Author Topic: Beanie - Heartbreaking news  (Read 33430 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Oriental Siamese - Beanie is desperate for a home
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »
I have ordered one in case  ;)
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 11:31:35 AM »
It looks like very few places sell it and postalproducts are the only ones that sell the duck one - this is the ultimate sensitivity diet. It might be worth him phoning them - being a small company, they might make a special effort to make sure it goes 1st class today  ;) - they might even send a free sample  ;) Otherwise the starter pack Lesley mentioned for £12.75  ;D

01531 633985
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 11:19:07 AM »
http://www.quickie-divorce.com/?gclid=CIuKuq3aiZECFQ6hQwodsGxLGg  ;)

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :naughty:

I've just had a reply off Paul and he is going to look into trying the Eagle Pack range as this hasn't been mentioned up to date  ;)  He did say "Unfortunately we are also limited by time, but it’s possible that we might see some change before Saturday"   :wish:  

I've just thought, would pet shops actually stock this?  He's going to try in his local one as he said they are well stocked, I'm wondering whether it would be worth me ordering some online for him and getting it sent direct and at least it will give her a chance  :tired:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:24:12 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
The only place in the UK I can find that does the duck version is postalproducts but you have to buy the 7.5kg bag - £37 + £6.50 postage  :Crazy: - a lot of money for something they will probably turn their nose up at  :tired:

Zooplus does the chicken one in 2.5kg although the duck & oatmeal is the ultimate exclusion diet.

Mark if you look on the Postal pet products home page they do a starter pack of the duck, a small bag of dry and tins for £12.75 - might be worth a try.

Thanks Lesley - Her fecal results cam back today and are clear, he is still waiting for camphylbacter but expects it to be clear. He has suggested sensitivity diets. I told him I have some RC s/o wet & dry that I got from vetuk the other week. He said that is what he would have recommended - I prefer the idea of holistic though - also like that it contains glucosamine as I can't get her to eat the tablets. Thanks - I will get some  ;D

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:10 AM »
What a lovely kitty! Hope you’re able to find a new home for her soon.

Wish I could help but I’d have to get a divorce first.

http://www.quickie-divorce.com/?gclid=CIuKuq3aiZECFQ6hQwodsGxLGg  ;)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »
The only place in the UK I can find that does the duck version is postalproducts but you have to buy the 7.5kg bag - £37 + £6.50 postage  :Crazy: - a lot of money for something they will probably turn their nose up at  :tired:

Zooplus does the chicken one in 2.5kg although the duck & oatmeal is the ultimate exclusion diet.

Mark if you look on the Postal pet products home page they do a starter pack of the duck, a small bag of dry and tins for £12.75 - might be worth a try.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 11:07:32 AM »
What a lovely kitty! Hope you’re able to find a new home for her soon.

Wish I could help but I’d have to get a divorce first.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:02 AM »
In an ideal world, all cats could have the pleasure of both being indoor and outdoor but with the fur trade and all the other sick things that go on in this world, it's a worry letting them out. 

Good point Dawn... perhaps i am just lucky living in an area where i dont have any neighbours and but woodland around me and free access to a cat is something that not all pedigrees are lucky enought to enjoy..

Sorry couldnt help.. but even is she was to join my "clan" i would hope to give her the same benefits of that freedom...

Best of luck though she is a real cutie and reminds me so much of my Betsy who lived until she was 19 yrs old, and was the only siamese i ever had that managed to catch squirrels.....!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:07:39 AM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »
Even Hubby thought she was lovely and kept asking if "wing nut" had found a home yet  :rofl:

Tell him Wing Nut is still looking  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
Thanks for the links Mark, I've sent these to her owner and you never know, the advice and supplements may be the answer to their prayers  :hug:

Okay i rang them up and no goes i am afriad. Never mind. we did try and she has  had a cat with that condition before apparently.. .

As for indoor only.. Thats abit of a shame really, free access with things to keep her occupied would i feel benefit her.. The idea of stealing is an issue but its the chance you take with any pedigree of course,  i think...

I think Siamese are such an intelligent breed that being solely indoor cats is abit heartbreaking. But thats just my opinion and of course everyone else can differ with that...

Not to worry, I'll keep trying  :hug:  I know what you're saying but personally I wouldn't want to home a pedigree cat where they have free access with everything that goes on these days, and whenever possible, I prefer indoor homes for my others as well but it's even better if they have a cat proofed garden.  In an ideal world, all cats could have the pleasure of both being indoor and outdoor but with the fur trade and all the other sick things that go on in this world, it's a worry letting them out. 

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
Now that is my kind of cat  :Luv: and them ears.... :Luv2: :Luv: :Crazy:

Even Hubby thought she was lovely and kept asking if "wing nut" had found a home yet  :rofl:

• Super Cat
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 09:45:17 AM »
Okay i rang them up and no goes i am afriad. Never mind. we did try and she has  had a cat with that condition before apparently.. .

