Author Topic: NEw fosters coming this weekend!!  (Read 8838 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: NEw fosters coming this weekend!!
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2008, 07:58:14 AM »
Found it - can you forward their e-mail address, I can try and chat to them during the day then?
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 07:57:27 AM »
Ooh, wonderful - I have over 400, shall dash through them to find it!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 21:48:46 PM »
check your emails! I reckon this home may have Moses written all over it!!!!!!!!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 21:54:27 PM »
Well, still no home for Moses, can't believe she has been waiting for so long, she is such a sweet little thing - she is fussing for attention more at the moment, and is desperate to go out, so I hope someone comes along for her soon, so she can finally have the pampered only cat household she deserves - she really does hate being in the cat room all day, but doesn't like Rolo and he is used to going out.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2008, 09:16:31 AM »
Just had this update - not quite the outcome we were hoping for, but at least they have found a happy medium.

Hi Desley

George is terrified of Zulu so we have to keep them separated.  The good news though is that he's the first cat in 12 years whom Princess Cuddles hasn't growled at or tried to attack.   We put her in with George and she's much happier than she's been in years, rolling on her back for her tummy to be tickled and purring when I stroke her.  She's been extremely antisocial since her partner Smudge died, wouldn't be friends with any animals, and wouldn't let humans stroke her except occasionally.  She's very affectionate with us now though and she's smiling.  She doesn't interact with George but if he stands in front of her bed (when she's in it) most of the time she doesn't react.  There have been a few times when she's hissed but 90% of them she doesn't hiss or growl and she never runs away.  For her that is extraordinary!  George is a bit nervous of her and she seems to like that!  She's not cuddling up with him or going near him but for her, this is being extremely friendly.  She's really taken to him. 

So for Zulu, it's disastrous but for Princess Cuddles it's a miracle.

So thank you for George!
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 16:02:20 PM »
Finger crossed for Moses, i am sure she find a home soon. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 07:45:26 AM »
She hasn't rang back yet, neither has anyone else that said they would ring back, but I am still living in hope, she might need longer than a day to make up her mind. I spoke to Georges owner yesterday, he is growling a bit, which is a surprise as he is the most laid back out of the three of them. He is eating well though, so it does sound like they are willing to work with him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 21:59:42 PM »
8 is nothing!

My pure-bred persians (both rescue cats with poor backgrounds)lived twice that long . . . . . .

I hope it all works out . . . . .

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 19:08:17 PM »
Please keep your fingers crossed for Moses - I had a call about her last night, the lady was initially put off by her age, but I gently said that 8 isn't old, and she did ask more questions, and is going ot think about it and get back to me. The last two people who were going to think and get back to me haven't done, so fingers crossed she does!!

Eight is no age!  Fingers crossed for Moses, Desley
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 19:07:21 PM »
Good luck Moses

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2008, 10:33:15 AM »
Good luck, Moses. :) And well done, Desley! :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2008, 08:17:19 AM »
Please keep your fingers crossed for Moses - I had a call about her last night, the lady was initially put off by her age, but I gently said that 8 isn't old, and she did ask more questions, and is going ot think about it and get back to me. The last two people who were going to think and get back to me haven't done, so fingers crossed she does!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 19:29:32 PM »
He is, and I haven't heard from them, so fingers crossed he is settling in well.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 19:25:31 PM »
Oh Desley i am so glad George went to his new home, he is lovely :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 18:24:57 PM »
Aww, thanks. Not doing too bad for space, only 4 cats until Wed. Moses has been different since George went, but I dont regret splitting them up, as she obviously needs to be an only cat (her owner does agree with that). She is eating quite well, although still on the thin side, but full of energy and her fur is nice, so i need to stop worrying I think. I am not a fan of dry food only in cats, so am glad she is fine on Whiskas.
Please spay your cat

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 18:15:15 PM »
Hey - I am also reading your posts and am amazed at your dedication!

These little cats are very lucky to have you looking after them. I did gasp, however, when you said that you only had one room left without cats in it!!!  :Crazy:

Keep up the good work - I hope that they are eating well soon.

