Author Topic: Meet Charlie  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
Re: Meet Charlie
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 23:51:52 PM »
he's one gorgeous furbabe  :Luv:

i hope he settles in nicely in his new home  :)

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 21:30:17 PM »
He went to his new home tonight, he was a bit shy around them, but was warming up nicely when we bundled him in teh carrier, to which he just sat there and looked puzzled!! Hopefully he was quiet on the way home, I can't remember if he was noisy on the journey to be neutered.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 14:28:50 PM »
Fingers crossed  :Luv: ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 12:20:26 PM »
:luck: Charlie  ;D

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »
thats great news Des....   good luck charlie!  xx
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
I did a homecheck for Charlie on Sun, and as long as they dont ring up tonight, he is going to his new home tomorrow, fingers crossed for him, it would be good for him as long as he can get on with their tortie, but he does like Zi, so I am sure he will be fine, there is only Kizzy he spits at, and I Cant blame him, he is probably getting in their first. It is slightly ironic, as he is the oldest of the cats ready to be rehomed, and he is going first!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »
He is, but not 100% happy, bless him. He still hisses when he is approached, even though nothing nasty has happened yet, but I gave him some time out of the cage last night, he stayed in it for half an hour before deciding to move, then hid in the kitchen for a bit till I sat on the floor and enticed him out - he was then happy as he found the catnip banana!! As soon as I moved he was straight back in hiding in the kitchen bless him. So he isnt trying to get out of the house, which is one of my biggest fears, I just need him to gain some trust
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:38:41 AM »
He's gorgeous Des.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 21:25:51 PM »
 :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 18:10:05 PM »
Couple of pics - he isn't happy in the cage at the moment, first he howled, and I have just popped downstairs to find him in the litter tray - he pooed while I was sorting out his chicken and carried on sitting in the tray, so I had to move him (to find he had also weed in the tray), and covered the other half of the cage - i only covered the half with the tray to give him some privacy, as the idea is that he can see me and know I am not nasty. Will persevere for a couple of days, and if no improvement, put him back in the bathroom.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 12:47:12 PM »
As soon as I have eaten, Charlie is going in the dog cage in the kitchen - it is the door that bothers him most, even if I tap on the door and call his name before i go in, so I am hoping the cage in the kitchen will help, as I rarely shut that door all the way, and he can see me more then. Phoebe was very vocal yesterday, which set him off, so having them in different parts of the house might help. I will post some pics at some point too
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 21:54:07 PM »
Yeah, he was done really early too, was done by 11.15!! Still very hissy tho
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 19:52:02 PM »
Hope his op went ok?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 22:37:13 PM »
Well, he has just had his food taken off him, as he is being done tomorrow, i hope he will start to settle after that, as he is still so frightened when I walk in the bathroom, bless him. Knocking on the door doesn't seem to have helped either. He also has very odd body language, he seems to be enjoying fusses until you look at his tail - judging off that alone, he is annoyed. i think he is just so not used to being in a home with love that he can't work out what I will do, he is probably expecting me to shout or hit him, poor thing. I am sure I will be able to gain his trust though, and hopefully he will seem less frightened then.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:18:54 AM »
Yep - I am ringing the vets today to see when they can get him in. He isn't ready for rehoming yet, he is very hissy, even though he likes to be fussed, and has spent most of the weekend in my bath (hence no pics), so I have had to sit on the side of the bath to give him attention - he does like it. Not sure he will adapt to an indoor only life, and I think he will need a quiet, patient home - he could change once he is neutered though, Phoebe did. Not sure on his age, will get the vet to check that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 14:22:25 PM »
Excellent news ... another one safe and hopefully another link taken out the chain of unwanted pregnancies  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Meet Charlie
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 14:09:00 PM »
He has just been dropped off, came from the same area that Phoebe is from, and poss the male cat that got her pregnant. She also thinks that she has been seeing him rather than what we thought was the other female cat, so hopefully there are no more unneutered cats there, but now he is here, it will be easy to tell if any more cats turn up. I have popped Phoebe in the cat room, and put him in the bathroom as he is in poorer condition than her - obviously unneutered, his ears bother him and potentially worms. Will get him booked in to be neutered asap, but it will be a day or two longer than normal cos of the Bank Hol. He is a lovely natured cat though, loves to be fussed, but not sure how he will take to a tray, might have to go and get some gravelly type litter. I will take pics in a bit, but he is black and white, although more black than white.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat