Author Topic: Cat in bad way just arrived!  (Read 28759 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Cat in bad way just arrived!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 13:55:38 PM »
Poor little storm :Luv: she must have been in considerable pain,lets hope that the outcome is bright for her and she makes a complete recovery  :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 13:49:29 PM »
poor baby, hope she makes a quick recovery.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 13:43:54 PM »
Poor little soul.  She must've been in a lot of pain.  Let's hope the outcome will be a positive one, whichever route has to be chosen re surgery etc.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 13:39:23 PM »
thanks guys! :hug:

Well, I finally managed to get through to the vets.  Oor wee Storm it would seem in the vets opinion has received her injuries as a result of an RTA!   :'(

They took the option to knock her out this morning as she was in a lot of pain with her leg and to ensure that she was as relaxed as possible to enable manipulation of the leg.  Result of the first x-ray is that her left hip was most definately dislocated.  :( On examining her fully whilst under they also discovered another open wound which has led them to believe that the cat is most likely an RTA case.   :(   >:(

Post manipulation x-rays however have shown that although they have managed to get the hip back into place it is not stable and keeps wanting to 'pop' out.  So they want to keep her in and monitor her leg today and overnight with a view to assessing her in the morning.

The likely outcome at the moment is that she will require surgery of some description to put the hip back in place but a decision regarding this and the options ahead will be made in the morning after giving her 24 hours rest.

She is eating and they seem generally happy with her although have said she is still in a lot of pain and she is continung on her strong pain killers.

So will just have to keep all fingers and toes crossed that after all she has been through already that she does not have to go through surgery as well although I have a feeling (from what they are saying) that it is already a given!

:(
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 13:29:34 PM »
All fingers and Paws crossed for Storm here at the Clan Cats and a little  :hug: from our Storm to yours
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 10:58:32 AM »
Fingers crossed for good news :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 10:12:02 AM »
we've had no news yet so are working on the theory of no news is good news!!!!

I've to call in at lunchtime and see what the results are of the xrays and how she is doing so we're currently clock watching and hoping that we will be able to know where to go from here. :wish:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 09:01:08 AM »
Thinking of Storm this morning and sending positive vibes that she had a good night and that they came help her today :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »
Sending positive vibes for Storm.  Hope she can be sorted out and on the road to recovery very soon.   :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »
How is Storm today?

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 00:54:32 AM »
I do so hope she pulls through.
 :wish:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 20:18:48 PM »
We had a similar end to last year, with strays in bad condition, and again, it was unusual for us to have so many in one go. Fingers crossed for all the poorly rescue cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 18:54:49 PM »
Beggers belief that someone could watch an animal in obvious pain and difficulties suffer :censored: i will never understand the human race, we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers, dont know where they get that from >:(

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 18:48:10 PM »
It is a combo of ignorance and a selfish attitude. People do not seem to realise that cats have feelings. Nicko had been in someones garden for weeks, but the bloke does not like cats so he and his neighbours all who had seen him around ignored his plight and quite happily let him starve. He only called us in, because the cat had stopped moving and he was worried about a corpse on his hands!  :censored:
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 18:41:44 PM »
It makes me wonder if people are just plain ignorant or once the novelty,s worn off they just dont care what becomes of them >:( and leave them for someone else to pick up the pieces

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 18:38:59 PM »
Hope Nicko goes on okay at the vets tomorrow and that they can help him :Luv: is it me or does there seem to be a glut of injured cats and kittens at the moment ????         

Well in the month of December I took in three cats that were in a dreadful state one way or another. Does not seem a lot, but normally may only take in this amount of poorly pusses in a year! All three of these were due to peoples ignorance and ignoring the poor cats plight!

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 18:31:02 PM »
Hope Nicko goes on okay at the vets tomorrow and that they can help him :Luv: is it me or does there seem to be a glut of injured cats and kittens at the moment ????         

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 17:07:23 PM »
Currently nursing a stray lad that came in just before New Year. He was minus claws and scuffing to the rest. He held his leg at a strange angle as well and it transpires that he has ruptured his cruciates on his right knee, so is seeing a speciailist tomorrow for possible reconstruction. Both me and the vey missed it intially as we were dealing with his dehydration, starvation, corneal ulcers and all over naff condition. Touch and go, but we are getting there.

Called him Nicko as we got to him in the Nick o' time. So good vibes from Nick, me and the rest of the feline troops.  :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 14:31:13 PM »
Finger crossed for little Storm, she is very lucky to have found you. :hug:

Sending lots more positive vibes for her.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 13:31:53 PM »
fingers crossed she is well enough tomorrow to have the x-rays and that something can be done to help her,she is so lucky to have found you as she will now get the best of care  :Luv: hopefully now she is on stronger medication she will settle and not be so stressed by all this  poor little thing :Luv2: and we all hope for an optimistic outcome for her  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 11:43:19 AM »
I hope Storm keeps improving and all is well tomorrow

Our Storm all 5lbs wet through of bengal feralness is sending get well vibes for her namesake :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
Fingers crossed for her, at least she is with you now, and will get the best care.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »
thats us back from the vets where we've had to leave little Storm for now.

She is in a lot of pain and vet wants to keep her in and on stronger pain meds and keep an eye on how she does overnight continuing to get fluids into her.

Plan is sedate her tomorrow morning for a full x-ray to see the extent of the damage which may or may not be a dislocation and go from there.  We are to call in around lunchtime tomorrow to get the results and see where we go from here.

we have all fingers and paws crossed here for her. Its so horrible to see her in so much pain but we are doing what we can for her and just have to hope that tomorrow brings an optimistic outcome! :scared:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 09:14:09 AM »
poor kitty  :(
sendng best wshes to Storm, hope all goes well at vets

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 09:06:47 AM »
on way to the vets now and will report more when we get back!  fingers crossed! :scared:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »
Im so glad she has taken the fluids overnight and fingers crossed that the vets can help her poor little mite im praying he can as she deserves it after the trauma shes been through, sending some healing vibes hoping they help as well :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »
hi guys,

just to let you know that little Storm had an OK night and took in a good amount of fluids for us so her hydration levels are a lot better this morning.  ;) Will be putting a call into the vet very shortly hopefully to arrange getting her x-rayed, and go from there.   :scared:

Poor wee mite is very very sore this morning and seems to have difficulty standing.

Will report more as soon as I know  fingers and paws crossed here for her  :um:  :wish:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 23:55:17 PM »
The poor littl mite. I hope she's ok.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 23:26:22 PM »
Sending positive vibes for little Storm, poor little girl. If she was involve in RTA today she might still be in shock.

Finger crossed for her. :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 22:48:03 PM »
Im so glad to hear she is taking some fluid and a little bit of food,poor darling must be so scared   :Luv:    but at least shes in good hands now, fingers crossed shes okay to go to the vets tomorrow  :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 22:41:03 PM »
hi guys,

Storm does sound like a good name actually and she suits it being a torbie!  :Luv2:

She has taken on some fluids voluntarily which is good and have mixed in with the likes of Tuna etc to make sure she has a bit of variety.   The downfall is we have to stay with her or else she stops even though she is clearly very hungry.  But her dehydration is improving and that is the main thing.  Earlier a pinch wasn't bouncing back at all... at least now it is slowly edging back... but its improvement!   ;)  Although she is adament she is staying in the litter box and not coming out for anyone.... but then its really not uncommon for us to see this in cats that are unwell / injured.

Her rear left side is affected and is sticking out at any angle at the knee so could be the top of the leg / hip /pelvis I suppose. Bit hard to describe to be honest. She is comfortable for now but is obviously very sore too and not putting any weight through that leg.  There are no other obvious injuries or at the claws madas....  but in honesty if it was a car I think its been a glancing blow to her hind quarters although I'm not 100% convinced that it necessarily happened today... but obviously the vet will know better hopefully and our job for now is to stabilise her.

me and OH will be taking it in turns through the night to check on her and hopefully in the morning we can get her into the vet to see exactly what is going on.  I've to phone the vet in the morning to inform him of her progress before doing anything just to ensure she is stable enough to cope with the journey and the treatment.  if need be we will be able to make arrangements to have her put on a IV tomorrow but I'm hoping that won't be necessary and she will help herself tonight with fluids.

I have passed along all the wishes and fusses and little Storm says thank you  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 22:17:11 PM »
Sending lots of love and get well soon vibes :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 22:05:52 PM »
Do her claws look shredded, suggesting a road traffic accident?

Please giver her a gentle fuss from me.    :Luv:
Coventry Cat Group

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 21:37:29 PM »
Sending the little one lots of healing vibes, hope she starts to recover soon. I like the name Storm good idea Liz :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 20:57:22 PM »
Poor baby, hope the fluids and metacam help, and that the vet visit goes well  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 20:46:45 PM »
Wishing her well, come on sweetheart, we love and care for you.
 :wish:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 20:40:36 PM »
Poor little thing.  Hope she has a good night and good luck with the x-rays.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 20:38:44 PM »
Poor little darling ,i know what i would like to do with the  :censored: who did this. >:( I do hope she responds to treatment and recovers enough to go to the vet. sending lots of healing vibes for her recovery  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 20:33:00 PM »
I do hope she will be ok

:censored:would do to the nasty folks that hurt her

Good luck with the monitoring - what with the winds tonight perhaps she can be called Storm

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
Cat in bad way just arrived!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 20:30:52 PM »
We've just had a young cat arrive with us tonight who is in a bad way so can you please send her some positive vibes.  :hug:

The little one is a gorgeous little girl in poor condition and suffering from dehydration and some form of injury to her hind quarters.  Have just checked in with the vet and have given her some Metacam to help with the pain and am getting fluids into her to try to stabilise her prior to getting her in for x-rays and or possible splinting of the leg which she appears to have damaged somehow.  No open wounds so could be from a strike of some sorts.

We'll keep monitoring her through the night with fluids and keep fingers crossed she is fairing better in the morning. 

Link to CatChat