Author Topic: Some people are soooooo stupid  (Read 4659 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Some people are soooooo stupid
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 11:47:44 AM »
Glad the adverts disappeared Angie. I had a similiar email when trying to inform a girl who was rehoming an unspayed female (I've pasted it on the end of my post) that she would be making the process safer for her girl if she had her spayed first.

2d, I don't think you were being "catty" :evillaugh: I find myself chuckling at things like that too.

Hopefully these girls won't be turned into breeding machines.

One of the ranty emails I received:

"Who do you think you are emailing people telling them if they dont spay their cats they will get cancer and all sorts?? As I said, its peoples own decision whether to spay or not...when people are forced into rehoming their pets the last thing they need is this! If you want to forward on information on getting your pet spayed fair enough, but to do it in such a way to make people feel like they mustn';t love their pets if they don't is rather offensive. It is not your place to put judgement on peoples decisions... or to condemn them for what they decide. If you hadn't emailed me all that crap like you did I probably would have been more open to the idea, but what I don't like is feeling like Im being pushed into something... so perhaps you should keep that in  mind when forcing your oppinions onto people who are just trying to rehome their pets."

Oddly, just a week or so previous I'd given this person info on spaying vouchers from the CP and they'd seemed happy of the knowledge. I didn't realise it was the same person I was responding to until they mentioned it. (Hence keeping emails!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
Only just spotted this thread...  :innocent:

Sharon saw this ad herself and request I have a word, so yesterday I fired a wee salvo or two at this woman myself. Totally unware Karen was already in there fighting for commonsense. :boxer: My letter wasn't deemed worthy of a reply from Mrs Feline-Earthmother, but I did make the point that although her moggies looked nice, we're drowning in moggies of all shapes and sizes here and if she'd another dozen or so I do special rates for bulk buys...  :evillaugh:

I wonder just how many rescue reps saw the ad and were also having a pop? Talk about an easy way to become an instant villian! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »

By the way, could someone enlighten me about the 'covcats'?????
[/quote]

Angie and I are both members of Coventry cat group so hence the covcats?

This woman goes on about animals right to have babies but they are still babies themselves at 10 months. Just because they can get pregnant now doesnt mean they should. Does she think just because a teenage girl can get pregnant she should!!! Stupid woman still makes me  >:(

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »
her mother should have been neutered  :tired:

Maybe someone advertised to find a male human for said mother. Wouldn't want to take any rights away now would we?
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 00:54:15 AM »
She sounds like the sort of ignorant pikey that should be neutered herself!  - I take that back - her mother should have been neutered  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 23:40:57 PM »
Complete moron.

They really don't ban enough people from keeping animals...

We are allowing our girls to mate because it is cruel to take away any animals right to have children weather it is a medical fact or not!

good god, talk about humanisation - I know that cats are as important as people, and having just lost one, I feel like I've lost a person.  But surely humanising them in this way shows a complete lack of understanding of cats, and can only hurt the poor things?

self riotous

although serious (and this woman should be stopped), this did make me  :evillaugh:  .  Now if you're going to use big words you should really use the right one, dear...*     What an idiot.

*Apologies if I'm being to 'catty'.   ;)

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 22:47:37 PM »
 :boxer: That stoooopid woman has made me soooo :mad2:! (Mind you, she's saved us a helluva job, in that she doesn't have anything for us to attack with those blunt secateurs!).

Well done, Angie, you did a grand job there......shame she :see: or :notlisten:

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
By the way, could someone enlighten me about the 'covcats'?????
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 00:20:16 AM by Mitramonday »

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 21:15:06 PM »
Well done Angie, and at least she ahs taken advert off . I dont know how they think they have taken care of their girls with this person who has been a breeder for years. As they only put the advert on yesterday how do they have time to look into any person who has answered their advert. They have just taken the word of a complete stranger. Oh her email to you made me even more angry. >:(
I think your response was great as i probably wouldnt be able to stop myself from sending back
 "you stupid:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:"

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 20:56:11 PM »
I email the lady and was quite polite and just mentioned kittens and fiv/felv and she has replied.....

I am sorry you feel this way.

I have taken every precaution to make sure my girls are safe with a person who has been a breeder for years & her cat is clear of any of the feline illnesses our girls have also had their jabs.

We are allowing our girls to mate because it is cruel to take away any animals right to have children weather it is a medical fact or not! People like you don't seem to think what you are doing before you type I deal with your type everyday where I work. Annoying & upsetting people is a sure way to make sure people like me ignore arrogant nasty people like you & before you start getting all self riotous about your beliefs consider other peoples feelings & the way you deal with people a simple message being a bit more thoughtful instead of a full on attack when all the kittens born will be loved by my family & not sold to any tom dick or harry on a website like preloved! think about the reason why you sent this hateful message in the first place & consider did you do the right thing or weather you are just having a crap day & felt like taking it out on a stranger.