(I had a rescue cat that was sick quite often and after taking advice, I switched her over to Oscar's dry pet food - it's something like 80% meat and she loved it - but more importantly, it settled her stomach. And it was cheaper than supermarket food in the long run!)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2008, 14:31:05 PM »
Thanks Christine, I always wonder if people are following as very few people seem to respond!! i am really pleased for George, he has always lived with cats that don't like him, it will be nice for him to go with a cat that wants the company!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2008, 12:36:44 PM »
Just posting to say that I am one of the many people following this, but you do such good bulletins, Desley, you need no prompting with questions!  ;D  Glad it is all going more or less well.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 22:37:24 PM »
George is going to a new home tomorrow - still thin, but eating well, although he prefers his dry to wet. Moses is still quite thin, so back on the cat milk, as htey have been here nearly 6 weeks, I would have expected some improvement in her. Might have to see about a check up for her. They are both very active, so I wonder if that is stopping them putting weight on. I will be able to monitor exactly how much she is eating from tomorrow though.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 20:20:06 PM »
Managed to speak to their owner today, she has only just come out of hospital. I made her day by telling her that Tiddles has been rehomed and the other two are fine. George is a naturally thin cat, as is his mum, and Moses has never got on with other cats (shame she has had to live with 3 for a while then), so I feel better about them now. She also had trouble finding something they would eat, and they went off that when they came here!! They are happy on Whiskas though, they adore the supermeat, and today is teh first time for a few days I have had food left (they got Asda Tiger fish pouch this morning), they even enjoyed some chicken Bozita (the girls can't manage it all themselves). Moses is prone to being overweight though, so I have to watch her.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 18:18:10 PM »
Still unable to get hold of their owner, but Tiddles went to her new home today, she is going to be a well loved only cat, which is what she deserves. The older two were sick this mornign after eating, but have been fine all day (and seem to have eaten more) so I have only given them a small amount of tea and going in in a sec to give them the rest, in case they just ate too quickly.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 18:46:14 PM »
Not been able to get hold of their owner yet, I just hope she is out, and there isn't anything more serious. The cats have all had some time out - there was hissing and growling at Rolo, they weren't this bothered to see my parent's Shih Tzu!! All have enjoyed the catnip mouse, but Tiddles is definitely going to have to be rehomed as an only cat, she gets very worked up when she sees other cats. I think I might let the oldest two have a bit longer out of their room in the evening and take her in there to have more space to play. Either that, or see if she is OK just on the landing (but Zi has a bed on there, and can't always be guaranteed to be in my room).
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »
not had a good weekend with these, George was sick on Fri night (but then tucked back into his food) and he did seem thinner, and then I realised i had some a\d in, so they have shared a tin of that between the two eldest. Last night I was woken up at 12.30 by an awful fight, I thought it was Rolo at first, but it was these two. I was panicking in case I would have to separate them (only got one more room with no cats in!!), but I sat with them for a few minutes and they were fine, and were still fine this morning. Very desperate to come out of isolation though, so will see what happens when I open the door this afternoon.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 08:23:03 AM »
They are, think George is too interested in attention to eat though, so I was stroking him while he ate earlier. The biscuits had also gone down in their room (Tiddles is on the light biscuits, cos she is a little on the chubby side, and obviously reduced exercise at the moment.). I have managed one out of 3, I suspect the other 2 just dont have big appetites though, as they are very active even on little food. Thanks.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 08:20:39 AM »
They sound and look like adorable cats.  Hope you can manage to get all three of them scoffing their food down soon.  You are wonderful

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 08:09:10 AM »
Tiddles is eating very well, Moses doesn't seem to be doing too bad, tis just George I have to work on - he still prefers cat tuna to anything else, fortunately I have complete cat tuna in so not too bad, but I am still giving him normal cat food before putting cat tuna on it, as otherwise it might cause issues when rehoming him. Whoever gets Tiddles has a lovely cat, she just loves it when you pick her up and she hugs your neck - just have to watch her, as she nuzzles your neck rather forcefully!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 22:19:27 PM »
What a sad story  :(  Hope you can build them up and get them in forever homes ASAP  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 22:14:44 PM »
They're lovely. Glad they aren't too upset by the change in their circumstances. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 17:34:27 PM »
They are lovely cats and hope everything settles for them  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 14:14:27 PM »
Thanks everyone - George is painfully thin, bless him, Moses isn't too bad, but still a bit too thin. We have had some tummy issues overnight and today, hoping it is just cos I was trying to find a food they would eat. They are very playful and affectionate, so might not be big eaters.
tiddles is much happier in the bathroom, she ate quite a bit last night, and her crying isn't too bad - I let her see Rolo last night (while I was holding her) and she started growling again, so she might need to be an only cat.
Pav - apart from the eating, you wouldnt know these cats were bothered by being here, even if they do sneak into the den when you walk in, they are out again in seconds, I had George on my knee yesterday while playing with Moses, and Tiddles adores affection, so seems quite happy.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 16:25:12 PM »
Awww they are so sweet, what a beautifull boy George is :Luv:

I feel so sad for the owner  :(

Its so nice that they are with you now , it must be hard for them aswell not knowing why they had to leave thier home.

:hug: to you .x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 15:36:21 PM »
Beautiful cats: poor little George looks so thin, I just want to rush up there and bring him food  :(  I am sure you will soon get some flesh on his bones, Desley  :hug:

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »
Aw George just looks like an older version of Archie! 
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »
oh my they are just :Luv2:

Little Meggie reminds me of oor wee Jorie we lost a couple of weeks ago.  Bless xxx George looks a little thin in the photos but they all look fit and well and if they are then that is the main thing.

it sounds (to me) that Tiddles is a person cat ... not a cats cat... if that makes sense in writing???

It has probably been the case that whilst happy to share her home with the other two her affections have been more to the owner than the other cats.  Being shut in with them in a small confined area could well be stressing her out and making her unhappy which in turn may put her off her food.   

That being the case and if you don't mind her in the bathroom then that's probably a reasonable option for now.  That way when you spend time with her she's not having to fight for your attention with the other 2.   The crying when you leave her is normal and if she soon settles down then I wouldn't worry. 

You'll just have to weigh up the pros and cons and work out what is best for her to keep her on an even keel whilst also making sure that your life and household isn't totally disrupted!   not always  great for having a good 'balance' at home!  ;)

give them all big :hug: from us
xxx

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »
HEre are the pics

Moses

George

Tiddles
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:32:24 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 10:47:45 AM »
That's what I thought the other day Gill (although that is a worrying thought as they have been in a home environment), as they only seem to eat small amounts, yet are very playful, so not having issues on such a small amount of food. We had clean bowls again this morning, and they tucked into brekkie, but they have done this before and then not eaten the same flavour for hte next meal!! They also prefer the dry I buy mine than what they came with!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 01:41:42 AM »
Maybe they have not had much in the way of food for a long time and their little tummies are still trying to cope.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 22:09:41 PM »
Had the first clean bowl tonight, but only one of 3 (although Tiddles is eating at least half her dry a day, Moses gets cat milk and George gets NM treats) and typically, I only bought one pouch, in case they didn't like it, so might have to do another supermarket trip tomorrow!! Unless they like the fishy Whiskas Rolo has, only fishy food left in the house I haven't tried them on (completely forgot about it!!). Other than the eating, you wouldnt think they had any issues, very playful, affectionate and dont cry when they are on their own.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 20:36:41 PM »
I am hoping so, they have all been wormed and deflead now!! I could, it just means her being in the bathroom by herself. She cries for a few mins when first left, but then settles down - I have left her in with them at the moment, as I really dont know what to do for the best with her. She is the most loving, when you pick her up, she puts her paws round your neck, and it is really sweet, as she snakes her left paw round, so she is touching the back of your neck, then the other paw comes round (and if your really lucky, you get your neck licked!!). She loves to touch you while you are fussing her, but never uses her claws. Not seen her play that much, yet the older two are sooo playful, despite not having good appetites!! Bit wary of me after being deflead and wormed though. not eating loads, but Moses (she might have a name change, I always want to call her Meggie) is getting a couple of saucers of catmilk a day, partly so I know she is getting something, and partly to help her put weight on. George is on NAtures Menu treats at the moment for the same reason, he is the thinnest. They tucked into HiLife fishy more than what they came on (fortunately it is complete and we have loads of it!!), but still dotn get through a lot, but even a little at each meal is a bonus.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 14:30:46 PM »
it could well be just stress Desley.  can you keep Tiddles away from them permanently or do you not have space?

At least they are eating something which is a good sign... but its not uncommon for older cats to have more difficulty adjusting when taken from their home.

Fingers crossed that they all settle down soon and they learn that they are safe.  Poor wee mites probably don't know whats hit them.

sending big :hug: your way. xx
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat