Author Topic: male neutering  (Read 4440 times)

Offline hevern

• Adult Cat
male neutering
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 23:37:32 PM »
hi im jan, i have a female silver and white tabby jonesy, she will be two in april, and i have mikey an all black male kitten who is five and a half months old.

Jonesy is neutered and as i have always had female cats i just wondered when mikey will become sexually mature.  I have read a lot of conflicting opions on this and am getting a bit confused.  Im registered with the PDSA and as they have a waiting list i cant get him done till the end of april when he will be eight and a half months old.

I have read that male cats can get aggresive, change in body shape and of course, the foul smelling urine.  so is this going to happen before eight and a half months,  Im thinking that it could cause problems as they share a litter box, so will jonesy not be put off the litter tray if she thinks the smell is different, and also will their play turn into serious fights as his hormone levels rise?  If this was to happen it could cause jonesy stress and bring on seizures as she has epilpepsy.   any help would be appreciated.    jan
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 23:41:28 PM by hevern »

Link to CatChat