I do not expect to hear from you again via email or preloved I will be also reporting your message to preloved

to which I have replied -

Thanks for replying. I didn't realise I had been offensive in my email but just wanted to remind you of the health risks associated with breeding.As for people like me, if you see how many cats and kittens we have that are homeless, I'm sure you would appreciate our point of view. Sadly there are not enough homes to go around for all the cats and, having made your decision to have more kittens, it means that there are 20 less places. I have complained to preloved about your advert as well. Take care, Angie

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 20:47:14 PM »
I set a complaint to preloved and have received this reply.

Hello Angie,

Many thanks for your comments.

In general, I do want to say that we do share your concerns. We do  put a lot of work to ensure the advertising of animals is handled as responsibly as possible.

For example, we screen all animal adverts to ensure they are not being sold at too young an age, check that they are not controlled under dangerous dogs legislation, check they are not listed as a dangerous wild animals, check they are not an endangered species, check  they have not been illegally docked, check it is not one of the many scams coming from Africa, prevent people swapping animals and more. We believe that we go further than any other similar sites in enforcing such requirements.

However, I'm sure you will understand that there is a limit to what we are able to enforce and control and unfortunately I believe the issue you raise falls outside of these limits.

That said, I would be very happy to forward on to this member any constructive advice that you have. Our experience is that given the right knowledge the vast majority of owners are keen to do the best for their animals.

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 20:42:08 PM »
Right well i just went to look for it again to get email and i cant find it! Cos i emailed him through site i have no record of it. Lets hope he has actually paid attention to what i said and took it off and not that he got contacted by some idiot with a tom

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 19:56:27 PM »
Dunno if we're allowed to do this on Purrs - but can you give us the e-mail address Karen? I think us bombarding them with messages, whilst it may not prove as effective, may be slightly more legal (if rather less satisfying :evillaugh:) than the blunt secateurs (they'd have to be SMALL ones.....like nail scissors? :evillaugh:)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 19:35:47 PM »
I can add a burnt wooden spoon and a pair of blunt secateurs to my surgical equipment.  . . . . .

Edited for typos!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 21:11:42 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 19:14:36 PM »
As Dawn has said - is there no way these stupid,  :censored: 'people' (?) can have their  :censored: kicked - or cut off?! We advocate it for our beautiful cats - and these so-called 'intelligent' people are far more deserving (pref. without anaesthetic :rofl:).
Seriously, though - could someone/all of us inundate their advert with suitable replies???!!!

I did send them a email and even though i thought they were :censored: :censored: I managed to be very polite explaining all the reasons why he shouldnt do this. But i have had no reply so i can imagine it was totally ignored >:(
So i vote back to plan b and the blunt edged plastic tea spoon :naughty:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 19:02:40 PM »
 :rofl:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 18:57:16 PM »
Dunno if I could bear to get that close -  :sick: - but I'll offer to hold 'em down for you (the 'person' that is, not the  :censored:!)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 18:34:13 PM »
It wouldnt be the first time that Ive offered my services to help castrate someone with a blunt edged plastic tea spoon ...... (never yet put it into practice but .......)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 18:21:24 PM »
As Dawn has said - is there no way these stupid,  :censored: 'people' (?) can have their  :censored: kicked - or cut off?! We advocate it for our beautiful cats - and these so-called 'intelligent' people are far more deserving (pref. without anaesthetic :rofl:).
Seriously, though - could someone/all of us inundate their advert with suitable replies???!!!

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 17:57:57 PM »
I hadnt realised how violently I reacted to such stupidity until I realised that like I wanted to kick the   :censored: out of the idiots who think cats are kitten-factories .....    Poor little cats - they deserve better  :(
People Power Works!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »
they obviously need educating!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
is it not moderated, surely nobody could condone this, it must be able to be removed?????

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »
goodness me! :shocked: So that's what, another 20 or so kittens that the world doesn't need and that could easily be stopped by spaying. >:(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »
unbelievable

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
Some people are soooooo stupid
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
I wasnt sure where to put this. But so annoyed i had to rant! Just saw a advert (not good with computers so dont know how to do a link) on pr****ed

Wanted
Tom Cat Urgently Required!!!!!!!!!!!

Description
Four beautiful 10 month old, in heat females, in need of a good man to help make the next generation this is very urgent as we would like them to have kittens before we have them spayed. In Essex / Suffolk would be an added bonus. Picture of our females Satsu, Chiyo, Hatsumomo & Sakura

Can you believe it,  :censored: :censored: :censored:

Ok rant over feel better now. No actually id feel better if i could knock some sense into this person >:(

Link to CatChat