Author Topic: Poor baby  (Read 5270 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Poor baby
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »
He doesnt - he will be going for bloods on Mon, and I hope the vet could feel it purely due to how thin he is, and that his thinness is just living as a stray. Nobody has rang reporting him yet, he is such a friendly, affectionate cat though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »
Blimey Desley - just been following Sam's story.  he certainly doesn't look as old as that, although not 7 months either.  What a little sweetie.  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 22:43:44 PM »
Aww bless him, he is so sweet. :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 21:19:21 PM »
I still dont think he looks like a 12yo - mind you, most of the cats here dont look their age, no one believes Zi is 18.5, nor do they believe Kiz is 10. I have managed to get him eating, which is good, and he is such a sweet little thing, he loves to stand on his back legs, and I then pick him up, he loves his cuddles, bless him.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 20:45:42 PM »
jings.. it isn't half!  hope he settles fine and he starts to pick up very soon!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 18:33:14 PM »
blimey that's a bit of a difference! hope he settles well  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 16:34:23 PM »
 :evillaugh: a nice surprise for Sam having aged 10 years overnight, poor chap. Hope he settles in soon

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 20:45:00 PM »
Well, Sam went to the vets today for a checkup and the vet would put him at 11-12 YEARS. Not what either of us expected!! He has been off his food for a day or so, so has lost a bit of weight since I saw him on Sat, he has a very poorly mouth, so has had an ab and steroid injection, and the vet thinks he might have a thyroid issue, so he has to go back in a fortnight to see where we go from there, unless of course he doesn't pick up. As he is older than we thought and poorly, I offered to take him on, as my house is a bit quieter than RAchs, so he is in the bathroom at present.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 19:11:58 PM »
Lucky you - even my 3yo with only one testicle smelt - bit of a surprise as a vet said he was neutered!!
RAch's daughter has named him Sam, just in case we are wrong, and he will be checked for a chip tomorrow so vet will confirm sex.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 17:44:18 PM »
George was never wiffy and he was a 4yr old tom! If you squish you will be able to feel if theres anything in there.
Ivan would suit him well!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »
Thanks - the lady has been feeding him for weeks, but as we shut for Christmas yesterday, he will be with us till January now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
aww, he's a little sweetheart good luck with him xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
I would guess at a couple of years rather than the 7mo we were told!! If it were up to me, he would be called Ivan, but as Rach is fostering him, her daughter will probably pick his name.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »
Awww, he looks lovely. How old do you reckon he is? A couple of years? Has he got a name - how about Flint? :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 10:12:33 AM »
Got to the rescue yesterday to find out that the cat had turned up at 7am, but she didn't wnat to put it in a carrier cos she didn't know when we could get there, so she let it go again, and we had to wait till it turned up - which was 7pm last night. I rang her to see if she could hold it overnight (Rach is having this one, and she was out last night), but no, she has 8 cats, so was going to release it and wait for it to come back today. I said that wasn't an option, so despite not having had my tea, I set off at 7.15 to go and get the cat to take it to Rach. As my journey was below zero all the way there and back, I am glad I did'nt let her put the cat back outside. When we let it out in Rach's house, it was obvious this wasn't a 7mo cat, and as the cat walked out and away from me with tail up, it didn't look very female (one good thing with tabbies, they tend to be easy to sex!!), quick feel under tail confirmed some 'bumps', although there was something slightly odd, so will have to see once this one has settled in a bit - we will know if unneutered as soon as he uses the tray. Bit thin on the back end, but shiny fur, so we are a bit puzzled with this one. So 'Molly' as the lady has been calling the cat needs a name change!! Luckily I had my camera so as soon as I can convince Molly to move, i shall get it and upload pics, as I am unsure on age.

The other one was (fortunately, I hope) picked up by the RSPCA

ETA pic
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:53:29 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »
Dawn, the person who has been feeding her has been asking around as she knows of two other people who feed them.

Fingers crossed for the little tortie girl
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 00:01:23 AM »
I've had a call about a tortie girl today who we think was abandoned about a year or so ago.  Apparently the lady who rang has seen this cat around for the last 11 years she has lived there but the last year she has been trying to get through the back for food.  She can't bring her in because of her own cat who is quite agressive so it sounds as if this little one is living rough.  She's extremely skinny apparently so I'll be sorting her tomorrow even though I vowed not to take any more at the moment.  The weather is on the turn and it's gone so cold, I hate to think of them outside.

