Author Topic: I am so tired  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: I am so tired
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 08:07:15 AM »
Glad she has started to settle.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »
Im so happy for you both that she is now settling in again,all credit to you for persivering and i hope it continues to keep rolling :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »
Well we are still on a roll with her. She is being a good girl now, bless her. Now if only I could get the son to behave the same way!  :Crazy:
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 20:13:39 PM »
Next thing I knew it was 5am and the OH was getting up and I realised that I had not heard a peep all night.

You have probably become immune  :rofl:

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 18:47:23 PM »
YAY WOOHOO

great to hear she's doing well. :wow:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 17:08:34 PM »
Brilliant ;D it sounds as tho she is begining to relax  at last, :Luv: :hug:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 16:44:42 PM »
Well keep the good vibes up ladies, it is obviously working. A 2nd night of bliss.  :Luv2:

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 07:54:24 AM »
Just been reading about this little fur-baby  :(
How can someone take in a little kitty knowing they have not had the best past, then do that to her.
The  :censored: to put it politely.
Fingers crossed she settles soon, and is not scared for life at how they treated her.

She is in good hands with you and hopefully in time she will be a credit to your fur-family.

As for this "woman" working for a cat rescue place....... WHAT THE  :censored: was she taught?
No animals attack for no reason, (unless medically problemed)  and this is NOT grounds to "get rid"
We have all been bitten by our babies, and im sure were not the last.  They have good and bad days just like us, and im sure if they could speak and tell us whats getting to them..... no one would be bit in the first place!
People like her do not desearve the joys of having animals be it cats or dogs. 
Maybe someone should treat her as she has treated this poor little girl, and see how she  :censored: likes it!

Enough of my rant........ !  :innocent:

Sending loads and loads of hugs kisses and confidence vibes to baby Angel x

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »
So was it another good night or did she decide ti keep you awake again? :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 20:36:12 PM »
Thats wonderful news lets hope it wasnt the calm before the storm,sorry didnt mean to burst your bubble, i really hope this is a turning point for her and that she can settle  at last,lots of calming vibes for her and hugs for you :hug: :hug:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 19:23:35 PM »
well have I cracked it or am I being a bit optimistic. Last night not a peep from her, not one yell or banging at the door.

I bought her downstairs about 6pm and tried to get her to play. Nope she says not a chance, so she sat on the back of the settee and scrowled at the others. I took her back up abt 9.15pm, cause I could hardly keep my eyes open. I fed her, cuddled her and gave her a strict talking to about me being so knackered it was untrue.

Next thing I knew it was 5am and the OH was getting up and I realised that I had not heard a peep all night.

Ahhhh bliss.  :yayyy:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
Oh dear just as you thought maybe she was begining to settle a bit this happens :( could you try putting her in the puppy cage  with a blanket over it at night ,maybe that will soothe her and make her feel a bit more secure if she has got used to hiding at night at the other place when she was locked out maybe this might help.                I hope she settled a bit last night and you managed to get some sleep  :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 18:17:30 PM »
sounds like it may just be a case of perserverance until she gets over her anxiety. fingers crossed she starts to settle soon.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 18:10:02 PM »
Well, she yelled and yelled last night for all it was worth. Despite rescue remedy, feliway diffusers and spray, T touch and everything else besides a hammer on the head!

She kept me awake till about 3am and then I finally had enough and put her in a cat carrier, till I got up at 5.15am. I had no option and it was the only way I could shut her up. She probably felt secure in there. So after 5 nights and very little sleep I am like something off the waking dead.

I have a large carrier that is designed for puppies, so may pop her in that tonight with a tray and see if she feels secure in that. I have tried a cage, but she just yells in that as well, even that may be too open for her. 

If anyone can think of anything that could get this girl back on track it would be very much appreciated

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 15:43:13 PM »
The poor little thing.

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 17:10:43 PM »
And what on earth was he thinking of? He adopted her for goodness sake- she should have come first. Poor little thing- I hope she settles again and finds the forever home she deserves.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 17:02:45 PM »
This woman sounds a total  :censored: as i said before and people like her should,nt be allowed  anywhere near animals.i dread to think what else this poor little angel has had to endure >:(Im so glad she is showing signs of  coming round and im sure you will soon have  the little kittie back that left you ,i just hope she can forget the harsh treatment  she has recieved and blossom into a well and much loved kittie :Luv: :Luv:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 16:54:17 PM »
Well last night was not too bad, she only work us up 3 times. She had a bit of a yell and then gave it a rest till the next bout. She is settled during the day now and apart from the odd vocalisation she at least gives it a break. Saves it up I reckon till she knows its night nights!

