Author Topic: For all rescues.....  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: For all rescues.....
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 16:11:22 PM »
Thanks Heather-kitty. We knew of this scheme and I know that Dogs Trust to advertise their dogs in our local store. I'm not tempted to put this forward to our committee myself as it might appear we condone the sale of companion pets instore and also PAH noticeboard is a notorious advert site for back street breeders who cause us 95% of our workload.  :tired:

The notice board and adoption areas are seperate, rescue posters have space near to the cages with rabbits/gerbils in who their owners 'didnt have space for' etc

PAH should police their boards a bit better and not allow these ready on xmas eve puppy ads  >:(

The voucher books are not so great, many coupons for products like sherleys worming syrup and bob martin spot ons  :tired:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
Thanks Heather-kitty. We knew of this scheme and I know that Dogs Trust to advertise their dogs in our local store. I'm not tempted to put this forward to our committee myself as it might appear we condone the sale of companion pets instore and also PAH noticeboard is a notorious advert site for back street breeders who cause us 95% of our workload.  :tired:

But any incentive to help rescues is good. I think the intentions are sincere but more thought needed on what kind of help they can offer.  :) Not sure how much influence you have but we'd be much, much happier to work hand in hand with PAH if they would take an active role helping us promote neutering and microchipping campaigns and making the general public aware of the tragedy of poor breeding and associated health problems.  ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:59:12 AM »
I just wish they would not sell pets,.

I have to agree on this, I was in on Saturday and my husband always says they looked well after - probably are but I find it difficult to look at them it always makes me sad to see animals for sale.  (Although obviously not your fault and your offer is probably benefitial for rescues  :))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:44:09 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »
when I went to HQ in March this was discussed, from what I understood you were going to be allowed a table - I've got the bumpf in my car I will check at lunchtime

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:47:04 AM »
I know two rescues that are further away from mine than we are that do it.

Our Local branch allows a rescue to have a bin who does no rescue in our town at all, yet won't allow us a bin.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I need to ring mine to find out if we can be on the rotation for a food bin and collection days, I know two rescues that are further away from mine than we are that do it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »
Thank you for the advice. CP HQ have advised branches about this and we have actually had a couple of stalls in our local shop. The problem is we are not actually enamoured with that particular shop, I just wish they would not sell pets, and that is all I will say on the subject, because I may get riled. I only go there when there is no alternative.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline heather-kitty

• Adult Cat
For all rescues.....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:53:11 AM »
I don't know if any of you guys who run rescues know, but at Pets at Home we have got a scheme where we work along side rescue centres. Basically, you can approach your local Pets at Home store and ask about the scheme. Once it is all set up you get books of money off vouchers with some great offers on to give out whenever you rehome a cat. As well as that you would be able to advertise your rescue in the store and do hold fundraising events in store.
I don't know if this will be any good for any of, and obviously you would have to approach your local pets at home store to ask about partnering up with them but I just thought I would make you all aware of the scheme!  ;D

Heather

Link to CatChat