check they asked me to do was awful!  >:( It was a couple in their fifties living in Dover, semi retired, who wanted to adopt 2 GSD cross puppies aged 9 months. Apart from the fact they only had a 3 foot rickety broken fence, were neither of them physically fit enough to cope with growing and probably previously ill treated dogs like this, they had a cat which nearly made me burst into tears.  >:( :'(

Their poor cat was covered in huge clumps of matted fur, and baring in mind it was a short hair, this had obviously been neglected over many, many months. When I mentioned the appalling state of the poor puss, the couple said "she's old"... what  :censored: difference does that make!  :shify: I asked them whether they had consulted their vet about these matts and they said "our vet told us to brush her but she doesn't like to be brushed". Nor would I if I had great clumps that size!!  >:(

It does without saying that my report to the rescue recommended they never be given a dog, or other animal, of any sort. The rescue were just as appalled as me and said no way will they give these puppies to this couple.  :sneaky: I also called the RSPCA and asked for an inspector to visit and persuade them they need to get this cat to the vet pronto, as the couple aren't going to listen to my guidance - the cat will need to be shaved under sedation.  >:(

But why is it some people can justify allowing animals to fall into severe neglect and suffering and merely excuse it by saying ''but it's old"!  >:( >:( >:(

Link to CatChat