Author Topic: I try to ignore the boys when they mither me at the crack of dawn  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: I try to ignore the boys when they mither me at the crack of dawn
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
The Clan have several secret weapons when it comes to waking up the parents

1. They send in the little people first Charlie and Echo at bouncy stage and purring really loudly
2. They then send in the Brodie and Puma tag team
3. The come the heavy Mob the tuxedo tag team of Max head butt, Merlin Pillow walker and Oscar the foot breaker!

If all else fails they send the ferals in to wind up the dogs who duly bark accordingly :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 10:28:59 AM »
Hehehehe Amber does the whiskers up the nose bit as well if the foot in my mouth doesnt work. That said Im yucky at the moment and being insomniac then the opposite so Im awake until around 5am then fall asleep until around 9.30 or whenever the workmen start banging around and Amber hasnt disturbed me at all this week. She has paid me back for over sleeping by eating her breakfast too quick and throwing it back up which isnt good for a yucky person  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 20:38:25 PM »
 :rofl: Little monkeys!

Noah is quite well behaved first thing, he pretty much knows I am not an early bird. He is particularly adept at recognising any iPhone noises tho, early text messages or even the unlock click are like the call to mosque: if headbutts don't work hair pulling soon commences. Sunday I had to get up while it was still dark for an early shift which - due to insomnia and medication - is a rare occurrence. Needn't have worried as my second alarm call was purring right in my ear! :Luv2:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 20:26:54 PM »
Sparecat woke me up paddling on my back (massages in my sleep now  ;)) which was quite nice actually. so she got an ear rub. total fail at ignoring her  cos i then let her under the covers for a bit too  :rofl:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 19:06:47 PM »
Possum used to dab me gently in the morning but she rarely did it to Alex (even though she was officially his cat) and he got so jealous  :evillaugh:

Peanut and Cooper just walk back and forth under my arm (as its usually hanging out the bed) and chirp like little birds until I wake up and feed them. Peanut has occasionally stuck her head right up close to my face, her whiskers are so friggin long, if they do go up your nose, they have a tendancy to end up down the back of your throat!  :rofl:

They never bother "daddy" though.......mmmmmmm....... :shify:

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 15:12:11 PM »
hehe! Lacie's trick is to a) jump onto my bedside table and proceed to knock everything off or b) rip up magazines next to my side of the bed! Sometimes I can settle her on my pillow until a reasonable hour but I knew that wasn't going to happen at 3:40am this morning and being the faithful slave I am, I trudged downstairs to feed the little madam! Its funny how she never tries to wake her dad up isn't it?! :tired:  :innocent:  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 14:40:41 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

I was woken up very quickly at the sound of a cat lying next to my head on the pillow trying to be sick  :sick:

Amazing how quick I woke up and got him off the bed!

My cats have very long whiskers and one tickling me when I am trying to doze off is a nightmare LOL

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
 :shocked: :rofl: that did make me giggle, whiskers up the nose.

I'm never that lucky, Milo goes straight from paws to claws and that usually does it. Jess however will just pull my hair and it really hurts.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I try to ignore the boys when they mither me at the crack of dawn
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »
and I did pretty good this morning.  but how do you play dead when you've got a whisker up your nose?  :rofl:  Jaffa was a very good boy but Mosi came over and did his usual face prodding.  It's actually quite cute and as Mosi isn't usually a problem waking up early, I tend to give him a little cuddle when he does it.  But this  mornign I was aware that Jaffa had had no attention and didn't want him to see me fuss Mosi.  So I tried to pretend I was still asleep.  I managed it through the paw tapping but I'm afraid I could fake it no longer when the whiskers got up my nose!

Link to CatChat