Author Topic: Homecheck passed, kittens now home! *more piccys*  (Read 37110 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Homecheck tonight - Any tips!?!?
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 15:57:09 PM »
We can offer tea, coffee and 3 kinds of biscuits! lol. I'll get my OH onto that when she arrives, he's the tea/coffee drinker amongst us - I don't think he'd be willing to part with any of his precious bottles of wine though!! Luckily the house is pretty tidy at the moment and I've sold all the car parts that were lingering a month or so ago!

I think I have pretty much everything covered, my only concern is her opinion on our front only entrance as our garden is at the rear of the house, hopefully by visiting, she'll see how quiet it is where we live and it will be ok. From our point of view they will be indoor cats unless they really want to go out, in which case they will be allowed out to play when someone is home (half the day) in case they get injured or stuck somewhere and need help. We are nowhere near any busy roads, we are at the end of a lot of small residential roads which lead no-where and there is a lovely big wood behind us.

I have planned out where litter trays, bed etc will all go and some of these things have arrived already so hopefully she will see that we are well prepared.

Shes coming at 5 - very soon, I'm going home in about 20mins - OH is hopefully tidying away his guitars and associated cables!!!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 15:56:53 PM »
That's about it. Be yourself. If you already have the homechecker list from Sharon, you prob know all the right answers. Just remember though that the homechecker isn't there to be obstructive but to help you and the newbies make a success of it.  Everything will be fine. How very exciting.  Cream cakes certainly won't hurt though  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 15:53:11 PM »
Oh this is great, very good luck  :hug: :hug:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 15:53:07 PM »
What time is she coming over?  :shify:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 15:52:44 PM »
When I ws homechecked for Kylie, I had some boxes in the garden from moving and apologised - he said cats love boxes  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 15:50:28 PM »
I have never had one but have asked the question before in case I needed one.

Access is likely to be looked at and proximity to busy roads etc.

Unfortunately with home checking there are no hard and fast rules.  I believe that everybody is taken on their own merits just be yourself and good luck.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 15:48:35 PM »
Don't forget to offer tea?

And cream cakes help  :evillaugh:

Seriously, nothing to worry about - as already said, be yourself. It's not an interview, it's just to be sure the cats are going to a safe environment.

The very first stray I collected was from an old man that had been feeding a cat all summer in his garden but was worried about the cold. He had cooked a chicken when I got there and was surprised that I didn't want to have a roast with him  :evillaugh: - he insisted on giving me a bottle of red wine "for the petrol" - that was a one off as nothing like it since  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 15:51:46 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 15:48:13 PM »
That's exactly what I was going to say Dawn. :Luv2:  Just relax and it will be fine.

Just be prepared to show her where the litter tray will go and food bowls etc, so it shows you have put thought into things.  Try and hide as many of the cables in your house as possible so they are not a hazard to kitties, and don't make the place look too perfect, a house is never perfect when you own cats. :Luv2:

GOOD LUCK  :luck:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 15:45:45 PM »
Don't forget to offer tea?

Be yourself!

Fingers crossed for you!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 15:44:12 PM »
just be yourself - good luck!!

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Homecheck passed, kittens now home! *more piccys*
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 15:42:01 PM »
As just mentioned in my other thread, everything just happened at once and now my homecheck is tonight! Does anyone have any tips?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:43:10 AM by Bryony84 »

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Link to CatChat