The more I hear the more I dislike the woman. She called last night to see what the vet had said and it transpires that Angel has been yellling for a while, another reason to get rid I suspect, don't bother dealing with her stress, just off load her. So when she was yelling of a night because she had been forced apart from her owner, she was then put outside!  :censored: This is a cat that does not like being outside. When she was with me last year, she would have a potter around the garden, but she always kept checking that the backdoor was open and she would never spend more that about 10 minutes outside. So to be thrown out, in the middle of the night, door shut and in some of the night time temps we have had with no shelter as well. No wonder this girl has behavioural issues now. I could not understand why when she fiirst came in she was yelling at doors and wondoes as this was not like her. She probably associates yelling with the outside and at least not being tormented while she was out there.

Also it seems that not long after he adopted her he met this woman with in the month, he was working nights, would go to hers to sleep in the morning, go back to his place, feed the cat, clean her tray and then back to work. So the poor baby who just adores human company was then left alon for about 20 hours out of every 24.

I have put some rescue remedy on her ears, popped some in her milk and sprayed feliway at cat height all along the hall walls upstairs. She has the radio on low and a nightlight in the hallway. Lots of love and reassurance when she wants it and we are slowly seeing the old personality come back.

There has been no sign of the vomiting or not using her tray since she has been here, just a case of trying to reassure her that all is well now.

What annoys me even more is this woman claims she knows all about cats because she used to volunteer for a certain rescue organisation.  >:(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 09:57:14 AM »
Poor little Angel :( no wonder she is so stressed by past events, this women sounds a complete :censored:,and he must be a wimp to allow her to tell him whats what,im afraid if it was me it would be love me love my cats if not theres the door >:( I do hope that she is now begining to relax a bit and that your managing to get some much need sleep,sending some calming vibes for Angel :hug: :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 00:22:40 AM »
I've known one or two cases where they didn't do the spay properly. They can't get pregnant but can still call.

Poor mite, though.  :( I pity people who don't love animals enough to see what distress they go through being denied simple things like sleeping with their beloved owners. She must have such a cold, cold heart!  >:( But how can anyone actually fall in love with someone so cold?  :shy: Maybe she needs the bedroom to herself to display her own skills?  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 19:22:49 PM »
Poor thing  :(
Theres a small chance a bit was missed when she was spayed, if she doesnt change then its something to think about!

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 18:27:27 PM »
I suppose it makes it a litle bit easier, knowing she has been through that. It would still  :censored: me off in the middle of the night though ....  I remember nights sitting up with wailing banshee-cats. 
When we first had Mr T full time he fussed all through the night - his new "security blanket" - namely me - had gone and left him.  WAHHHHHH!  I spent several nights trying to sleep with him, on the sofa.  So you have my full sympathy, for what thats worth :-: 

He is better than he was - have you tried the night time Rescue Remedy?  Its helped Mr T. 
People Power Works!!!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 18:03:37 PM »
Well, I called the ex owners lady friend this morning and the more I hear the more I dislike what has gone on. Angel likes to drink from running water and will sit in the bath wating for the taps to be turned on. Before rehoming her to this chap, I told him that and advised to buy a water fountain for her. The new lady in his life decides that Angel is not drinking from the taps and will not be having a water fountain, so Angel has to make do with still water from a bowl. Angel likes to sleep on the bottom of the bed, she did so for the 6 months that I had her last year, the new owner knew this and accepted this. However the new lady in his life decides that this is not acceptable and poor Angel is suddenly shut away from the man she adores and made to spend the nights downstairs alone.

So top that with 4 house moves in 6 months, a child that would not leave her alone and lord knows what else that went on because angel could not be herself, no wonder she is so stressed. When I told the vet what went on you could see that he was not chuffed either.

She has had a clean bill of health and he reckons it is stress as the poor babes could not be allowed to act natrually and what looks like may only be small changes have to her had a profound effect.

I have bought a water fountain which she enjoys drinking from, managed to do some T Touch tonight and she is now relaxed enough to doze on my bed. So heres hoping!

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 15:14:55 PM »
I ,m afraid i cant think of anything constructive to tell you  :doh:my oldie George yowls in the night and the day time as well ,but all i do is call to him and he settles down again,i think with his age and reduced eyesight he just wants reassurance that im still there, hope it goes okay at the vets and they can help her poor little mite :Luv: altho i should think she was called something else last night ;) ;)

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 12:04:35 PM »
Nope, not calling been speyed. Just being a right royal pain in the  :bum:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 11:49:49 AM »
She's not in season is she? I had one that went on for a week - got her down the vets very quickly!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »
Fingers crossed that she settles down soon, I know how you feel with a yowling cat, it is the downside to fostering in your own home.
Please spay your cat

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »
'Fraid not, last night was awful and I can safely say was the worst night ever. Got her booked in at the vets for this PM to rule out anything medical such as thyroid, pain, kidneys etc. We can then take it from there, the feliway spray has done naff all to calm her, hope the plug ins come today.

