Author Topic: Stray at OH's mums work  (Read 3055 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Stray at OH's mums work
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 14:06:46 PM »
No problem, will work out what I'm up to over the next few days and let you know.  Bit busy at the mo, Pippa and DC off to new home tonight and Stella has just moved downstairs to avoid the wrath of McLaren :shocked:

With regard to Kitty, could try the paper collar with your mum's telephone number on asking any owner to contact her so she can confirm kitty has home.  Has she always been "large" or is that just recent?  Pregnancy could be the cause if she is a stray.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 13:49:55 PM »
Well certainly let me know next time you're heading up to PAH and I'll definitely come and meet you if I'm free, or you could pop in and meet the girls if you're passing Whiteley Junction sometime! I'd come down to yours next week but I don't get paid til Fri and money for petrol or anything else will be tighter than a very tight thing until then as OH's wonderful bank removed his overdraft with absolutely no warning last week!!!

Does anyone have any good ideas about the next best step with Kitty? OH's mum says she's 'well fed', which I'm hoping doesn't mean pregnant, could mean that she has a home somewhere or just that she gets fed at lots of places because she's such a sweetie! If she did turn out to be a stray, I think theres a good chance that OH's mum might take her on.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
No probs, just let me know when and where and I will try and accommodate, - of course, you can come for kitty cuddles if you want, but otherwise I can meet you somewhere convenient to you - PAH perhaps  :rofl:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 20:10:20 PM »
Little update - Kitty was scanned last week and doesn't have a chip  :(

Lesley - I've got your scanner again now so we'll have to sort out a meet-up so you can have it back.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
Good timing then! I know definitely not Wednesday but I'll get back to you on a definite.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
One evening next week will be fine, Mike is in Sheffield all next week, so just let me know which day. :Luv2:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 10:52:10 AM »
I expect I could come down one evening next week if you're around, unfortunately the rest of this weeks evenings are going to be taken up with private web work, got several projects on the go at once at the mo!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »
No problems, just let me know if you want to come and get it or maybe I could meet you somewhere to do a handover, whichever is best for you.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 19:24:14 PM »
That might be good Lesley, I should be able to get over there on a lunch break to see kitty and scan her.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 16:19:53 PM »
Bryony, I have a scanner if you wanted to borrow it to scan her with.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:16:02 AM »
Scan for a microchip, contact local vets and rescues in case she has been reported missing.
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 21:54:49 PM »
Paper collar, thats quite a good idea, although I guess theres always the chance of it coming off before it gets seen, so I suppose she would have to give this a few tries if she didn't hear anything.

Personally i would buy a safety collar with a barrel tag ...that way you can put a phone number inside it

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 19:24:19 PM »
Try a paper collar and posters and also get her to a vet for scanning, you might have someones lost kitty  ;D

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 16:57:29 PM »
Paper collar, thats quite a good idea, although I guess theres always the chance of it coming off before it gets seen, so I suppose she would have to give this a few tries if she didn't hear anything.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 16:51:05 PM »
A paper collar or a saftey collar with someone's details....that way if their is an owner i am sure they will get intouch

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Stray at OH's mums work
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 16:40:13 PM »
For a few weeks now OH's Mum has been talking about a cat that seems to live at her workplace. She (they think) is always there first thing in the mornings, when the first person comes through the front door, in she trots, a lot of the time she will just settle down out the back in an office no-one ever uses. They feed her occaisionly but not on a regular basis. She says that the cat isn't really underweight but at the same time, she is very friendly so could just be getting food at various nice peoples houses.

She is starting to get worried as the cat is always there and I think she's got a bit attached. She was saying yesterday that she picked her up (she's never had cats and isn't really used to them especially picking them up) but the cat was good as gold and just purred in her ear! She was asking what the best way was to see if she actually has a home somewhere, as she has no collar and is always either in or outside of her workplace when its open.

Link to CatChat