Author Topic: We are still homing well.. Wonder if more people are staying at home xmas time!  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Best of luck for Daisy Sharon xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
No more inmates ...

Do you really think so?

We could all do with a break..!

I bet that is not likely to happen. ;D

Having said that I know when I am away Donna who usually takes the calls  has said there are very few on Christmas Day.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Rub it in, Sharon. Sure, Sally and I will man the fort...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Good to hear you are homing, fingers crossed you can get another couple homed before people go away
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
We are careful to give people the interrogation of homing a cat or kitten over Christmas, but so far just about all are young couples, retired people, people just moved in etc, etc... and we are still homing.

I am not homing kittens, but have had several requests for older cats. None sadly have worked out for blind daisy..

When i ask people their plans for Christmas most say they are at home, no parties or going away.. Low key affairs. Some of asking for feline company etc, so in my mind no reason not to rehome.. I am also grilling people on the cost involved with taking on a cat and asking if they can afford to.. Some have gone away to think about it, but most have given truthful accounts of current situation, so again no reason not to rehome.. Really difficult one lady has said she is willing to wait until after the Christmas break but has left a donation for puss cat and is waiting for him.

However, next week i am away so and so is our welfare officer and a few fosterers so thats going to be it I reckon. No more inmates and just concentrate on what we have in our care...We could all do with a break..!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 17:50:59 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat