Author Topic: Madeleine - Siamese cat missing in Chatham area  (Read 65833 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Madeleine - Siamese cat missing in Chatham area
« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »
aaw Michelle - I thought you were trying to lighten the mood!!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
Michelle I think you might have clicked on the smiley next to the hug one! :(

Thanks Rae ....How bad did that look ! I have changed it...Thanks you xxxx

Sending You a  :hug: too Rae xxx

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »
Oh no.  What a nightmare!  Sending you good vibes BC x

Offline BigPaws (Rae&Missa)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
Hi all

Everything still crossed here.  Thanks for changing the thread Mark.

Michelle I think you might have clicked on the smiley next to the hug one! :(

Rae
xxx
COME BACK MADDIE CAT, MELISSA IS WAITING FOR YOU

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
Come on Maddie -

Sending you a   :hug: Jo xxx
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:31:50 PM by furbabystar (Michelle) »

Offline Meezer Mum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2008, 11:52:13 AM »
i have no experience with an animal communicator, but you could try these:

http://www.animalexpressions.co.uk/aboutus.htm

really hope she turns up, sending you lots of good vibes xxz
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:54:03 AM by Meezer Mum »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Madeleine - Siamese cat missing in Chatham area
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2008, 10:05:52 AM »
Just a thought (and sorry of Im wrong for suggesting) but could we change the title of this thread, and/or start another on lost and found about Maddies AWOL so anyone looking can see whats occurring as the thread is still about Melissa and Not Maddie.

Fank oo.

Rae and Missa
xxx

Hi Rae,

I have amended title. Fingers crossed she turns up today :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Melissa - Siamese cat now found - pics added!
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »
nooooo, I can't believe it was its wrong with these cats!!!  fingers crossed bc, I feel awful for you

• Adult Cat
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:14 AM »
Just a thought (and sorry of Im wrong for suggesting) but could we change the title of this thread, and/or start another on lost and found about Maddies AWOL so anyone looking can see whats occurring as the thread is still about Melissa and Not Maddie.

Fank oo.

Rae and Missa
xxx
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:35:24 AM by BigPaws (Rae&Missa) »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2008, 06:02:42 AM »
Well, no sign of Madeline yet. I am planning to saturate the neighbourhood with posters today and will continue door knocking. There will be an announcement on Radio Kent which does a lost-pet section and last night I left the flap off the cat flap so she could get into the kitchen for food if she wanted, but no takers. Thanks for all your kind messages and if anyone can PM a cat communicator's details to me I would appreciate it. :(

• Adult Cat
« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2008, 23:13:36 PM »
 :( :( :'(

Positive finding vibes here from me and Missa BC

Come back Maddie, Melissa is waiting for you :Luv2:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 23:14:53 PM by BigPaws (Rae&Missa) »

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #281 on: August 10, 2008, 20:39:28 PM »
oh no  :(

Hope you find her soon BC  :hug:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #280 on: August 10, 2008, 18:54:48 PM »
Sending vibes that she comes back soon!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 20:50:39 PM by lucy »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2008, 18:28:55 PM »
She hasn't been there anywhere long enough to know her way back   :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 18:30:47 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Max

• Adult Cat
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2008, 15:34:13 PM »
I'm sure she'll be back soon.  She's just used to being able to explore ... but sounds like she was coming back regularly for food, where she was found.  So when she gets a bit hungry ...

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2008, 14:36:18 PM »
I'm sure she won't have gone far ... and hopefully once she is hungry she will venture back  ;)

I assume you are armed with large net, tranquiliser dart, lassoo and  crate  :rofl:  of course if you don't have these essentials readily available I suppose a pillow case, treats and a piece of string will suffice  ;)

Good luck Jo, I have a good feeling about this one and think she will be back soon ... she sounds like she is a fairly confident little madam and she knows who you are so at least that's ½ the battle.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2008, 13:56:19 PM »
Come home Madelaine you naughty girl  :wish:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2008, 13:30:02 PM »
Team Canterbury are doing well, but sadly team Chatham has let the side down badly. As I said, I had the feeling last night she was plotting her escape and unfortunately she has managed to do just that. She wedged the louvre windows open at the top of the back window and made a successful escape last night. I have searched high and low and told every neighbour who is at home as well as contacting every emergency vet in the area, and RSPCA and CP. No sign of her, but my dog says she is in the garden next door. They are not at home at present so if they are not back by later this afternoon I will climb the fence and search their yard myself. My lot are confined to quarters so they do not scare her off if she tries to come back into the garden and I have put the cat tent in the back garden so if she does come, she will find a familiar space. The weather is getting a bit wilder so hopefully the rain will send her scurrying back to the only faintly familiar place she knows. My only consolation is that the space she landed in is fairly confined so she would have taken her time getting out of the garden and will have had a chance to work out where 'base' is, no matter how unfamiliar. Please send finding vibes my way while i continue my search ...  :(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2008, 12:10:39 PM »
Well, Team Canterbury are doing better than the Olympic team so far!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »
 :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place: :1st place:

WELL DESERVED.

