Author Topic: Can Purrs help? Siamese, with Corona Virus NOW ALL CLEAR, READY 2 REHOME!!!  (Read 12532 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Can Purrs help? Siamese, with Corona Virus NOW ALL CLEAR, READY 2 REHOME!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »
great news!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 10:01:26 AM »
Wonderful news.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2008, 21:11:45 PM »
great news after all that she's been through  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2008, 21:02:28 PM »
What wonderful news ... I'm so happy she is fitting fit and ready to go to a forever home. She sounds delightful xx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2008, 20:37:16 PM »
Great news, shows with good hygiene it can be eradicated  ;D
Fingers crossed shes rehomed soon

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Sharon will need to update title - but she had an email from Brigid at Siamese cat rescue - MiaMia (pronounced MiMi) has been retested and is CLEAR OF CORONAVIRUS  ;D

She will shortly be ready for rehoming. She said that 6 months is a long time for a cat to be in quarantine but MiaMia has such a lovely temperament that she managed OK. She said whoever rehomes her will be a very lucky person -  :Luv2: ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 20:30:28 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Thanks -that now all makes sense.
Yes let's hope the vet can use his powers of persuasion to help out with these kittens.
Obviously unless anyone knows this breeder it's not fair to comment on whether or not she will home these kittens responsibly.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
A vet that takes the condition seriously, lets hope he can have some input towards the kittens.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I know a little about this story, Tagalong. I gather the breeder imported 4 breeding adults from the US and 2 of these have subsequently died. A post mortum was carried out and FIP was found to the the cause of death. Until the result of that, no one suspected these cats to have the Corona Virus. Maybe the vet notified the authorities? In any case, her vet is our vet and he has taken this case very seriously. That's as much as I know.  :(

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Are the kittens still with the breeder?
If she has been struck off GCCF then she must have either had a cat postmortemed to be sure it died of FIP and then informed them-which seems honest but probably unlikely or a kitten she sold has died of it and the disease traced back to her -or she was struck off for some other reason???
I just feel that this is sad for these babies and their future is not looking good.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 14:10:47 PM by tagalong »
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I don't know what the future hold for them but I'm sure she will make some money out of them if she can.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
That's great news for the kittens and maybe indicates the mum will loose her readings too when retested.
Has the breeder handed these kittens over to rescue? -now they are negative she can sell them -i believe someone said the GCCf have struck her off but she will simply sell them unregistered as most 'breeders' seem to now and they often end up as kitten machines.
Best if kittens could be got out of the breeders house in case of reinfection/infection but there may be a fight to get them?
Poor mum looks like she still has milk too-hopefully will dry up no probs now kittens are away.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 13:29:32 PM by tagalong »
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I rang to the vets just now to let them know that SR would take the kittens if they tested positive. The vet said the results came back yesterday and they are NEGATIVE  ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:43:29 PM by Mark »

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Thats what i lvoe about siamese, its when they are not noisey that you know something is up! She looks like my Lizzy i had a few years back..will be updated bySR on her progress.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 21:28:05 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Compared to Amelia and Azura, she looks to be in fab condition  :Luv: :Luv:

I think her condition is good (Apart from the obvious) but the lady said she is tiny and skinny for 19 months. She has plenty of welly left in her - she told me off for 1 1/2 hours in the car  :evillaugh:

Fingers crossed for her kittens. The lady at Siamese rescue said she will take them if they test positive  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 21:21:18 PM by Mark »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Aw she is beautiful!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Compared to Amelia and Azura, she looks to be in fab condition  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline BigPaws (Rae&Missa)

• Adult Cat
COME BACK MADDIE CAT, MELISSA IS WAITING FOR YOU

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Sharon just sent me a photo that Sally took yesterday  :Luv2:

Here eyes are beautiful - it's a shame you can'r see them  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 17:02:25 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
She is safely at the Siamese rescue with Brigid now  :Luv2:

Sorry but I forgot to take photos - she is a beautiful lilac point. Underweight. Brigid said she was the size of an 8 month old - she is skin & bone. I know they are sleek cats but she really is underweight. Anyway, she is with the right person to get her better. Brigid is confident that she will be rehomed  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
hope you go on ok Mark, hope the babies end up in good homes too

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I have got an amazing story to tell though but i cant face writing it out at the mo....it will keep.

