Author Topic: Madeleine - Siamese cat missing in Chatham area  (Read 65832 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Melissa - Siamese cat now found - pics added!
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2008, 17:24:02 PM »
FANTASTIC News  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: so pleased she is now safe -  she's a stunning little lady :Luv: xx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2008, 13:12:17 PM »
yep, she's still there, but seems not to object too much to being touched. Her muscles are tense under her skin but she doesn't flinch, so I am guessing she just needs a very little more time. She gave me the 'look' when I lifted the blanket to look at her face, but otherwise remained still. Her eyes currently look deep  purple, but that is the result of me seeing blue eyes in light filtered through the side of a red tent  :rofl: She has a really pretty face - not extreme like so many of them are these days.  :Luv:

I sit on the floor in the room reading, with shadow flopping sighing and whimpering outside the door (why are you where I can't reach you) and she seems quite happy.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2008, 13:05:48 PM »
Ahh bless her ... I would imagine if she has been living on her wits for a while she will making the most of the peace and quiet and catching up on her zzzzz's.

I know when Zephyr was AWOL for 10 days the first two days he was back home he slept like the dead. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »
First I have to untangle her from the bedding she has climbed into  :rofl: :rofl: She has thoroughly hidden under the blanket in the tent and while I can see her rump if I rummage, I also get a distinctly siamese moan to say 'go away, stop bothering me'. She seems to be catching up on lost sleep at present, but has had a couple of explores in her room and a verbal exchange with Smidgen through the door. Quite friendly, BTW  :Luv:

Not much food disappearing, to the dog's delight (he gets the scraps), but she will be still feeling a little shell-shocked so that is not surprising.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
Oh Jo - what You doing up at 6.17am on a Saturday ??  :rofl:

Glad Melissa is doing ok, Give me kisses and cuddles from me  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2008, 06:19:14 AM »
popped in once more this morning and she is still in the cat tent, awake, and fairly relaxed, but not coming out in any hurry. It was only a brief visit on my part to make sure she was comfy and had food/clean litter, so will now have a cup of tea, and my usually breakfast relax (long breakfasts on the weekends) and wander up later when I am feeling a little more awake.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2008, 00:02:13 AM »
She is just georgous!

Bigger fan base that the spice girls but that was sooooooooooo last year.

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2008, 23:50:56 PM »
It feels very strange looking at these pictures. I was holding this cat this morning, talking to her, rubbing her chin and trying to make her feel a liittle bit better. Now she's on the internet with quite a large fan club by the looks of things but it all seems like a long time ago now. Strange. Pity she has her eyes closed, the're a beautiful powder blue

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2008, 23:47:13 PM »
What a gorgeous girl!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Max

• Adult Cat
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2008, 22:39:59 PM »
Well done everyone ... what a fantastic team effort  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BigPaws (Rae&Missa)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2008, 21:56:58 PM »
Evening all!-

I want to say an HUGE HUGE thank you to all of you that made all of this possible.  I have spoken to Sharon and have emailed BC with my number etc so I will be sorting out everything over the next few days all being well.

I really cant express my gratitude and appreciation, in fact for a normally unemotional type of person Im am choked to say the least.  The effort that you have all put in to get Maddie sorted out is humbling and I for one am in debt to everyone involved.

I promise that as soon as Maddie and Missa are reunited pictures will be posted, champagne opened and balloons released.

Thanks so much for the pictures too, I tried showing Missa but she seemed more impressed with the lobster that was left over from dinner (we are not posh, it was from the fish market- 2 for £16 :)

Anyway I am off to sort out her ladyship as I cunningly hid her wormer in the lobster tail and want to make sure that it has staying in her tummy and is not under the table :sick:.

I will post soon and once again T H A N K Y O U :thankyou: :Party 3: :birthday 1: :yesss: :birth: :pic: :Flowers: :blow kiss: :wish:
COME BACK MADDIE CAT, MELISSA IS WAITING FOR YOU

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2008, 21:46:08 PM »
It's just a standard Ford Ka... in bright Barbie Pink, of course.  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

You're a barbie girl, in a barbie world.  Life's fantastic - its CATastic!   

Sorry - could'nt resist it.  :shy:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2008, 21:39:59 PM »
Just re-reading this post soooooooooooooooo Julie - tell us about this car of yours!!!!!

It's just a standard Ford Ka... in bright Barbie Pink, of course.  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2008, 21:37:56 PM »
Just re-reading this post soooooooooooooooo Julie - tell us about this car of yours!!!!!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2008, 21:35:51 PM »
Well, have just popped my head in the door and her ladyship is sleeping in the ikea tent, but in a relaxed pose, relatively stretched out. I suspect she is exhausted poor dear :Luv: As I suspected, she has had a good scratch around in the litter tray, checking it out, and even seems to have managed to scoff a light supper. Off to bed now and we will see what new adventures she has tomorrow! My lot know something is up and Esther has been particularly skittish and affectionate. Hope she isn't worried she will be turfed out on her ear (as if!).

Dog and I am off up the stairs to dream land, and to turf Smidgen off the dog's bed ...

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2008, 21:32:55 PM »
Glad to hear madam is inspecting the quarters.  :evillaugh: I am sure she'll love it there. Just what she needs now - some quiet time to herself in safety and not having to hunt for food.  ;)

I did get a tad lost on the way back but managed to rejoin the M2 somehow. Got some hoots of approval at the car from a few chavs on the way.  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2008, 21:01:18 PM »
I's that time of year, PB. Esther is hunting autumn leaves - nasty things that they are! She is incredibly brave and drags them all unwilling into the house. Thanks so much and it was so good to meet you too. Hope you were happy with the accommodation for her maj! I think I can hear her moving about a little more confidently now, but wil let her get on with it with minimal interference.

Pudding, I didn't read down the posts before, good to have a new member on Purrs as well as someone keen enough to get up with the sparrows to help get this girl into safety - thanks for you help and well done all of you down there, especially PB - I hope the drive home was not too arduous.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2008, 20:56:29 PM »
I've eaten my dinner like a good girl so I'm allowed to post now.  :evillaugh:

Maddie was absolutely brilliant on the journey. Not a peep out of her.  :) I think she's a bit shell shocked but otherwise remarkably good condition for being 4 months as a stray. Infact I suspect she may have sort of moved in somewhere nearby as she doesn't look stray at all.  :shify:

A big, big thanks must also go to Angela (Pudding) who got out of bed and on scene by 7.30am this morning - there's dedication for you!  :wow:

It was lovely to meet BC and the gorgeous Shadow and handsome fella Smidgen.  :naughty: Esther deemed to find me not as interesting as rooting around the bushes in the garden..  :rofl:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2008, 20:36:22 PM »
What a great result - and what a fantastic job you have all done.  You all deserve a big pat on the back and a very large glass of wine.  

Maddie is beautiful and I hope she settles in well with Rae and Missa x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2008, 20:35:06 PM »
she is probably so frightened and confused right now  :'( - but things are looking up  :)

she is holding it together remarkably well, but the lack of noise from the spare room shows she is keeping her head below the parapet until she works things out. I popped in about an hour ago and she had moved from under the shelves to the ikea tent on the coffee table in the corner. She had also apparently had a good look around as she left footprints (but nothing else) in the litter box. I am leaving her to herself tonight so that she can get familiar with her space and get to know the smells and hiding options. But will pop in before bed and spend some time with her tomorrow with a good book, so I can settle down for a while. If she wants she can come out and check me out. If she doesn't then I will leave her in peace and have another go in the afternoon. She has food, drink and lots of little hideyholes, so should at least feel secure. The rest of the menagerie is downstairs with me, so do not appear to have found her yet  :evillaugh: They will get a nasty shock when the spare room starts yowling! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2008, 20:29:37 PM »
I love the way they talk to you  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 20:44:24 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2008, 20:27:24 PM »
Ahhhhhh is she  :Luv: :Luv: (siamese really are my fav)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2008, 20:15:16 PM »
 :evillaugh:

I expected her to have a dark back as I was told they get darker the longer they are outside?  :Crazy:

She is beautiful  :Luv: - just looking at that bottom pic - she is probably so frightened and confused right now  :'( - but things are looking up  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 20:18:20 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2008, 20:13:41 PM »
Good one Mark, yes I can see the choc.cie colour now, in those pix. Must do something about my glasses  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2008, 20:11:05 PM »
Julie didn't have time to post these as her dinner is on the table  :)

These lucky babies can now look forward to the life they deserve. Apparently, they were living in squalor as the old man's health, mentally & physically had deteriorated and SS had done nothing to help.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 20:14:04 PM by Mark »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Melissa - Siamese cat now found
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2008, 18:55:19 PM »
I would have put her as a seal point, actually, but then have only seen her at the back of the carry box and at the back of the space under the shelves, so prepared to be contradicted. She is very pretty from what I can see ... :Luv:

Will maintain a running commentary on progress so you can all satisfy your need for gossip  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2008, 18:51:09 PM »
Veterinary records put Maddie at 4 to 5yrs old.. She is a choc point i think...
Well done all..I am in contact with Rae and she willl be speaking to BC soon.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2008, 18:48:31 PM »
Hope she settles in soon, can let you off the pics....for now  :rofl:
What colour is she?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2008, 18:38:37 PM »
Well Maddie has arrived safely and is settling into her room in her own time. She very kindly vacated the carry box after we left her to it so PB has been able to take it back to Canterbury with it (along with a spare one I have had hanging around for a while).

Maddie ignored the three nice comfy 'caves' I had established for her around the room at various heights and has taken herself under a set of shelves on wheels where she has retreated to the furthest possible extent without moving next door, but she seems remarkably calm given the upheavals of the last 12 hours. We have worming meds for her to take in a week's time as well as he relevant certificates and records so, Rae, you will have full records for your vet (well done PB!).

We don't know how old she is but she seems quite a young cat from what I can see. Petite, and dainty without seeming unduly scrawny. Her coat is in good condition, albeit a little darker than last time PB saw her. She is in short  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Fortunately my gang are not aware of her presence so am presently being harrassed by Smidgen for his dinner (which the dog ate in the excitement) so am off now to feed him.

Well done PB and all concerned on getting this wee girl home and in a position to meet her old friend. And Rae, about an hour's shorter journey  :wow: so wins all around!!!

Photos will have to wait a few days until she is more comfortable with me - sorry guys ...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2008, 17:58:19 PM »
Fantastic that she was caught on first attempt  ;D
Lets hope the future reunion goes smoothly :wish:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BRILLIANT !!

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »
 :boxer: Yeah its me but don't tell anyone! I think that would be lovely. I'll let you have their address if you want it.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
I agree - including the little boy that climbed over the wall when I couldn't manage it  :-[

He also said he wants to be a volunteer when he is older  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:17:44 AM by Mark »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2008, 11:13:48 AM »
:poop:
I think thanks should really go to the elderly couple who have been looking out for her over the past few months. They kept in touch and actually caught her for me this morning Big thanks to them.

Angela? Is that you? :shify:

I was actually going to suggest it would be nice, once Maddie is settled, for Rae to get some pictures of the two of them together and we could send them to the couple and the other nearby residents. Quite a few of the neighbours helped us get Melissa and they all knew the man that died and wanted to see his cats were properly looked after.  :Luv:

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »
 :poop:
I think thanks should really go to the elderly couple who have been looking out for her over the past few months. They kept in touch and actually caught her for me this morning Big thanks to them.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2008, 11:07:31 AM »
Good news indeed, not such good news for the tortie senior puss that was PTS due to advanced renal failure.. we dont win them all but for Maddie someone must be looking after her.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »
Great news  :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »
Well done everyone involved in this ..... I'm so pleased Maddie is safe and well and will hopefully be coming up to the Sunny East Midlands to join her sister very soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Re: We now have Madeline!!
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
Just spoken to the vet and they say she's fine. Was a bit grubby and thin but they've cleaned her up and given her a decent meal. I've sent a text to BC to confirm we'll be on our way late afternoon when BC finishes work.

I will try to get a picture when I collect her.  :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2008, 09:32:22 AM »
Brilliant news, well done everyone.

Link to CatChat