Rae
xxx

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2008, 22:29:36 PM »
 :1st place:

there you go.....not sure just how many people were involved with this so you will have to share  :evillaugh:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2008, 22:19:57 PM »
Isn't it lovely to hear she's doing so well!  :wow: Well done, BC!  :blow kiss: Makes you feel all gooey inside.  :agree: :gimme:  :cccooorrr: :yesss: :Flowers:

Where do we all go to collect our medals?  :na na naa na: :cuddle: :ok:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Max

• Adult Cat
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2008, 21:41:25 PM »
SS =social services ... but I'm liking the alternative name  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2008, 21:40:06 PM »
These lucky babies can now look forward to the life they deserve. Apparently, they were living in squalor as the old man's health, mentally & physically had deteriorated and SS had done nothing to help.

You are going to have to enlighten me - who are "SS"???  Secret Service??

Social Services  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Although I think they pretend to be the secret service!

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2008, 21:04:24 PM »
These lucky babies can now look forward to the life they deserve. Apparently, they were living in squalor as the old man's health, mentally & physically had deteriorated and SS had done nothing to help.

You are going to have to enlighten me - who are "SS"???  Secret Service??
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2008, 20:38:23 PM »
Lovely to hear shes settling in well  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2008, 20:28:18 PM »
she seems more of a knees and stomach kind of girl, Rae, so you shouldn't suffocate. But she is certainly not standoffish - even let me kiss the top of her head! She did not hop straight onto my lap, but wandered onto it after getting onto the coffee table (the nearest thing to a sofa in that room as I too was sitting on it. and hopped from the floor to the coffee table and onto the card table when I rapped my fingers on it for her ... :Luv: Missa might be jealous! Are you sure she can't stay here  :evillaugh:

just kidding, but she really is a beauty and such a cuddle bunny :Luv:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2008, 20:19:33 PM »
OOOh Black cat- not two of them that are going to want to kip on my face!! :rofl:  Melissa is terrible for this I was hoping that once reunited with Maddie she might be less clingy- I appear wrong ;D

It does seem that Maddie is much better than Melissa, as Sharon said it was a while before she settled (or came out of the wigwam- as you all know) or ate properly and indeed she is still a bit of a fusspot with a delicate tummy.

Melissa is currently giving me a hard stare from right at the side of my face "You wouldnt be staring at me like that Missa if you knew what was being chatted about here!!! :P)

I think it is fantatsic that she is coming along so well and promise as soon as possible that pictures will be on the site.

Missa has turned into rather a naughty little mischevious thing and because I ignored her has now climbed up on top of the freezer (where the wigwam is) and nudged it off the edge so her lovely house, blankey and little purple octopus are now in a heap on the floor.   Id better go and sort it out!!

I know I said it a million times over to BC on the phone this morning, and to Sharon yesterday but THANKYOU, each and everyone involved.

Love Rae and naughy old t Missa
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 20:20:40 PM by BigPaws (Rae&Missa) »

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2008, 20:14:40 PM »

Feeling guilty now cos she can't sleep on the bed. maybe I should sleep in there with her ...?

Now that would be nice BC  :evillaugh:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2008, 20:13:47 PM »
Michelle, this is definitely our Maddie and the couple feeding her knew her from before her previous owner passed away. They've spent months building her trust enough to be able to get her in the basket.  :sneaky:

Every now and again we get a case that just doesn't make sense and Maddie is one of them. Often we never know the truth about what they've been up to, although what you say adds weight to my hunch that she'd got some kind of shelter somewhere.  :Dont know: One thing is for sure, she wouldn't have remained that fit and healthy for long once the weather turns.  :(

Phew thats ok then....it was just one of those "oh what if" thoughts you sometimes get  :evillaugh: xxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2008, 20:12:00 PM »
Oh how fabulous .... that's the joy of dealing with an "intelligent" breed.  It doesn't take them long to work things out and she obviously feels well rested and happy and has worked out that she is in a safe place.   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2008, 19:58:54 PM »
Well, Maddie has come out of her shell well and truly - I have only just escaped  :Luv: :Luv:

Went into the room and she was still sitting on the window sill looking hunched up and unsure. Went over and carefully pulled the curtain to one side and started stroking her. Her front feet started kneading, 1---------2-------------1---------------2------1--2-1-2-1-2 and she started sitting up into my hand. Changed stroke and she stood up, bum in air as only a siamese really enjoying herself does, and ...... she purrred!!!! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Have spent the last ten minutes struggling to get out cos a siamese in the mood for lurrrrrrrrve is a very clingy thing indeed - 10 minutes lap time, and still twisting round my ankles as i left the room - won't take this girl long to figure out what a home is about all over again  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Feeling guilty now cos she can't sleep on the bed. maybe I should sleep in there with her ...?

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2008, 18:58:46 PM »
Hi all this is def Maddie.. Maddie doesnt have a chip due to mess up at the vets they originally told me she did but it was Melissa that was chipped. Maddie is chipped now though with one of ours.. So think what would of happened if another rescue would of picked her up...? Its good that the people kept in touch for such a long time, but i do suspect she was being cared for by someone. However, pls not the road she was nr was a very busy ring road and this would of been a very different Maddie in the winter.. The road would i think of been her downfall..

But to me she sounds further along them Melissa when i had her. Certaintly i didnt get Melissa eating well for days afterwards and i still here she has abit of a delicate tummy...

I spoke to CP HQ about this story on Friday and although they were a titch interested they didnt think it deserved more then a brief mention in their in house mag..! Oh well...... in the PR front I suppose we are suppose to do this all the time... so its not news worthy!

Just proves apoint what you have to do to make a story news worthy nowadays
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2008, 18:48:17 PM »
Michelle, this is definitely our Maddie and the couple feeding her knew her from before her previous owner passed away. They've spent months building her trust enough to be able to get her in the basket.  :sneaky:

Every now and again we get a case that just doesn't make sense and Maddie is one of them. Often we never know the truth about what they've been up to, although what you say adds weight to my hunch that she'd got some kind of shelter somewhere.  :Dont know: One thing is for sure, she wouldn't have remained that fit and healthy for long once the weather turns.  :(

The slinking along the floor and around the skirting boards is classic for cats who've been straying for a while. My Tilly did it for a couple of days after returning home, but she actually lived here before so snapped out of it. It may take Maddie a while as this is totally new surroundings for her.  :blow kiss:

Excellent that she's sitting on your lap, BC. :ok:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2008, 18:38:34 PM »
I expect there will be posters out and about if she is not. And she is not that far from home if a mistake has been made ...

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2008, 18:36:33 PM »
You know I have just had a terrible thought  :shify:
Considering the really good condition she is in, Do we know for certain this is Milissa ?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2008, 18:26:26 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  BC seeing as she is a 'mese I'm pretty sure she will have already planned her escape ... she's just waiting for the most opportune moment to put her plan into action!  :rofl:

ah yes. It has been a while ... :-[

But for a nervous animal she is remarkable self-possessed I have to say  :Luv: And she is in such good condition! It is amazing. I was expecting her to be at least underweight, but no. Madam is in fine fettle. She may even have a purr inside her somewhere, if I can just work out where it is  :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2008, 18:22:30 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  BC seeing as she is a 'mese I'm pretty sure she will have already planned her escape ... she's just waiting for the most opportune moment to put her plan into action!  :rofl:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2008, 18:22:00 PM »
I think she just has to get used to being indoors again and being looked after instead of fending for herself. Just so pleaed she is safe now - she is a real babe :Luv2:.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2008, 18:06:07 PM »
Madeleine has spent much of the day in the tent but is now out and about. She has had a few minutes sitting on my lap being stroked - no problems, but not particularly enjoying it either - and is presently sitting on the windowsill of the spare room wondering how the view changed so much since last time she was inside a house.

She is not at all nervous, but is very tense (does that make sense to you?). Basically, no flinching or response to sudden noises (I have new neighbours moving in next door and not too quietly either  >:( ) but walks belly down and around the edges of the room, never far from shelter. The feeling I am getting is that she is prepared to tolerate the situation, but feels it could be better ... poor pet. I suspect she is plotting her escape  :rofl:

I have turned on the central heating on low as it is downright chilly this evening so she has it on in her room on a low setting. Talk about extremes, this morning i was worried her room was heating up too much as the room is east facing and in full sun ... :Crazy:

Link to CatChat