Author Topic: Cats Bum  (Read 1463 times)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
Re: Cats Bum
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 20:17:08 PM »
One of our old cats sometimes had this problem because she was often constipated due to her tablets. It does sound as if she is a bit constipated or she could have something hard stuck in her rectum. The white bits you saw are, I think, the scent glands which can get impacted or infected. It would be worth having her checked out as the vet could feel and determine if there are hard faeces in the bowel and also if there is a problem with the scent glands or anything causing partial blockage.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 17:05:00 PM »
When Lu has literally just done a poo his bum 'pulses' like it's still squeezing but 'two hard white bits that don't come off' does sound odd and then 'looked like the inside of her bum was out' could be something serious so better to be safe than sorry in my book.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 14:26:09 PM »
have to say it sounds pretty normal to me .....

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:20:46 PM »
Definitely sounds like a vet visit to be on the safe side  :hug: Let us know how she gets on.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 14:10:43 PM »
Get to the vets and have her checked out.

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
Cats Bum
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:25 AM »
Hi Guys - bit of weird one... yesterday we noticed Tansy who is 18 months old - it looked like the inside of her bum was out - this last a few moments and then went back to normal - we then noticed it again later on and there was also poo coming out :scared: Then a few moments later it looked normal again.
Initially we thought she may be constipated so bought some olive oil and put some on her food last night - this morning I found her having a wee ... then we checked her bum and there was two hard white bits attached to her bum which when wiped did not come off. A few moments later it looked normal aagain.
And then I caught her having a poo - she had two normal poos which looked fine to me!
So now im a little confused - has anyone experienced anything liek this before?

Link to CatChat