Have posted it on General Cat -

It has really lifted my spirits...you must have a read xx

• Super Cat
I have already spoken to the vets and SR about the kittens, we can only do something if she decides to hand over to rescue or she may just sell on if they are fine.. The test results are another 10 days or so and then retesting..

Mum was spayed today...

Mark good luck with this all tomorrow, dont forget vac cert and thanks for doing this your a star!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sharon if you have any way of making contact re the kittens, they shouldnt be pts on on one titre reading. They need to be given time, looked after with 5* hygiene standards and then retested. The titres can drop, if they dont then they are at higher risk.

Hope the drive goes smoothly mark.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyway, I'm all geared up to do this run tomorrow. Including going to the vets, I think it's around 120 miles round trip  :Crazy:

The vet is in the opposite direction to where I am going.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 19:20:17 PM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Michelle you tease

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Not at all Mark - Been given really strong tablets by Dr that are going to knock me out anyway so i wouldnt have been able to help tomorrow now...I feel bad though, I AM REALLY SORRY TO HAVE LET YOU ALL DOWN x

I have got an amazing story to tell though but i cant face writing it out at the mo....it will keep.

Good luck with this little one - well done to everyone involved -  xxxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I just spoke to Brigid and it seems easier all round if I take her straight there - hope Michelle doesn't think we are snubbing her kind offer  :scared:

• Super Cat
Mark caroline is dropping of a basket at Ah today for you..
Mrs Brigid Oakley Tel:020 8464 8857     
 Call anytime(within reason please!) Kent, London & Surrey 
Thisis the number and Brigid offered to met someone that was good for all.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Michelle, if your offer still stands, can you arrange to meet the lady at Siamese rescue. I will see if I can get an address for where you suggested to meet. If you can't do it, I will speak to her. Thanks  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I will change the title of this to avoid any misconceptions about this little one  ;D

Ahhhhhh someone beat me to it, thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 17:48:27 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've just been given a number for a lady who runs I think either cats or animals in crisis and i think she's in Bromley or thereabouts, apparently she knows someone who is after a Siamese so I'm not sure whether this may help in getting her a home.  I'll pm you the number Sharon and you can get in touch with her if you want. 

• Super Cat
Sorry Mark didnt mean "we" i meant as in the branch... Anyhows, I have no idea of place names either. 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
its perfectly natural Mark but chances are, as far as i understand it, you've probably already got the virus in the house one way or another

if you were worried about accidents could you put a plastic sheet under the carrier and then just throw it away, I do understand why you are worried, my oh is same which is why I have the shoe spraying ritual!  He even came to the vet with me to take her advice on what I would be bringing back with me from the cattery illness wise!  Corona wasn't high on her list of priorities I have to say, the main thing is that when it does go bad, it goes really bad and that is why people are so rightly afraid of it

if it was me I'd do it but you must do what is right for you

Thanks Dawn - I could get a decorator's plastic sheet for about £1 to be safe.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Thursday or Friday is ok with me - Afternoon if poss (well after 12)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Were we?  :-:

Seriously, I could do that but road names and numbers mean nothing to me. I need a street and a street number  :evillaugh:

Just wondering if it would stress her out more being transferred? - If that's the case, I would rather take her all the way. Thinking aloud here but me and OH have been thinking about going to Bluewater soon in which case Saturday might be an option. I don't mind doing Friday though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 17:04:45 PM by Mark »

• Super Cat
Hi Michelle
Will work on someone getting to you as you suggest... What day is good for you..? We were looking at Friday...

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
good on you Michelle, this poor little thing deserves a break

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I'll help !

Take it whoever brought her up from hearn bay would be coming up on the M2 onto the A2 ?
I dont fancy driving too far down the A2 at the mo as not feeling too good but if someone wants to meet me at Black Prince interchange (theres a hotel there) I'll take the cat the rest of the Journey into Bromley (safes that person coming off the A2...they can just go straight back down it)
Is that any good ?

Link to CatChat