Hopefully someone has picked this one up Des, it may be worth asking around if you can just in case he is injured somewhere.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 23:56:53 PM »
Finger crossed they are both safe and warm. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 23:32:24 PM »
This little one hasn't been seen for a couple of days, so hopefully some kind person saw the 3 inches of snow yesterday and took it in - it is forecast another 6 inches tonight.

I have taken a call tonight about a small kitten in a different area who turned up two days ago, she has tried to ignore it due to allergies, but took it in tonight, but is really suffering - i was the only person she could get hold of (it was 9.50pm). I have given her the 24 hour RSPCA number as there is no way I can get anyone there tonight, and if they can't help, we can pick it up tomorrow as long as the snow isn't too bad and we can all drive. I will text her in the morning to see how she has got on, as they are both working tomorrow, and I gave her some suggestions on how to keep him in overnight till we can get there. Fingers crossed.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:05 AM »
The little one hadn't been picked up last night, but I did find out some more details.  Basically it is a little tabby and white who is wandering, and went to one of the rescue ladies friends house, she has been feeding her, and is going to nab her next time she comes - shed is already made up with beds etc for her to be warm until we can get there, as they were all still snowed in last night - I have got up this morning and there is still snow, but a lot has turned to ice, so I have no idea how I am getting to work yet!!
The older one is with us now, very put out by being put back in a rescue environment bless him and thanks to her 'putting up with it' for so long, he will be in a rescue for Christmas, as we stop homing this weekend. Very annoyed with the woman, she didn't even bother ringing for advice, despite everything we say to them when we rehome.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »
fingers crossed!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 13:47:54 PM »
Not sure if the youngest has been picked up yet, as Rach couldnt get out of teh car park this morning (3 inches of snow) and some roads were blocked.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »
you know the mind really boggles at the human race sometimes!!    if they can be called that....  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

hope both these little furbabes are well and OK Desley and glad you have space to get them in   ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »

I have a2 cat houses outside my front door and they have fleecy warm bedding in ( taken out ,washed and dried every week and kept an eye on so it doesnt go damp , also vet bedding underneath and one has a reflector bed in too )
 They are there for any poor cat out in the cold round here !

So do I and 2 of my neighbours for the ferals
poor things  :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:59:57 AM »
I have woken up to snow here, and not a small sprinkling either, so glad this baby will be picked up soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 01:25:06 AM »
Thats so sad and these people make my blood boil .....thank goodness they have been rescued  :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 00:22:04 AM »
Poor little soul-some of these people aught to be made to suffer in the same way - lock them in a shed all night and make them go outside to the loo.
People like that make me so  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: angry - they dont deserve to breath air !!!!!
I have a2 cat houses outside my front door and they have fleecy warm bedding in ( taken out ,washed and dried every week and kept an eye on so it doesnt go damp , also vet bedding underneath and one has a reflector bed in too )
 They are there for any poor cat out in the cold round here !
Gills drop in centre for cold and hungry cats !! ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor baby
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 22:55:40 PM »
RAch has just been on the phone, she has had a call from the rescue lady to ask her to take in a 7mo who for some reason has been locked in a shed outside, poor thing - it was minus temperaturs both going to work and coming home tonight and we even had a few minutes of snow falling. She is going to pick him up as soon as she has dropped her daughter off at school, and I will be going there at some point this week, so shall take some pics. No idea what the woman is thinking with such cold weather, but he should be safe and warm by tomorrow morning, poor thing.

We also had to take in a cat that we rehomed a few months ago today, she rang at about 10.35 last night to say he was weeing in the house, she couldnt understand why, as his litter tray is outside, and he does sometimes use it - I pointed out how cold the weather had been (even at 8.30 am on Sat it was -3 at one part of my journey), and would she like to go outside to toilet, but she was adamant she couldnt have a tray in the house cos of her baby, so I said we would take him today if she dropped him off.

As we stop homing for Christmas at the weekend, I think these two will be with us all over Christmas, poor things - but at least they will be safe and warm.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat