Author Topic: The Tail of Mr Fuds  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Katt

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
Re: The Tail of Mr Fuds
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »
How he feeling today ?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 16:57:07 PM »
 :wooooo: for horizontal tails!  :wow:

Such gorgeous boys  :Luv2:

Offline Katt

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 16:35:45 PM »
So glad he is feeling better.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 16:27:55 PM »
Looking good  ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »
We Have Tail Horizontals!!!  ;D ;D

Gowd knows what it was??  But he seems better and raising his bum and tail again when stroked  ;D

Silly ole Mr Fuds !!!  :Luv:

Some of todays pics and one of Marl lad

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 20:37:42 PM »
Hi T Hun glad to see ya tipping  ;D

Thanks hunnies.  I fink his tail is a bit better.  :wish: He certainly still wants to scoff himself and there is no change whatsoever in his normal routine. He goes in the garden most of the night and pops in for tit bits though out eve. I just gave him his two dreamies and off he goes out again! 

His tail i have seen tonight has been higher not up but higher and not so straight down.  He has no probs jumping up or down or anything.

Gowd Knows??  Will see how he is tomorrow. Must check he is going to loo ok but that means going poo huntin in the garden  ;D ;D  :evillaugh:

Would ya easily see the glands if they were full /blocked ie would ya see two bulges by his bum?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 17:12:11 PM »
Poor Garf  :hug:
Blocked anal glands is not as common in cats as it is in dogs, generally it is very noticeable by the way the bottom scoots along the floor.

Having read your description I couldnt help think of the late Buster and his spondylitus, hope I`m wrong but remember Buster lived till he was 22.
Hope whatever ails Garf is soon put to rights.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 15:52:21 PM »
I would go for anal glands too and the vet can empty them on the spot, mine did with Sasa although of course she had to be sedated!

It doesnt sound like your vet has really properly examined him to be honest and had to suggest anal glands to mine.........I think they dont like doing  :rofl: :rofl:

Sasa hangs her tail if her tail end is dirty.

As far as I know even the vet cant tell if anal glands are full until emptying them

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
Hmm yes it could be.  Thanks  :hug:  He is def being more delicate and tail is dead straight down all the time.  When he goes to lie down, he moves a bit then stops at a point as if it was sore then lies down. I have just had a good look round bum area while he was lying in the bit of sun we just had and i can't feel or see anything that could be a bite or full sacks under skin. I haven't seen him drag his bum on the floor.  Doesn't seem to be licking excessively either. He isn't going mental when i go near it either just moves as if to say no don't like that but no crying or hissing. 

I am not sure the vet looked for anything bum related. she certainly didn't mention it only to checked his legs & tail for fractures, pinched his tail etc. She said as he is pulling his tail back when she moved it up he can move it ok. He was very scared at vets but no hissing or crying when vet pinched tail or feeling about.

I hate leaving things like this and always get right to the vet to check just in case..

Would you be able to feel/see if the anal glands are blocked?  He goes to ploppy in the garden so will keep an eye on it and if no better take him back to vets.  Are there other other signs of bum trouble?

Question is how long to i leave it to take him back?  See how he goes and take him Monday of no change? 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:11:36 PM »
Something bum related is what I was thinking too!  Hope he's feeling better soon and has that tail sticking up in the air again!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »
I was going to say 'bottoms' too  :shy: When the boys had poorly tummies and were having diaorrhea they would whip their tails close to their bums after doing their business, I presume because they were feeling sore?

The boys send a healing :care: to the gorgeous Garf  :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:52:12 AM »
Dougie Meowser starting walking around with his tail down - it was linked to his bowel movements. Has he had his anal glands checked? Lovely question, I know..... :sick: Also, a quick feel on his belly would establish if there's any constipation occurring.

Unless you've not noticed anything different in the toilet habits. (We always end up talking about poo on here. :evillaugh:)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
The Tail of Mr Fuds
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »
Since Tues, i have noticed Mr Fuds (aka Garfield) tail has been straight down close to his bum which is very usual for him. It looks as if before he sits down he pauses and sits slowly.  He is eating as normal, eyes look bright, routine as normal.  So yesterday i took him to the vets to see what could be wrong.
She couldn't find anything wrong. He has no temp, his bones are fine, could find any bites or anything. She said to keep an eye on him and bring him back if there is no change.

He is house & Cat proofed garden boy  so i know he hasn't been in fight with another cat or has had any accidents ie RTA.

I know that tail down close to bum is a sign of submission in cats but this lad is king pin in the house over Marl and that hasn't changed and he is acting all as usual except for his tail always down and this more delicate sitting on his back legs.

Anyone had this before?   I am wondering if he maybe jumped off something wrong and sprained his leg but would this make him put his tail down all the time? Hmmm???

Here he is helping with unpacking the toys!  :-:

Link to CatChat