As for indoor only.. Thats abit of a shame really, free access with things to keep her occupied would i feel benefit her.. The idea of stealing is an issue but its the chance you take with any pedigree of course,  i think...

I think Siamese are such an intelligent breed that being solely indoor cats is abit heartbreaking. But thats just my opinion and of course everyone else can differ with that...
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
I have been googling and there is a yahoo group for feline IBD http://cats.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=cats&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fdir.groups.yahoo.com%2Fgroup%2FFelineIBD%2F

Also some tips here. Slippery Elm seems to come up quite a lot.

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/felineibs.html

Also a UK supplier of Eagle pack - I am ordering this today for Alice as it has prebiotics, probiotics, it's for sensitive stomachs and as a bonus, contain glucasamine  ;D

http://www.postalpetsproducts.co.uk/cat_food.htm

Not sure if you can get the Holistic supplement here though http://www.heartypet.com/products.php?cat=163

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:00:08 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 09:16:05 AM »
Does she need an enclosed garden, i suspect this one is just a modern terrace garden with free access.

She has always been an indoor cat and with her breed, I would be worried about her having free access in case someone gets it in their head to steal her.  Also, with her tummy issues, free access wouldn't be such a good idea in case she gets access to food she shouldn't have.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »
She is very beautiful  :Luv: I would love to have her but in my case its OH that wont allow!!!  :'(

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:32 AM »
Juesus thats a weird looking cat lol Look at these ears  OMG  Yup i know about IBS  :Crazy:

She's not weird she's BEAUTIFUL and those ears are wonderful. I would love her. She would be in heaven with me, but Zubin my Bengal wont allow.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:36:05 AM by Gail Bengal Slave »

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 08:27:56 AM »
Hi Dawn
I will give them a ring a suss them out... be very unfront and if they are still keen then will give them your details so you can tell them more. As for garden... . Does she need an enclosed garden, i suspect this one is just a modern terrace garden with free access.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 00:12:55 AM »
I've put a few feelers out to people I know and I'm hoping someone will take her on  :tired:  If I put her on Pet Rescue I would be concerned that someone will take her on because they feel sorry for her and although I really want to get her sorted by weekend, I don't think it would be the best reason for rehoming.   Whoever takes her has to seriously think about what they are doing, she doesn't sound too bad to me but she may be bad enough for someone else to get fed up after a couple of months, this is what I want to avoid.  The perfect home would be to someone like Jackie and John who have had the experience of the breed and also experience with tummy problems.  It takes someone who has got a lot of patience and the last thing I want is someone rushing into it and regretting it later.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 00:04:37 AM »
Dawn, has she been put on Pet Rescue UK?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 23:41:23 PM »
This little lady is just adorable - I do hope she finds a home soon. It seems a real shame that she is having to leave home because of visitors!  :'(

I think the visitors coming over has given them the ammo to justify to themselves what they are doing is the right decision.  When I had Dylan, he suffered from what the vet believed to be IBS and some days it drove me mad although I loved him with all my heart.  Not everyone can cope with a cat with this condition and sadly it's the cats that suffer because of it.  I don't think she suffered from it when they first took her on but I can't honestly say, I think for the Beanie's sake, if it's stressing the wife out, it's probably the best decision for her as the vibes will just make her worse.  The kids that are stopping I think are only toddlers, so it's understandable there are concerns there.  All I can say is, my heart goes out to this little girl and the sooner she's gets sorted, the happier I'll be. 

I would suggest the Siamese rescue society also the other day i had a call from someone looking for a burmese to go with their existing burmese. They live local to me and HC wouldnt be a problem. But again we are in Kent and they are no guarantees, Burmese and Orientals are not quiet the same.. Indeed i have had two calls this week regarding burmese cats.

I could give them a ring and see what they though.. But its up to you regarding the distance. They sounded very experienced cat owners.. No children but not sure about working committments. She would have access to the outside..

If you could sound them out, that would be great.   Obviously, I would want to be pretty sure if they choose to go through with taking her, it's not going to be on a whim and she's rehomed again at a later date which I'm sure you will understand.  When you say she will have access to the outside, is that by means of a cat proofed garden or free access?  Realistically Kent may be a little far but it's not out of the question if it's the perfect home, but stress will have to be limited so this again would have to be thought about.  I should know tomorrow if plan B is a goer or not and if it is, this will give me more time to work out what's best for her.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 00:04:30 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 22:52:07 PM »
This little lady is just adorable - I do hope she finds a home soon. It seems a real shame that she is having to leave home because of visitors!  :'(
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 22:10:10 PM »
Hello all
I do have two Siamese and have had oriental siamese in the past. She is very young to have such upheaval. When i say here she reminded me of my oriental i had Betsy... Anyhows... i want lie that i was tempted but i do have to think of my two.. Bella in particular who has heart problems. There is no doubt that i have enough room!...and are very rural..