I was up at 4am with her to check that she had everything she needed and nothing was amiss, even left a light on for her. Left our bedroom door open so she can come in and hopefully settle with us, that does not work either. At 7am I was so racked off with her I threw a copy of Your Cat at her retreating rear out of sheer frustration. I am well aware that you should ignore negative behaviour, but after three nights on about 2 hours a night I can say it was justified your honour!  :evillaugh:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 08:51:12 AM »
Just wondered how this little one is today,hopefully she has calmed down a little bit ,giving you some respite from her singing :hug:

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 23:09:40 PM »
see, that's the other thing I don't get.

when I was little, the one and only time I ever tried to pull one of Nana's cats around I got scratched - big time, across the cheek.

Nana said it was my own fault, I shouldn't have been doing that - and you know what - never did it again....

more calming vibes being sent

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 16:43:57 PM »
Poor l;ittle mite, some people just have no idea do they >:( it sounds as if the kids have been pulling her around and she has tried to get away or scratched them so its GET RID , she must be so traumatised by all this :Luv: i hope she scratched and bit them hard, :censored: hopefully once she realises that she hasnt got this to contend with anymore she will calm down. sending some calming vibes to help and hugs for you :hug: :hug:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 13:16:56 PM »
Well, she is still going strong, but at least allowing some respite inbetween instead of the all out we have had since Weds, when I don't think she even breathed in between yowls.

Feliway has been applied round doors and windows and some on the stairs where she likes to give it her all as I think the accosutics may be better!  :rofl:
Tried some T Touch and she said get lost, so may try it later if and when she calms down a bit more. Glad I am working from home as I am so tired, but then again going into the office would have provided a break from the singing.

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 13:03:58 PM »
I'm also not sure whether to be angry at the people who would do that to a living breathing animal, or sad for the poor wee thing.

Some of the cats I've had have been traumatised, including one of the ones we have now (hates to be shut in a room, scratches to be let out so hard I used to worry he'd do himself damage (he's calmed down now, not that he ever gets shut in unless it's by accident)), so I know what you're going through.  And how can you have a cat with all those symptoms without being worried sick???  Yet another case of people regarding cats as posessions rather than family members.  GRRR   :(

Getting more certain that you should have to pass an exam to be allowed pets.

I actually came close to slapping a friend once, because she made her (now) husband "get rid" (her words) of his cat when she got pregnant (she didn't even live with him at that point).  I know all the hygiene rules to do with cats and pregnancy, but my Nana (who brought me up) raised four kids (if you count me) and always had cats and dogs and birds and a multitude of other animals around the place.

But then I suppose the parents would have to control their kids if there were animals around.

Poor darling's better off with you.  Really hope she gets over it soon.  And that you find somebody for her who deserves her.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:01:37 AM »
Poor, poor little cat.  Im not sure what emotion is uppermost - anger that anyone could do that to her or sadness for her - and you of course!  No fun coping with a traumatised cat.  its been a good few years since I fostered but I well remember the distress when a cat came back for those sorts of reasons .....  I wish I had room for another  :(   :hug: :hug: :hug:  for you and hoping puss settles down a bit soon.
People Power Works!!!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
I am so tired
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »
Took in a rehome on Weds. A little girl that I had rehomed to what I thought was her 4ever home.  >:( The chap that had her moved in with a woman who has a two year old child. No muggins here has raised three kids with cats and always taught the kids to respect the cats. Not rocket science, a tap from the cat and a tap from mummy for teasing the cat and trust me my three caught on quite quickly. So I think you can suss the reasons why she was returned.

Anyway what has come back is not what left here 6 months ago. Poor baby is clearly traumatised. She has spent the last 48 hours day and night yowling at doors and windows trying to get out. This is strange in itself as she is an indoor cat and does not like to go out. When she was last here, she was offered the chance to go out and would may be have a potter for 10 minutes or so then come back in. Even in her new home she wnated to stay in.

She has lost weight and when they dropped her off, only then was it mentioned about her continual vomiting and not using her tray. Since being in though she has shown no signs of either. All good indicators of stress me thinks. The family has had little sleep over the past two nights, my son is in the middle of his GCSE modules and is shattered.

I have sprayed around the doorframes and windows with Feliway, will get some rescue remedy today and order some feliway diffusers. I popped her in the cat room but she wrecked the carpet trying to get thru the door on her first night and was clealry more upset by being confined than allowed to wander, which indicates to me that she has been locked in somewhere before probably. She has upset all my own cats with her yowling, my other foster jumped on me at 5am looking for reassurance as he is freaked out by her.

I will try a bit of T Touch later see if that helps, but a vet visit will be on the cards if she does not settle soon to eliminate Thryroid issues etc.

I am so racked off we spent months on that girl getting her ready for rehoming last time and she left here a confident happy lady and has come back a wreck.  :shocked:

Link to CatChat