Author Topic: ignorance or neglect!  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: ignorance or neglect!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 16:01:20 PM »
I forgot all about the wind that goes with cloitis as well.  :sick:

Oh yes, I know all bout that one... :sick: When I got Pearl, her farts were absolutely TOXIC due to the worms in her system. CP had wormed her twice while in their care and I had to carry on treatment as she was so infested.

I'll never forget those farts; they would've been fantastic for chemical warfare. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Glad the little one is safe with you. Some people, honestly. >:(
Anyone remember the "Bog of Eternal Stench" from Labyrinth? - We thought we had discovered the source of it when we first took on Mr T .....Wormer (known lovingly here as a dose of bum-blaster!) sorted that one.  Plus a regular, sensible diet .
Mr T's original owner was intending to have him PTS because of his "tummy troubles" .....   I wonder how many cats are re-homed simply because people dont "do the homework" before having them. :(
People Power Works!!!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 14:19:02 PM »
Aww, the poor baby, I am glad she is safe now - never been asked to take one in that young to avoid pts fortunately, although we do have a 17wo who the lady couldnt cope with anymore due to biting - she had him from 6 wo, dealt with fleas, paid for vac's and now couldnt cope. HE is showing no signs of those issues in his foster home though
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 14:07:29 PM »
lol Dabs. This site has a few quirks, one of which is replacing certain unacceptable words of which C.hoc.olate is one. We all know what you mean tho. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 14:07:08 PM »
Glad that Tilly is safe with you.

If Bob Martin does not work, why is it on the market?

exactly! sad to think of other cats in the same situation just because because people have no idea  :(
anyway, great that this little one is getting the care she needs at last  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 14:01:32 PM »
I swore I put c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e Teapot!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 13:59:19 PM »
I have come across tales of cats nearly dying or have died to wormers and flea treatements purchased over the counter. Bob Martin is a repellant not a flea zapper, and it is about at useful as a chocolate teapot.

She has anal leakage now so cleaning up this morning was a delight. This may have been one of the reasons for the "Get rid" mentality from her owners. Did they ever stop and think that they were responsible!  :censored:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 21:51:21 PM »

To make the company more money I'd assume. Sadly, that's pretty much the be all and end all of most companies.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 21:12:34 PM »
Glad that Tilly is safe with you.

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 21:11:55 PM »
Aww bless. At least she's got a safe home with you Debs  :) Poor little thing, she didn't deserve that!  >:(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 20:46:26 PM »
She came in with the name Tilly which she answers to quite well. She is a confident nosey little madam that is already trying to get out of the cat room door to say hello to the rest of the troops. Her coat is a gorgeous black/brown colour and a semi longhair.

Photo's tomorrow.  :Luv2:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 19:28:23 PM »

Oh yes, I know all bout that one... :sick: When I got Pearl, her farts were absolutely TOXIC due to the worms in her system. CP had wormed her twice while in their care and I had to carry on treatment as she was so infested.

I'll never forget those farts; they would've been fantastic for chemical warfare. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Glad the little one is safe with you. Some people, honestly. >:(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 18:49:56 PM »
Both. I think it's terribly sad that more places don't highlight the dangers of shop bought treatments. Hope the little one is OK - what's her name, by the way?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 17:33:59 PM »
This just defies belief  >:( to want to pts any cat for that reason is bad enough, but a kitten - what IS wrong with these people >:(

Glad your vet got in touch with you and glad she is safe with you Dabs, I would love to know what the vet said to the people, I hope he gave them a piece of his mind!

Hope the wind dies down a bit soon  :evillaugh:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 17:28:29 PM »
Yep, we thought that they would be straight out to the nearest pet shop and probably cuddling a new kitten as we speak. Forgetting of course that it will still need looking after and fleaing and worming properly. The OH came to the vets with me this morning which is unusual as he normally has to be conscripted!  :rofl: He was upset at the state of her as well.

Think the window in the cat room will be on permanant vent!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 17:06:32 PM »
a combination of pig-ignorance and impatience I would say, with a fair dash of 'this is a bit like hard work' ... sadly they are now probably congratulating themselves that they did their best and 'oh what a terrible loss, where is the nearest pet shop' syndrome. Some people just can't work it out cos they just don't have the brains. Glad she is safe now though  :Luv:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
ignorance or neglect!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 16:49:13 PM »
Picked up from the vets this morning a little lass that is still only about 8-10 months old. She is still growing into her ears.  :Luv2:

Taken to the vets at the beginning of the week by her owners for PTS. Reasons being, treated her with Bob Martin spot on and supermarket wormers. Neither of them worked surprise surprise so a flea allergy where she has pulled her coat out and the trots from lord knows what which is now colitis, possibly due to poor diet or worms, they said "Can't cope, get rid". Vet calls us and after 4 days at vets she has now been discharged to our care. She is the sweetest, most in your face, give me love kinda cat that you have ever seen, but she is skin and bones.

She eats in that typical never been fed properly or had regular meals kinda way, takes her tablets like a dream and only had one poop since she came in this morning.

She is the reason why I rescue and she is the reason why I shout from the rooftops, supermarket stuff does not work, this is the end result!

Link to CatChat