Author Topic: Ginger Boy-Now you see him now you don't  (Read 1527 times)

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
Re: Ginger Boy-Now you see him now you don't
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 18:39:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply- it makes me feel better.  I can't think what I have done to him to make him this way-nothing from a human perspective.  Last time he came home 4 days ago and I made him growling cross because I had to flea treat him.  But I compensated with nice food or tried.

I do not lock him in at night any more because he used to crawl the walls.  He always did when I had to keep him in for going to vets or something like that.  I suppose he is as he is but it makes it harder to do things with him- like boarding him for Christmas.  Tha might still be fun.

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 17:14:36 PM »
My Mum had this problem with her cat.  She found out he was visiting the old ladys in the care home next door!!  I too think you should put a note on his collar as people just see a lovely cat and will feed it!  Im sure he will be back in no time when whoever it is stops feeding him  :hug:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 23:06:49 PM »
cats are great at changes in purrsonality... my mothers cat attacks her at every go.... yet he is the sweetest little darling to the neighbours who all feed him beef, chicken and sausages of all things!!!  <sigh>

they can be right crafty little beggars when they want to be! lol
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 00:55:25 AM »
I would put a note on his collar sayng if you are feeding this cat please stop, he does have a home to go to.

Also when he is home do you keep him in for the night? he may like to wander at night and maybe not coming home cos he is being kept in.
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 16:33:33 PM »
It's also possible that other people are unwittingly rather than willingly feeding him...there's a cat in our village who virtually never goes 'home' - everyone knows who she belongs to but she is a real wanderer and constantly invites herself into any house she can and will eat whatever she finds there, I've found her in our kitchen eating my cats food a fair few times! 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 01:01:13 AM »
I wonder if he has a split purrrrrrsonality and when somewhere else he acts all nice?

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 21:21:20 PM »
He has a collar and he is chipped.  I was thinking of putting some sort of message on him.  He is quite a big boy these days becoming a bit of a ginger bruiser.  Trouble is last time I saw him was last night at 11.  A cat with a collar and a telephone number and a chip token on it should surelly not be seen as a stray.  I just wonder if he has found someone who feeds him just because they like him, treats etc.  He is very pretty even though not that nice tempered.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 21:16:42 PM »
sounds like someone else is feeding him and thinks he is a stray. I suggest a paper collar asking them not to feed him as he has a rare (and very expensive) medical condition that requires regular treatment ...

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
Ginger Boy-Now you see him now you don't
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 21:10:53 PM »
Following on from my previous posting on Theodore, my 1 and 1/2 year old ginger neutered male, I am still having the problem of not seeing him often.  It's as if he has left us and is only doing the occasional home visit-mostly to eat and for no other reason.  Any affection will be met with growling mostly. 

He did temporarily stay home longer, when he met my foster blind kitten, whom he showed great interest in.  Boys will be boys they played with each other, rolled around the place, hiding around corners and pouncing- total kitten play.  However the novelty of that has now worn out and Theo is gone again.  I occasionally see him passing the back of the garden but that is it. 

It really upsets me because (not trying to humanise it but it is inevitable) it seems that he bears some unknown grudge and he does not like it here.  It is a real mystery.  He is definitely not feral or anything and he will not madly strike or bite, just growl.  I wonder if he will ever change in time.  I am also worried that I can never reliably get him to the vet, although it is not time for that yet. 

So household minus my beloved Lennie (he died in October) and minus Theo plus blind  kitten at the moment.  Feels a bit like something is missing.  No lap cat any more since Lennie died...

Link to CatChat