Author Topic: My 1st foster kittens go to new homes on thursday!!NOW WITH PICS!!  (Read 3489 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: My 1st foster kittens go to new homes on thursday!!NOW WITH PICS!!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »
I'm sure they are all running riot in their new homes bless them.   I know what you mean about being upset at them going. Some I am very bad for, normally my hand rears and others I do have a wee pang of sadness at them going but also happy that they are going to great homes where they will be happy.

NO matter how many cats we have here the house always seems SO quiet when the little one's go.  Little Eve left us yesterday and the house has been dead since! 

I'm sure it won't be long before the next lot arrive and in the meantime mummy's will be very happy to have some peace and quiet! lol
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 07:55:01 AM »
they are all gorgeous  :Luv2: good luck for the mums xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 10:12:41 AM »
Fingers crossed that the mums aren't waiting too long.
Please spay your cat

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »
Well they all went yesterday :( But im ok and really pleased they have gone to lovely homes :) My children werent so happy, my youngest daughter started crying but soon calmed down when offered a jaffa cake. Thats the power of chocie biscuits with 4 year olds theyre great :evillaugh:
Just been giving mummy lots of fuss today but she doesnt seem to bothered. Just need to find her and Tara loving homes now and ill be happy :Luv:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »
As much as I adore the challenge of fostering queens and babies, I am always so glad when they have gone, but it does not stop me gulping back the tears when I wave goodbye.  :'(. But then John and I sit there listening to an empty house and missing the the thump, thump down the stairs from a dozen or so little paws and then before you know it we start all over again. We still miss Tiny Tim who we fostered nearly two years ago!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
AWWWWWWWW bless them  :Luv: :Luv: they are simply GORGEOUS.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
They are all gorgeous and nice to see mine aren't the only lot who like to sleep on the top of their little house bed  :rofl:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »
Thanks. I wasnt upset when my 1st foster cat went, he was a lovely 1 year old long haired black and white boy. He went to a lovely couple and we get catch up texts and christmas cards etc. It helps when you see how happy both the cat and the new owners are. Thats why im fighting the urge to have any more of my own because i wont be able to foster anymore if i do and i enjoy fostering so much. And at least when the kittens go my husband may stop bending my ear on how many cats i have. And i still have Lollie and Tara to love until they find new homes and of course my two babies Pongo and Purdy. And as you say im sure it wont be long until there is more coming in.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 22:05:53 PM »
Good luck with homes - I rarely get upset at my fosters going, cos you know it is going to be a fab home, and sadly there is never too much of a wait for the next needy cat (although most of the time I am just pleased to get my numbers down a bit!!). There is also the chance to make a new friend with the owners as well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 16:25:04 PM »
What a gorgeous family,  :1st place: on finding forever homes for them  :)  Hope Lollie and tara find their forever homes soon  ;D

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 16:04:03 PM »
:rofl:  they are cute though....  think the top of the bed often seems to be a better option for some!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 15:02:41 PM »
 :rofl:
it's that special covcat photography training course we all go on.

I remember posting a series of about 7 photos and the most I ever got on was a tail - lovely pictures of empty chairs and stairs

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 14:48:29 PM »
Why is it after you spend ages following them around trying to take a nice photo of them before they jump out the way and all you get is the floor or a blurred pic of their back end :tired:. The moment you give up put the camera away you walk back in the room to find them all fast alseep and looking very cute :Luv:
So had to take another pic :)

And no matter what i do none of my cats or my foster cats/kittens will sleep in their nice new beds they prefer on top :doh:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 14:25:37 PM »
What gorgous kitties   :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :  ,i love the little tabby and white one , reminds me of Snuggs when she was a baby, :Luv2: :Luv2: seems so long ago now
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
Re: My 1st foster kittens go to new homes on thursday!!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 14:11:04 PM »
Last couple of pics

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 14:09:05 PM »
And mummy Lollie and Tara

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 14:06:52 PM »
Right after trying to play with photos i had already i cant work out how to make them small enough. So reset camera and two lots of new batteries :-: .Ive tried to take some more pics. When resetting it seemed to make it take ages to take photo so sorry some are abit blurred.
But heah ho here they are :Luv2:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 13:47:00 PM »
Its always sad to see them go but the satisfaction of knowing you have helped them out ways the sadness :Luv: and then you start all over again giving some other waif and stray the chance of a better life :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
My 1st foster kittens go to new homes on thursday!!NOW WITH PICS!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 13:19:34 PM »
My second time with fosterering and i pick up Mum (Lollie) and 3 2 week old kittens and Tara a 6 month old who we think may be from a previous litter. Their owner died and the lady trying to rehome them had put them on Pr****ed with mum at 2 days old!! The kittens are now 9 weeks old and have new homes to go to. My kids named them ginger one Max (soon to be fudge at new home) Black/grey and white George (soon to be smudge cos of the lovely smudge on his chin) and the tabby and white one Freddy who is keeping his name and going to a family friend so i will still get to see him. Max and George are going to a lovely home together. Im sooo surprised i didnt adopt one myself but if i have anymore of my own my OH wont let me foster so i have to fight the urge. Mum is 3 and is dark tortie but is as small as Tara (6 months) who is ginger and black and white. Both gorgeous cats esp mum who follows me everywhere. Booked into be spayed. They are both still looking for homes.Im going to miss them LOADS!
I cant seem to get piccie on as says its too big. Im not good with computers so will have a play and see if it will work
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 14:13:10 PM by Karen-covcats »

Link to CatChat