Author Topic: Lump in the neck.... what could it be?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Lump in the neck.... what could it be?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 16:05:22 PM »
Its probably a fatty lump -most of mine have had them -i put it down to old age on mine -all been checked at vet and Sophies grew a fair bit so it was removed and Smartie had one removed a good few years back for a biopsy and it was a fatty lump too.
 :hug: :hug:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 15:49:56 PM »
Thanks you guys!

She is due her vaccinations this month and so hasn't had any for a year or so. She i microchipped, but that was done 5 years ago and so I doubt it's working it's way out.... I know I might worry for nothing, but oh I do love her and don't want her to be ill!!!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 23:47:14 PM »
Has she been vaccinated recently? It could be a reaction to that.

One my girls had a lump in exactly the same place, not long after she'd been vaccinated. It never seemed to bother her and disappeared after a couple of months.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 21:14:02 PM »
Zephyr has a lump on the inside of his thigh ..... about the size of a small marble.  The vet has prodded and poked it and said it's nothing to worry about ... just a fatty lump.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 18:30:59 PM »
Suspect fatty lump or cist.................has she got a microchip?

I hope its nothing serious  :hug: :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 18:22:21 PM »
hopefully it will be something not serrious.      Try not to worry.     My late persian Shona had a lump on her head.     Took her to the vet who said it wasn't anything to worry about[can't remember what he said it was though].     Occasionally she would scrach it and make it bleed.     After a long time though it eventually disappeared.       
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Lump in the neck.... what could it be?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 17:35:54 PM »
Well Katie has got over her cystitis, but the vet wanted to check out a lump that has appeared in her neck  :'(

I'd noticed it months and months ago, and I wanted to keep an eye on it, but it kept appearing to move or disappear and I thought it had gone. It's now getting bigger and bigger and easier to find and so i've got an appointment on Tuesday for the vet to feel.

It's on the back of her neck, about the size of a pea, hard, but seems to not be attached to the bone or muscle...

Of course i'm worried it's cancer, she about 10 years old but doesn't appear to have any other symptoms  :(

I'm worried...
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat