Author Topic: Fussy with food; sudden onset!  (Read 1511 times)

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
  • Slave to: Davey & Tinker
Re: Fussy with food; sudden onset!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 14:37:20 PM »
dreamies and catnip biscuits. Should I stop them do you think? x
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 14:21:20 PM »
If by treats you mean treats from packets, I would stop them completely

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 14:16:42 PM »
Yep tried biscuits. It seems as though shes just "gone off" her cat food... wondering if I have given her too many treats and thats all she wants?

I think she's more likely to eat biscuits than wet food when she's really really hungry. Sometimes she'll eat a little bit of the biscuits others she'll turn her nose up. She's driving me crazy lol and I cant eat in peace cos she wants my food. I dont understand why though cos since I got her at 8 weeks old I've fed her both wet and dry food and she has treats and very occasionally she has tuna/chicken.

She's a little ratbag! x
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 13:58:24 PM »
Have you tried biscuits?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 13:33:36 PM »
sounds like you might just have a fussy one on your hands!

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »
regarding this one, am still having problems with tinks. She just doesnt seem interested in any cat food I try her with (apart from the odd occasion). She WILL however eat chicken, tuna and her treats but will turn her nose up at cat food. Do I just have a really fussy kitten on my hands? She not having problems swallowing or chewing as she loves chicken and tuna. I've tried all kinds of different cat foods with no luck. Different food bowls, different eating spot and have even put a few of her treats on top of her food to entice her. She'll eat the treats then leave the rest.

any advice?? xxx
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 21:36:39 PM »
ahh I never considered the change in weather as one of the potential reasons for this. Have tried switching their food but no such luck. Will just keep eye out, it doesn't sound like anything worrying does it? x
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
It could just be that as the weather is warming up they don't need to eat so much, my cats always eat less in spring/summer than in the depths of winter. They also might be 'fed up' of the same food. I know when I switched brands of dry food my cats suddenly started hoovering it up again rather than nibbling on it!

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
Fussy with food; sudden onset!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 23:30:36 PM »
Both my cats Davey and Tinker have always loved their food. They have dry food and tinned food, and thats how its always been.

The past few weeks though I've noticed they don't seem to be as "keen" on their food as they used to. It seems that it's happened with both of them at the same time and I can't work out why? They see me go near their food and come running when I rattle the box of dry food but they sniff it and walk away or stand looking at me as if they're waiting for more food. I've tried different foods but it's the same reaction. I've tried changing the bowls they are eating from (back to the originals again now) and their eating place is in the same place it's always been. The floor is clean so I know there aren't any funny smells or anything like tht.

They are both fine in themselves and are still eating; I just don't see them eat much now but the food does go down when I'm not looking. They are also still having drinks of cat milk and water as usual. they also still go wild when they hear me rattle their "treat tub" and take treats as if they've never been fed (as usual). I know they are not ill, neither have lost any weight, neither has changed in any other way but just wondering why this may have happened and is there anything I need to be concerned about?

<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Link to CatChat