Author Topic: pooh or wee query?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: pooh or wee query?
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »
Awww poor Lottie. My old girl used to cry all the way but Amber is just a bit odd. I pick her up and she purrs and then just gets in the box with no problems. It still amazes me and shes been here 11 yrs  :rofl:

Shes doing good now though which is great
Thanks
love
Tab

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
Hope Amber continues to do well!  You obviously know what works best for her!  My Lottie hates going to the vets, cries all the way there and.  She's also jumpy for a few days afterwards if I move too quick or she sees my coat anywhere, so from a stress point it's a good idea to avoid it (if I can!).

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 16:12:02 PM »
Last year I tried giving her metacam instead of an inj at the vets and that made her wrose so for Amber its usually a vet visit, metacam inj, anti biotic inj and then a couple of days with ab's at home. As soon as she gets home shes fine. She doesnt mind being in her box or in the car at all so that doesnt stress her.
Ive still upped the cystease though just in case
Thank you
love
Tab

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
Glad she seems better. 

You mentioned Amber seems to get it when you are short of money.  Half the time I've got Lottie over cystitis without a vet's visit, using the Cystease.  The last time Lottie had it though it was really bad and I took her to the vet four times in the first two weeks for jabs which seemed to make no difference.  She doesn't get an infection, but I think they were giving her antibiotics to calm down her poor owner more than anything.  Also, she had something to relax her bladder, but that verses a vet trip probably cancelled things out.  Even my husband (who doesn't fuss over the cats) said the vets trips weren't doing her any good, so we stopped and got her over it on the Cystease.    It depends what you think is best for Amber, but you could try leaving it a bit longer before going to the vets and see if you can manage it on the Cystease.  They are such a worry aren't they, but very lovable.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 09:50:20 AM »
Thanks for all the support.
Amber seems to be fine again now which is good
love
Tab

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 19:43:52 PM »
Glad she's back to her cuddly self  :) You have a PM  :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 18:09:41 PM »
Its just a pain in that I have no money and she waits until I do something like buy myself a craft magazine as a treat and then gets ill. Maybe I give off guilt vibes when I buy a non essential but when it gets to the point where I can buy a feliway plug in or food for the week (for both of us) sadly food has to win and the feliway has to wait until a time when I know she will be stressed or that I will  :naughty:
I do find it hard though as I try to keep everything as calm and normal as I can but since the vet saying she got ill because I was stressed I feel guilty and make things worse.
Tonight shes back to the cuddly sweatheart she normally is  :Luv2: :Luv2:

love
Tab

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 17:28:00 PM »
Hope Amber continues to be well most of the time  :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 16:53:28 PM »
Oh no I cant disturb her  :evillaugh:
Amber walked into my life in 1999 and I very quickly found out she had cystitis so although shes insured its not covered. She normally gets 2 or 3 bouts a year but the other year was rough as my other cat died and I was ill so she got really stressed. The cystease helps a lot though
I hope your girl keep well
love
Tab

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 15:35:23 PM »
Glad to hear she's been to the vet.  It's always good to catch it early.  I bet you don't want to disturb her if she's snoozing and relaxed.  My girl hasn't had it since September, so I'm overdue.  It's definitely helped her being on a maintenanace dose as she had six lots in a year before.   How long has Amber had cystitis and often often does she get it?  Hope she'll feel better soon.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 15:26:20 PM »
Amber is currently lying on my coat and having a snooze. Probably because the coat needs mending and thats what Im supposed to be doing now  :evillaugh:
Shes been to the vets who thinks shes lovely and had a metacam inj and an anti bio one. Tablets for s few days and then just the cystease again.
We were doing quite well this time as she hadnt been ill since october
love
Tab

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 14:26:34 PM »
Hope everything went okay at the vets.  How is Amber now?  My girl get cystitis (so I sympathcize) and to be honest if she is showing any unusual signs in the toilet department, I up the dose (especially as the last bout took a month to clear up!)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »
Well she went on the tray a few times last night yowled and there are a few small pooh's this morning. Ive just cleaned the tray and put different litter in. She usually has wood based but I try cat san if I think shes starting so I can see if the wee is pink or not.
She went on the tray and made no sound came off and went into the kitchen and tucked into biscuits. Ive checked the tray and theres a small pink patch so its off to the vets today
Thanks all
love
Tab

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:10:33 AM »
Hope you've caught it in time to nip it in the bud  :hug:

If her cystitis is always stress related have you tried rescue remedy at all?

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 21:40:00 PM »
Bless Amber

I don't have any experience of cats with cystitis but just from personal experience, I would say up the cystease to catch it in case she has another bout coming up. Better to catch it before it goes to the red wee stage. I ignored cyststis signs and it turned into a full blown kidney infection and I was up the hospital...ouch!

Something may have triggered it that you weren't aware of, especially if she is quite a sensitive girl anyway *hug*
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
pooh or wee query?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 20:01:13 PM »
OK so Amber is a cystitis babe and normal behaviour is she 'yowls' on the tray then produces mini poohs and red wee's.
This week shes been yowling but producing normal sized wee's.

Can a cat have a change in bowel habits while being on the same food or should I worry.
Should I just up the cystease and hope to catch cystitis before it starts being red wee?

I havent had any problems or stresses that I know of recently and thats the normal trigger but then again the feliway ran out last month so maybe thats the problem

any suggestions?

Thank you
love
Tab

PS I never thought I would start a thread on pooh and wee!!!!!

Link to CatChat