Author Topic: possibly pregnant cat on freeads  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: possibly pregnant cat on freeads
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 19:21:46 PM »
Don't worry too much about her - perhaps another rescue took her in. Also a lot of these cats are advertised as pregnant when they are not - some people think the pregnancy is a bonus point and will help rehome the cat.

I'm sure all the rescues on here will also tell you that pregnancy is also used to 'bump' a cat into a rescue as well. I think we probably all have our pregnant male story.....

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 19:12:14 PM »
 :thanks: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 19:07:11 PM »
Well done for trying Beth. :cuddle:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 18:53:17 PM »
I hope so too, Beth.  You did what you could  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 18:51:20 PM »
 :tired: She's already been rehomed. I do hope for her and her kittens sakes that her new owners are more knowledgable. :(

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 18:47:32 PM »
We have some reliable members down there.  Go get her - I'm sure we'll be able to arrange the back-up  :hug:

I'll ring now, thank you :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 18:46:23 PM »
We have some reliable members down there.  Go get her - I'm sure we'll be able to arrange the back-up  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 18:44:02 PM »
OK, where are you based, Beth?

Southampton area

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 18:39:26 PM »
OK, where are you based, Beth?

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
possibly pregnant cat on freeads
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 18:30:15 PM »
 :(

"Female long-haired black cat. We have just found out our 2 year old son is allergic to her so unfortunately we have to part with her.She is 18 months old. She is used to children and other cats. She likes to go outdoors so a home with a garden would be preferable. She has not been neutered. She has already had a litter of kittens 6 months ago, and may possibly be pregnant again, although we are unsure. She needs to go as soon as possible, so an immediate home would be an advantage. Please feel free to call if you have any queries."

I am very tempted to call and get her, and then try to get her potential kittens a rescue place. I'd be happy to foster her (and if all went smoothly keep her myself) but obviously wouldn't want to be landed with a litter of homeless kittens :shocked: without some sort of rescue back up... Any advice? Can't get the poor mite out of my head, she could so easily end up in the wrong home. :scared:

Link to CatChat