Author Topic: poor little cats  (Read 6718 times)

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
Re: poor little cats
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 18:42:37 PM »
That's fabulous.

I have no idea how people can get pets and then treat them that way.  I know very well that they do, having taken in two strays that have been dumped, but I just don't get it.

My Dad once caught a kid shooting at ducks (in a park that was meant to be a bird sanctuary) with an air rifle and had to be restrained by a mate to prevent him throttling the kid.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 18:38:49 PM »
What great news ... so pleased they are safe and happy in their forever home.

Sending lots of get well soon vibes for the little long haired fella  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 15:26:20 PM »
Good news for the twosome  :) and I hope all went well at the vet today for the little long haired cat.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »
Glad they ended up somewhere safe.

me too, great news  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »
Glad they ended up somewhere safe.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 08:10:58 AM »
Just caught up with this topic, im so glad these little kitties now have a loving home with someone who really cares, and sending lots of healing vibes for the poor little one  and hope she goes okay at the vets, fingers crossed :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 00:07:42 AM »
It's people like that that give us some hope  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 23:53:08 PM »
Really had a bit of good  news today a Lady turned up with a poor little long hair cat that has been stray for some time its fur really matted and with a really dirty backside, it must have been out for a very long time and very scared, We will get it to our vet first thing in the morning it will have to be shaved all over. the Good news is the same lady told me about two cats that she had taken in and that she new that the owners had moved and left 4 little cats behind,it was were i trapped the two from in the same road  and one only had three legs and they were at her house sleeping on her bed and now have a forever loving home and were now being spoilt rotten, what good news as i had been really worried about what had happend to them :rofl:

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 23:10:43 PM »
I can't believe that someone would just leave their pets when they move! Thats shocking!  :censored:
When i bought my house, one of the main things i thought about was if it was a cat-safe area or not! Lacie is such a massive part of my life, if i couldn't find the right house, i wouldn't have moved out!!!

I hope the kitties get MUCH better new owners

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 22:48:35 PM »
Still no sightings of the little three legged cat or the other one, looks like they have moved on, still hoping as we have a few people in the street keeping a eye out for them so I am not giving up, but a bit worried about them what with Firework night coming up just hope they turn up soon.

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 23:07:38 PM »
 No luck with catching the other two yet I'm hoping they have not moved on as they was not seen at all today, but we have set the trap again for tonight,so wish us luck anyway i will put up posters as its in a long road and it wont be hard to spot a cat with three legs (I hope) and they must be hungry and cold :feedme:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »
We Trapped the poor little cat that had been shot with a airgun last night poor little cat is at the vets it has a broken pelvis but is now safe i wish I could get my hands on the Bar---d who shot it  :censored: :censored:I think I would end up in the nick >:( >:(,I have now set the trap for the other two that were left behind when there owners moved out >:( >:(

Ron at least you'd have some friends inside - we'd be there too  :hug: :hug: - ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHhh, it makes me so  >:( >:( that someone could do anything to an inocent little cat (or any other animal)

Thank heavens this little one is safe now  :hug: xx give him / her a big snuggle from me xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »
glad you have caught the injured one Ron, I have been thinking about it

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 08:00:13 AM »
Glad the little injured mite can get sorted now, and fingers crossed for the others.
Please spay your cat

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 00:12:16 AM »
Well done Ron -thats great news he/she  can now be treated and looked after -good luck now with catching the others . :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 23:38:25 PM »
Glad you got the injured one - at least she is safe now  :hug:

Good luck with the others Ron  :hug:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 23:26:07 PM »
 We Trapped the poor little cat that had been shot with a airgun last night poor little cat is at the vets it has a broken pelvis but is now safe i wish I could get my hands on the Bar---d who shot it  :censored: :censored:I think I would end up in the nick >:( >:(,I have now set the trap for the other two that were left behind when there owners moved out >:( >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 08:02:07 AM »
Hope you managed to catch some more last night Ron
Please spay your cat

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 23:37:37 PM »
Lots of luck tonight for catching the rest especially the injured one .
Take care . :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 23:28:16 PM »
 Got one more little gray cat out of the four today, the two i have so far are only about 1 year to 18mths old (only two to go), but the little three legged one is the fastest and i think will be hard to catch, But he seems to be really hungry and scared. But we wont give up till all four are safe with us, still no luck with the poor little cat that has been shot and has a really bad or broken leg hope he goes in the trap later tonight as he has been seen in his garden and must be very hungry and in pain.wish us luck.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 00:42:31 AM »
Good luck Ron  :hug:

There are so many selfish & sick people around - lucky there are people like you around to save the kitties  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 20:48:36 PM by Mark »

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 00:04:07 AM »
 We have had really bad weatherRain and high winds today and no luck with catching the other poor three little cats :( or trapping the other little cat that has been shot by air gun :sick: but hoping he will go into the trap tonight so wish us luck.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 16:29:24 PM »
 :( :( :( :(   poor little souls.  Thank goodness there are some cat friendly workmen working there ... hopefully they will be anble to help you catch the others.  Fingers crossed for the shot kitty as well, it's por owners must be in bits seeing it hurt and in pain and ot be able to catch it.

Sending lots of positive vibes down to you Ron  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 13:54:37 PM »
poor things, best of luck catching all those kitties and it's a good job some kind people are there to sort them out.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
Poor babies, hope they are quickly rounded up Ron and safe with you  :hug:

it really does make you wonder how people can go through life collecting animals and have no emotional attachment to care what happens to them and just leave them to whatever fate comes their way! :censored: :censored:

I just don't get it, I know that one or two of us are a little crazier about our cats than the average person ( ;)) but how someone can have no feelings towards something that's been a part of their life and  they have supposedly been caring for is just beyond belief  :Crazy:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
it really does make you wonder how people can go through life collecting animals and have no emotional attachment to care what happens to them and just leave them to whatever fate comes their way! :censored: :censored:

I hope that things go in your favour Ron and you manage to catch the injured kitty and the 4 little ones that so need your help.  :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed for a happy ending for everyone.
Please spay your cat

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:38:20 AM »
What an irresponsible, idiot man! >:( And the poor cat being shot with pellets.....I have no idea how people can act that way.

Thank goodness for you and those nice workmen, Ron!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 00:56:15 AM »
The punishment ( which there rarely is !!) - never fits the crime ! :censored:
There are some real :censored: :censored: :censored: out there nowadays.
I think they should have their hands chopped off like they used to do - if not at least have the same done to them !!
Poor little cat thats been shot -hope you manage to catch him and he recovers .
Also - hope you manage to catch all the abandoned ones too.
Take care Ron - never met you -but i can see from on here -what a fantastic job you do -  :hug: :hug: :hug: from us in Lincoln ( me and the 5 felines)

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
poor little cats
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 00:03:54 AM »
 Had a phone call yesterday from a lady who said that the people next door had move house and left his 4 cats out in the Garden  saying some one will take them in, >:( the poor little mites were in the back garden for 10 days before they rang me, and one of the poor little cats only has three legs  well so far we have managed to catch one little tabby about a year old, the workmen working in the empty house got it in the back door today and got it in a cardboard box and rang me they are working tomorrow and will try to get the others,the trouble is my Trap is out trying to catch a poor little cat that has been shot with a air rifle and is hurt bad and very scared and the owner cant get the poor little cat in it runs off in fear so i am hoping to get it back tomorrow, how can People treat there pets like it makes me feel so mad its just a good thing i don't get my hands on them  >:( >:( >:(.I hope they rot in Hell

Link to CatChat