I would suggest the Siamese rescue society also the other day i had a call from someone looking for a burmese to go with their existing burmese. They live local to me and HC wouldnt be a problem. But again we are in Kent and they are no guarantees, Burmese and Orientals are not quiet the same.. Indeed i have had two calls this week regarding burmese cats.

I could give them a ring and see what they though.. But its up to you regarding the distance. They sounded very experienced cat owners.. No children but not sure about working committments. She would have access to the outside..

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 21:58:14 PM »
She's lovely  :Luv2:

That bottom pic   :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 21:47:28 PM »
I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I think she has a "quirky" kind of beauty, but is beautiful all the same. :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 21:33:33 PM »
 :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: Poor little soul she's not weird she's beautiful. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

MBll

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 21:10:47 PM »
Juesus thats a weird looking cat lol Look at these ears  OMG  Yup i know about IBS  :Crazy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 20:06:38 PM »
Thanks Jackie, asking you and John was a long shot I know but was worth a try  ;)  I'm sure something will get sorted for her, but in this type of situation, they really tug on my heartstrings  :'(  :'(

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 19:35:06 PM »
aw our hearts go out to this little baby.  I'm so sorry we couldn't help Dawn, but John was adamant he didn't want to upset the applecart with our 2 and I have to say I agree with him.  But good luck hon.  If anyone can do it YOU CAN!!
xxxx ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 19:31:43 PM »
I don't know enough about them, a cat is a cat to me  :-[  I wasn't sure if she was classed as an Oriental or a Siamese, he seemed to think she was an Oriental Siamese  :Dont know:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 19:30:02 PM »
Fair enough, but like I said, orientals have green eyes ... might just not be show standard, perhaps? or UK breed standard different to OZ? Who knows ....

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 19:28:56 PM »
She is GORGEOUS! I hope Beanie finds her ideal home very soon. :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 19:27:38 PM »
She has been tested for virtually everything BC, the guy does have some documentation for the tests he's had done and he's also happy for his vet to pass on her medical history.  He said in herself she's very bright and lively, loves to play and apart from her tummy issues, she is just perfect. 

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 19:20:34 PM »
She' a lovely cat, but she has remarkably yellow eyes for an oriental ... they are supposed to be green. Has she been tested for liver probs?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 19:19:25 PM »
The other thing I forgot to mention is the couple both work and he feels she does need the time spending with her, and maybe this could also be adding to the problems.  I just feel after talking to the guy, he is really genuine and he talks about her with a genuine warmth.   I know you wouldn't rehome a kid with this condition but you've always got the nappy to help  ;)

I'm not sure Sam, the problem being, time is short so not sure whether they would have anyone on their books that would take her before weekend.  If we have to use plan B, then I will contact them and see what happens.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 19:14:57 PM »
OMG she is gorgeous .... have they tried contacting the Siamese cat rescue to see if they can help.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 19:13:11 PM »
She might be but she just doesn't know it yet - well she has 2 already  ;)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 19:14:07 PM by Mark »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 19:09:55 PM »
Don't let Sharon see this  :scared:

Is she after a Siamese Mark  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 19:07:24 PM »
She is gorgeous and when he sent me the piccies, I was like  :wow:  I think the tummy issue is more of a problem with his wife tbh, I think reading between the lines, if he had a choice, Beanie would be staying.  Even the fact is wife is getting stressed about her, she is very much loved by both but Beanie can also be picking up on this which may be making her tummy worse.  I hate it when people rehome because of stupid reasons, but if you are living with something like this, it can cause problems so although if she was mine, I wouldn't be rehoming, I can understand the reasoning behind it.  They have tried the rescues in the local vicinity but I really don't think this is the answer and neither is returning her to the breeder, the thought of her being stuck in a cage breaks my heart   :'(   Ideally she needs to be placed in a home environment because the poor babe won't know what's happening as it is.  She has been living with 2 BSH's so this is going to be another upheaval, being parted from her mates  :'(  I just feel so upset for her, and it has been giving me sleepless nights  :tired:  I've not given up yet and I may have a temporary solution if a home isn't offered for her.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 18:59:48 PM »
Poor baby - I know you say they love her to bits but if a child had IBS............  :(

Don't let Sharon see this  :scared:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 15:22:40 PM »
I know, it would have been perfect but I can understand their decision   :(

Yes after all Simba & Coco have to come first and we dont want their tums upset again. I so hope soemwhere  loving is found for this little lady, she is a real beauty. Those ears  :Luv: :Luv:.  I do feel for her, poor little thing will be petrified, she'll be thinking, because of my bum they are getting rid of me. Then being somewhere strange could cause it to become worse, then she'll fret even more and so on & so on.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to Beanie xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Link to CatChat